Status: Active!! Co-Written with Snowflake!!

Lying in the Shadows to Syn with a Vengeance under The Reverand and Christ our Lord

New York, New York

“Jimmy?” She asked, smiling hugely.

He nodded, and smiled, as he leaned against the railing of the balcony.

“So explain things to me. If I’m dead how come McKenzie and you can both see me?”

“Because only “Special people” can see and talk to ghosts. It takes an even more “Special person” to be able to smell and touch them, too.” I sighed.

“So you’re one of the “more Special people”?”

“Thanks for reminding me.” I grumbled.

“Awww, you’re my “more Special Person”.” He said, wrapping his arms around me, tightly.

"You're lucky. I miss Jimmy's hugs." Kenzie pouted.

"I miss your hugs, too." Jimmy whined.

"Wow you guys are a bunch of touchy feely retards." I said rolling my eyes playfully.

"Are you talking to McKenzie again, baby?" Brian groaned from the bedroom.

I froze in shock and stared at McKenzie in horror before i recovered. "Yeah."

"Come here." Brian whined in a childlike voice making me smile and make my way through the living room.

I made sure to close the door behind me so Brian wouldn't hear Kenzie talking to Jimmy and start asking questions.

I walked to the bed where he had already fallen back asleep. I leaned over to place a soft kiss on his lips when he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me down on the bed next to him.

“I miss cuddling with you.” He whispered, as he placed sweet kisses all over my face.

“If you didn’t yell so much we would be able to cuddle more.” I pointed out.

“I love you.” He whispered pressing his forehead against mine.

“Forever and Always.” I replied in a whisper.

I slowly pried myself from his arms about 10 minutes after I heard the door close. I smiled to myself as I exited my room. At the counter I saw a hand jotting things down on a piece of paper.

I pushed Jimmy and went into the kitchen where I went to grab myself some coffee.

“What the hell is this?!” Brian demanded entering the kitchen with the piece of paper in hand.

“Do you think this is some kind of sick joke?!” He yelled as I read it.

“How can you blame me for this?! I miss him just as much as you do!!” I screamed back.

“You and McKenzie were the only ones here!!”

"Maybe Jimmy wrote it!" I screamed.

"Jimmy died last year! I can't believe you'd be such a heartless bitch." He growled.

"I can't believe you'd be such a stupid asshole." I cried grabbing my keys off the table and ripping off the necklace he gave me when we first met.

I dropped it to the floor on my way to the door. As I slammed it shut behind me I leaned against the wall and sobbed. After what seemed like forever I ran down the stairs and out of the building.

"Jessica?" Jimmy asked concerned.

"Leave me alone! This is all your fault!!. . .Oh my god. I'm sorry Jimmy." I sobbed.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I don't know. Anywhere, but here. I have to get away! Out of Huntington, out of California. Maybe Alaska or back to Minnesota. I’ll go to Colorado or New York. I’ll go to the fucking equator. If I have to die to get away, then by god, I’ll do it.” I sobbed.

He glared at me and shook his head as I ran to my car. For about 3 minutes I fumbled with the keys until I finally got them into the ignition and started the car. I drove straight to McKenzie’s house.

I knocked on the door until she answered it. Jimmy followed me into the house, and leaned against the door as he watched us.

“Can you give us a minute?” I demanded after I’d tore through the house in my quest to see if anyone else was in the house.

He narrowed his eyes, but walked out of the room. I told her the basics of what was going on and she slowly nodded her head.

“I think New York is my best bet.” I sighed.

“Give me 3 days, I need to think of something to tell Zacky.” She sighed.

“You won’t need any time, because you won’t need to tell him anything. You’re staying here with him.”

“Woah, woah woah. . .wait a second. . .You expect me to let you go to New York By yourself?” She demanded.

“It’s not what I want, it’s what I need.”

“Come home soon.” She said after a long hesitation.

“I don’t know if I’m even coming back.”

“If you don’t, call me and I’ll come out to you.”

“Like that’s gonna happen.” I said smiling half-heartedly before running out the door.

********3rd person********

About 2 hours after Jessica left, Zack got a call from Brian.

“Is Jessica there?” Brian asked.

“Why would Jessica be at my house, dude?” Zack asked.

“I thought you might be at McKenzie’s.” He said before hanging up.

He’d already been to Matt and Val’s and he’d tried Leana’s and even Johnny’s, but she wasn’t there. The most he could do was pray that she was still at McKenzie’s or she at least knew where she was.

He ran up to the door, and continually knocked until she answered.

“Is Jessica here?”

“What’s it to you?” McKenzie demanded.

“I need to know. I need to apologize.”

“I think she’s had enough of your apologies.”

“You don’t understand, I love her.”

“Nobody hurts someone they love that much.” She said shaking her head.

“I didn’t mean it.”

“She came here, every single time you guys fought and she told me all about it!!” She yelled.

“I wasn’t the only one that started the fights!!”

“When your best friend just died, and the guy you’re in love with is killing you emotionally, what else is there you could do?! She was so stressed, and it was killing her!! Every single time you guys fought she would tell me that she wished that you would hit her instead, because it would hurt SOO much less! If she didn’t love you, do you think she would take your shit?!”

“Where is she?” He begged.

“I don’t know, Brian. She said she couldn’t take it anymore. She said she had to get out.”

“So. . .she’s gone/”

“She boarded her flight half an hour ago.”

“Where is she going? I know that you know, so why can’t you just tell me?”

“Because she told me that she didn’t love you anymore, and she didn’t have the heart to tell you.” Jessica never said that. . .but it was the best way to get him to let her go, and McKenzie knew it.

“Your lying.” Brian said searching her face.

“I wouldn’t lie to you about that.” Another lie.

“I still love her.”

“Then let her go.”

He swallowed and closed his eyes before he slowly nodded as he backed away. He backed into the street and turned towards his house, but veered off on a different road. If she thought that he wasn’t gonna go after her then she must’ve taken something. When he arrived at the airport he ran to the front desk running over men, women, and children.

“Excuse me. Has a dark skinned girl with long brown hair, brown eyes, an oval shaped face, and soft looking skin come through here?” He gasped as he reached the weigh station.

“A lot of people looking like that come through here.”

“Jessica Alm. Was she here?”

She typed something into the computer and smiled.

“Her flight left about an hour ago. The next flight to New York leaves in about an hour. It’s a straight flight, they should arrive at about the same time.” She explained.

“Thank you! Thank you so[/I[ much.” He said.

“We only have first class available.” She said.

“That’s fine, that’s great. I’ll take it.” He said.

“Any baggage today sir?”

“No.”

“That’s how she came through, too. Mind me asking why she took off like that?”

“Another fight.”

“What’s out in New York?”

“It’s just far away from California.”

“That bad, huh?”

“It’s always that bad. She just ignores it most of the time.”

“Good luck. She’s lucky.”

“I’m the lucky one.” He said taking his ticket and running to the metal detectors.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I know this was supposed to be Snowflake's update, but I already had this typed!! Anyways, tell me what you think, and tell me what you think of the title!!

Fireball!! >>>>>Rawr<<<<<<<