Your Song

Night of Champions

Xx-zarah-xX

It was finally time for Night of Champions. I was in the bathroom in the girls’ locker room, finishing up my face paint for my match tonight.

It was very simple tonight. I had a black mask that started just above my eyebrows and ended a little bit above the tip of my nose. The mask was traced with neon green and blue lines and had little neon pink and orange swirls coming up from the bottom of my mask… well… it started out being simple…

“Hey Zarah, you’re match is gonna start in like ten minutes.” Mickie said poking her head into the bathroom.

“Okay.” I said. “Thanks Mickie.”

I quickly finished up my paint and threw everything in my bag. I put my bag in my locker and headed out to the entrance place for the wrestlers.

On my way I ran into Adam. I used the excuse that my match was coming up so I wouldn’t have to talk to him. He nodded and ended up just yelling a “Good luck!” as I hurried away from him.

I felt really bad that I kept having to making up excuses not to talk to him, but I loved Matt so much. If he didn’t want me talking to Adam, then I wouldn’t talk to Adam.

I met Matt at the entrance place just as Michelle, Layla, and Vickie started out to the ring.

“Ready?” he asked smiling.

I shrugged. “There’s no way I’m coming out of this unharmed.” I said.

“You’ll do fine.” Matt said pulling me into a bear hug. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said hugging him back.

Michelle’s music died down and I stepped out of Matt’s arms as my own music started blasting through the arena.

Matt and I ran out to the cheering audience. I slid into the ring and attacked Michelle right away, the bell sounded a few seconds later.

We both put everything we had into that match – there was no way either of us were going easy.

After a lot of fighting – you couldn’t even call what we were doing wrestling, two Faith Breakers, four Twist of Fate’s, and one Razorblade Kiss [my Senton Bomb] I finally pinned Michelle for the full three count.

Matt climbed into the ring as my music started playing again.

“You did it!” he yelled pulling me into a tight hug. “You did it Zarah!”

I smiled and hugged him back. When we finally broke apart, the ref handed me my belt and thrust my hand into the air. Matt grabbed my other hand and kissed it before throwing it up there too.

As a good majority of the arena continued to cheer, I looked over at Michelle. She was holding her head and looked really beat up.

I sighed before walking over to her and offering her my hand. She looked up at me with a confused look on her face.

My music died down and everyone was watching me. “I’m not going to be a bitch just because I won.” I said smiling lightly.

“I’m surprised Zarah’s even offering to help Michelle up after everything she put her through these past few months.” I heard one of the commentators say.

Still holding her head with one hand, Michelle grabbed my still outstretched hand with the other and I helped her up.

“Good match.” I said shaking her hand.

Layla and Vickie were in the ring by that time, so I shook their hands too. All three wore looks of shock on their faces – this part had not been planned.

I grabbed my belt and Matt’s hand. Smiling, I headed out of the ring and backstage.

Once we were backstage, I let go of Matt’s hand and he ran off to get ready for his own match that was coming up soon.

On my way back to the locker room I ran into Shannon. He just recently returned to WWE after his TNA contract ran out. After proving himself against Christian his first night on SmackDown, he quickly became the number one contender for the Intercontinental title, which Kofi Kingston held.

“Great job with your match!” Shannon said hugging me. “You were awesome!”

“Thanks Shannon!” I said hugging him back. “I’m sure you’ll do amazing on your match too!”

“I hope so.” he said as we let go of each other.

“Hey Shannon, we gotta go.” Kofi said walking past us. “Our match is next.”

“I’m coming.”

Shannon turned to face me, clearly nervous.

“You’ll do fine.” I said hugging him again. “I know you will.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.” I said. “Now go kick Kofi’s ass!”

I heard him laugh as he ran off.

Shannon’s music started playing a few minutes later and I quickly found a TV monitor so I could watch his match.

“Come on Shannon.” I said as the bell rang three times.

“Hey Zarah.”

I looked up from the monitor to see Adam.

Shit.

“Hey.” I said looking back down at the monitor.

“Nice match.” he said leaning against the wall next to me.

“Thanks.” I said wishing he would go away.

I frowned as Kofi pulled Trouble in Paradise on Shannon. He fell to the floor of the ring and Kofi pinned him. I sighed with relief when Shannon kicked out at two.

“I was really surprised you did that.” he said.

“Did what?”

“Shook Michelle’s hand.” he said.

“Yeah, well, at least I can say I tried.” I said finally turning to look at him. “I don’t have to be mean just because she is.”

“True.” he said smiling.

I forgot about my promise again. We ended up talking all through Shannon’s match.

“COME ON SHANNON!” I yelled at the TV monitor, making Adam laugh.

I watched as Shannon went for his second attempt at a Mooregasm, this time landing it perfectly. He quickly pinned Kofi for a full three count.

“YES!” I yelled punching the air.

I made to run out to the ring but Adam grabbed me around the waist.

“You might want to wait till he comes back here.” he said.

“Right… dammit.” I said.

Adam and I both laughed, but I quickly shut up as I saw Matt and Jeff coming towards us. I hurriedly stepped out of Adam’s arms as they drew closer. Matt wasn’t looking very happy.

“I have to go Adam.” I said. “Good luck with your match.”

“Thanks.” he said before walking away.

I started walking towards Matt and Jeff and met them halfway.

“Ready to become tag team champions?” I asked smiling.

“Hell yeah!” Jeff exclaimed.

Matt didn’t say anything; he just smiled faintly and refused to meet my eyes.

Shit…

Shannon finally came backstage and I ran over and attacked him. Jeff and Matt also came over and congratulated him on winning his first title in the WWE.

We weren’t able to celebrate for very long. The tag team title match was up next.

On our way over to the entrance place, I laced my fingers through Matt’s as we walked.

“I love you.” I said.

“I love you too.” he mumbled, not even looking at me.

“Matt, I-”

Our music started playing and Jeff and Matt were announced. Matt took his hand out of mine and he and Jeff started out to the ring. I followed a few steps behind them, like always.

We got to the ring and The Miz and Chris Jericho came out. The match started with Jeff and Jericho in the ring.

I made it seem like I was really concentrating on the match. But I hardly knew what was going on. I was too busy trying not to break down in front of the whole arena. How could Matt think there was something going on between Adam and me?

Before I knew it, Matt had the Miz pinned. The ref called out a full three count and Loaded started blasting through the cheering arena.

I put on a fake smile as Jeff and I climbed into the ring. I attacked Matt, even though he was mad at me. I grabbed his face and kissed him as Jeff hugged both of us.

“I love you.” I said. “I really mean it.”

“I love you too.” he said smiling. “And I’m really sorry for how I acted.”

“AND I LOVE BOTH OF YOU!” Jeff yelled shoving the tag team belts into Matt’s arms.