Your Song

Bragging Rights

Xx-zarah-xX

This past week on SmackDown there were four matches for the Heavyweight title match: Matt Hardy vs Drew McIntyre; Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk; Jack Swagger vs Big Show; and Christian vs “Dashing” Cody Rhodes – “dashing”? Seriously? Now tonight would be the four-way elimination match of Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy vs Jack Swagger vs Christian.

I would of course be at ringside; rooting for both my boys… this would not end well…

It was Sunday night and Bragging Rights had already started. The Miz just defended his United States title against R-Truth and now it was time for one of our backstage scenes with Josh Matthews.

“Please welcome my guests at this time,” Josh said. “The four contenders for the World Heavyweight championship.”

I cleared my throat.

“And Zarah Havens.” he added.

He proceeded to interview each of the contenders. They were all a bit cocky [okay, Swagger was really cocky] and each claimed that they were going to win the title tonight.

“And Zarah,” Josh said when he was done talking to Jeff. “This has got to be a little tough for you. Who are you rooting for?”

“Well, Josh, I’m obviously going to be rooting for my boys.” I said putting my arms around Matt and Jeff’s shoulders. “Both of my boys. As long as Team Xtreme picks up a win tonight, I don’t care who wins.”

The camera turned off and Matt, Jeff, and I we went to watch Shannon’s Intercontinental match against MVP.

x-later-x

It was now almost time for the World Heavyweight match. Matt, Jeff, and I were getting ready for our backstage scene before the actual match.

We got in our spots at the end of an empty hall and the cameraman motioned to us to start.

I started walking down the hall, clearly upset. Matt and Jeff were following me. They were trying to get me to stop and talk to them.

Matt finally grabbed my arm and whipped me around to face him and Jeff when we reached the other end of the hall. “Zarah what are you so worried about?” he asked.

“I don’t like that both of you are in this match!” I finally exclaimed.

“What do you mean?” Jeff asked.

“I hate it when the two of you wrestle each other!” I said.

“But Zarah we’re going to be working together to get Swagger and Christian out.” Jeff said calmly.

“And then what happens when it’s the two of you?” I asked. “The way you guys are talking, the only way one of you can win is to pin the other!”

“Zarah.” Matt said putting his hands on my shoulders. “So what if Jeff and I have to wrestle each othe? We don’t mind! When we’ve wrestled in the past, it’s been because we were fighting. Tonight it’s just going to be some friendly completion. Team Xtreme isn’t going to break up over something like this. Relax.”

I sighed. “You guys are right. I’m sorry.”

Matt pulled my into a tight hug. “It’s okay.” he said. “Now come on. I have a title to win!”

“You mean I have a title to win.” Jeff said as I looped my arms through theirs.

“No, no, no, no, no.” Matt said as we made our way off screen. “I have a title to win.”

Christian was already heading out to the ring as we got to the entrance place. Jack was next, followed by Jeff, and then I went out with Matt. The bell rang three times and the match started.

“And we are joined at the commentary table by the lovely Zarah Havens.” Matt Striker said as I sat down next to him. “Welcome Zarah.”

“Thanks Matt.” I said putting on a headset.

“We saw earlier when Josh was interviewing you that you don’t care which Hardy wins as long as Team Xtreme takes home the belt tonight.” Michael Cole said.

“That’s right.” I said as I watched Matt pull a Side Effect on Swagger. “COME ON MATT!” I looked over at Jeff in time to see Christian pin him. “KICK OUT JEFF!” I sighed with relief when he kicked out.

Matt Striker and Michael spent most of the match commentating and asking me questions about the four wrestlers. On more than one occasion, I interrupted myself or one of them to cheer for my boys.

Swagger was eliminated first, Christian soon followed. “And then there were two.” Michael said as Christian rolled out of the ring. “Looks like Team Xtreme is going to pick up the win after all.”

I bit my lip as I watched Matt and Jeff. This is the part I had been dreading. They stood in the ring staring at each other, both hesitating. Jeff was the first one to move. He ran at Matt and they locked up. Matt got the upper hand and threw Jeff on the ground.

“COME ON MATT!” I yelled standing up again. “NO! GET UP JEFF... MOVE MATT... DON’T JUST STAND THERE! PIN HIM... NO! KICK OUT... ARGH!”

“And it looks like Zarah doesn’t know who to root for.” Michael said laughing.

“She has to be going crazy!” Matt Striker said. “I mean she should root for Matt because he’s her boyfriend. But she should root for Jeff because he’s like the brother she never had.”

“I just wanted the match to be over already!” I exclaimed.

It seemed to take forever, but Matt finally pinned Jeff for the full three-count.

I screamed in delight as Matt rolled off Jeff. I ripped the headset off and climbed in the ring. I tackled Matt as the ref handed him his new belt.

“Your winner,” the announcer said. “And new World Heavyweight champion – Matt Hardy!”

By now Jeff had gotten to his feet. He came over and hugged Matt, congratulating him on finally winning the title.

When Jeff finally let go of him, I attacked Matt again. I jumped on him and wrapped my arms and legs around his middle. He wrapped his arms around me as I started to slip.

“You did it Matt!” I exclaimed before kissing him.