Your Song

The Fight

Xx-matt-xX

We had just finished up a tapping of SmackDown and all the wrestlers were checking into this one hotel for the night. Jeff, Shannon, Shane, and I were in the lobby, trying to figure out where to go. There were a few groups of people going out to different places.

We finally decided to go out to this one bar with Chavo, Jason [Christian], Nick [Dolph Ziggler], and a few others. We were all just waiting on Layla and Michelle.

Shannon was telling us about an idea he had for the Hardy Show. I stopped listening when Zarah walked into the lobby. I watched out of the corner of my eye as she started walking towards the doors. Adam was walking next to her.

They walked past us and I locked eyes with Adam. He gave me a cocky smile that was clearly supposed to piss me off. And it worked.

They reached the doors and headed outside, but not without another cocky smirk from Adam.

I made to go after him, but Jeff stopped me.

“What are you doing?” he asked grabbing my arm.

“I’m going after them!” I said pointing at the door. “It’s like they have to rub it in every chance they fucking get!”

“Matt calm down.” Shannon said. “I know it may seem like that’s what they’re doing, but it’s not! Zarah’s not like that – you of all people should know that.”

I jerked my arm out of Jeff’s grasp as Christian came over to us. He started telling us about something and I took that as my chance to slip away.

I hurried outside in time to see them go around the corner. I quickly followed after them. I was trying to think of something to say to them, but couldn’t come up with anything. All I cared about at the moment was hurting Adam as much as I could.

“Hey! Copeland!” I said when I was only a few steps behind them.

He turned around and I punched him in the face with everything I had.

“MATT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!” Zarah exclaimed.

I turned to face her and was Speared by Adam. We fell to the ground, punching and kicking all the way.

“MATT GET OFF HIM!” Zarah yelled as we continued to fight. “MATT! STOP IT!”

I ignored her and managed to roll us over so that I was on top of Adam. I started punching every bit of him I could reach.

Next thing I knew, I was being pulled off Adam. Jeff and Shane were trying to hold me back as Shannon helped Adam up.

“You don’t look so good man.” Shannon said to him. He turned to look at Jeff and Shane. “I think we need to take him to the hospital, I think there’s something wrong with his shoulder.”

Jeff and Shane let go of me and went over to help Adam.

I looked at him and was proud of everything I had done to him. His nose was bleeding and he was definitely getting a black eye. His lip was also bleeding and his shirt was torn, revealing scratch marks and bruises. I noticed that his shoulder was hanging in a weird position.

“Oh shit dude, I think you’re right.” Shane said.

Jeff turned to Zarah. “Can you clean him up?” he asked motioned to me. “We have to get Adam to the hospital.”

“I’m not going with her.” I said.

“Shut the fuck up Matt!” Jeff yelled. “You don’t have a fucking say in this!”

He turned to look at Zarah again. She nodded and wearily made her way over to me. She gently grabbed my arm and I jerked it out of her grasp.

She looked down at her feet and sighed. “Follow me.” she mumbled.

I looked at Jeff. He refused to look at me. I turned to Shane and Shannon. Neither said a word.

Feeling defeated, I finally followed Zarah. She led me back into the hotel and up to her room. The whole time she was quiet.

She unlocked the door to her room and I followed her into the bathroom.

The room was silent except for the sound of running water. I watched as she wet a washcloth and rang it out. I leaned against the sink as she started wiping at my face where I assumed there was blood. She concentrated on the areas she wiped at, clearly not wanting to make eye contact.

She started cleaning a spot that was right next to my right eye. She finally slipped up and we locked eyes. It felt like we stayed like that forever. I couldn’t remember the last time I looked into her eyes.

She finally looked away and turned to rinse out the washcloth. She turned back to me, once again refusing to make eye contact. The cold washcloth touched my still bleeding lip and I jumped slightly.

“Sorry.” she mumbled.

After cleaning my lip she set the washcloth in the sink. She got out a bottle of peroxide and wiped the areas that were still bleeding, mumbling an apology for the stinging.

“Done.” she finally said.

I nodded and headed out of the bathroom. I paused at the door and turned around. She walked out of the bathroom and went over to her bed. She started looking in her bag for something, her back turned to me.

Looking at her, I suddenly realized how much I really missed her. As much as I wanted to deny it, I still loved her. And as much as I wanted to deny it, I wanted her back.

I slowly made my way over to her. She was still digging in her bag for something. Seeming to have given up, she closed her bag and stared to zip it up. I slowly reached out and put my hands over hers.

She looked up at me and we locked eyes for the second time that night.

“I think I’m ready.” I said.

“Ready for what?” she asked sounding confused.

“I think I’m ready to listen now.”