Your Song

Celebrating

Xx-zarah-xX

After Bragging Rights was over a bunch of us decided to go out to a local bar and celebrate Matt finally winning the World Heavyweight title.

“To my big brother, Matt!” Jeff said raising his shot glass. “It’s about damn time they give you the title!”

“To Matt!” a bunch of us said before drinking our shots of Cherry Jack Rum.

Aw, brotherly love. I smiled as Matt pulled Jeff into a hug. I always thought it was cute when they did that.

The time for worrying was over – or so people wanted me to believe. The match was over, but what about the aftermath? I was still worried that maybe Jeff would be mad that they decided to give the title to Matt. He seemed fine – he was the one who suggested we go out and celebrate – but he was also really good at hiding things when he wanted to.

I pushed the thought to the back of my mind as Matt and Layla came over to me.

“Come dance with us!” Layla said.

I set down my empty shot glass and let they pull me out to the dance floor.

x-later-x

I think I danced with everyone in the past two hours! I started out dancing with Matt and Layla. But then Michelle cut in and I danced with her, and then Alicia cut in and I danced with her, and then Shannon cut in and I danced with him, and then Maryse cut in and I danced with her, and then Ron cut in and I danced with him, and then Mike cut in and I danced with him, and the list goes on and on!

Jason and I were dancing to If I Had You by Adam Lambert. The song ended and Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz started playing. I let Michelle cut in and dance with Jason. I was dying of thirst and needed something to drink.

I headed to the bar area and saw Jeff sitting by himself. Now was my chance to talk to him.

“This seat taken?” I asked motioning to the seat next to him.

He shook his head and I sat down. I ordered a rum and coke and turned to face Jeff.

“I can’t believe Matt finally won the title.” he said absentmindedly stirring his drink with a straw.

“I know.” I said as my own drink arrived. “It’s amazing.”

“It only took him, what? Twelve years?” he said.

“Yeah…” Why not just get to the point? “Jeff, are you really happy for him?”

He turned to look at me like I was crazy. “Of course I am!” he said. “Why wouldn’t I be? He’s my brother!”

“It’s just… I know you were excited to be getting another title shot, and they were actually going to give you the title and then changed their minds at the last second… I just thought you might be a little mad, that’s all.”

Jeff sighed. “I was at first. But I decided not to let it bother me. I’ve already had the title a few times. Matt hasn’t, and I can’t think of anyone who deserves it more. I really am happy for him.

I smiled. “Okay. I just wanted to make sure.”

Jeff smiled and set down his drink. “That’s okay. Now come on, I haven’t gotten to dance with you yet!”

We made our way out to the dance floor and started dancing to some song neither of us knew the name of.

I didn’t entirely believe Jeff. It could just be me being paranoid or it could be something trying to warn me of what lay ahead for the three of us. For now I decided to drop the matter, tonight was a night for partying and celebrating.

I pushed any worries I had to the back of my mind as Layla and Matt appeared. We switched dance partners so that Layla and Jeff were dancing and Matt and I were dancing.

“So Mr. World Heavyweight Champion,” I said as Matt wrapped his arms around my waist. “How does it feel?”

“Hmm…” he said rubbing his hands up and down my sides. “It feels smooth… and thin… and-”

“Jerk.”

He laughed. “It feels amazing.” he finally said. “But it feels even more amazing when I remember that I now have the title and you.”

I smiled and stood up on the tips of my toes to kiss him.

“I love you.” I said when we broke apart.

“I love you too.” he said touching his forehead to mine. “And I always will.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's kind of short. I just thought here would be a good spot to end it. =]