Your Song

Zarah vs Layla

Xx-zarah-xX

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and sighed. My eyes were red and puffy, my nose was red and running, and my makeup was smeared all over my face from constantly wiping away my tears. I had moved from the locker room into the bathroom when Rosa needed to come in to get ready. I had spent the past hour locked in the bathroom, curled up in a ball on the floor, crying.

How could he do this to me? Is this pay back for what happened with Adam? I thought we cleared that up...

There was a knock on the bathroom door. “Zarah,” Kelly Kelly’s voice called from the other side. “Jeff’s looking for you.”

I quickly washed off what was left of my makeup and headed out.

“You okay?” she asked when she saw me.

I sighed. “No, but I’m gonna have to be.”

“Wanna talk about it?”

I shook my head. “I should probably see what Jeff wants.” I wiped at my face again to make sure I was completely tear-free. “Where is he?”

“Out in the hall.” she said. She gave me a look of sympathy. “I’m here if you need someone to talk to.”

“Thanks.”

I headed out of the locker room and ran into Jeff almost right away.

“Oh, Zarah, what’s wrong?” he asked.

I shook my head, not trusting myself to speak.

“Zarah, tell me what happened.”

I finally opened my mouth to speak but broke down before I could say anything. I crumbled to the floor and cried. Jeff knelt down beside me and pulled me into his arms.

Through my tears, I managed to tell him what Shannon and I had seen earlier.

“I’m sure it’s not what it seems.” he said when I was done. “You probably just walked in at the wrong time.”

“I don’t think so Jeff.” I said. “It didn’t seem that way by the looks on their faces.”

He sighed and gently pulled me up off the ground. He grabbed my hand and started pulling me down the hall.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Mr. McMahon wants to see you, Matt, and Layla. They sent me to get you. I guess I know why now.”

“How did Vince find out?”

“Your guess is as good as mine.”

We finally reached Mr. McMahon’s office. Jeff knocked lightly before we entered. Matt and Layla were already there. Layla was smiling while Matt just stared down at his feet. If Jeff wasn’t still holding my hand one of two things would have happened - #1: I would have turned around and run out of the room, or #2: I would have attacked Layla and beat her to a bloody pulp.

Mr. McMahon cleared his throat and all eyes turned to him. “Thank you Jeff.” he said. “If you could just wait outside-”

“Actually Mr. McMahon,” I said softly. “Could he stay here?”

He looked at me and his face softened. “Of course Zarah.”

Did I really look that bad?

I glanced over at Matt and we locked eyes. I quickly dropped my gaze and turned my attention back to Mr. McMahon as he started speaking again.

“Now, I’ll make this quick since Zarah and Matt both have matches coming up soon.” he said. “After hearing about this little problem between the three of you-” How can you call something like this little?! “-I’ve spoken with the creative team and they’ve decided to put Zarah and Layla in a feud over Matt.”

I looked at Vince in shock. I couldn’t believe this! I glanced over at Matt again and I was pretty sure we were wearing the same look.

“Mr. McMahon,” Matt finally spoke up. “I don’t think this is a really good idea considering everything that’s happened. I’m sure we could-”

“I think it’s a good idea.” Layla said cutting him off. “I don’t see anything wrong with it...”

I held in a string of curse words as she continued to talk.

Well if I couldn’t legally do anything to her outside of the ring...

“Let’s do it.” I said cutting Matt off as he started to protest again.

Everyone turned to look at me.

“Zarah, you don’t have to do this.” Matt said.

I ignored him. “I think it’s a good idea too, Layla.” I said looking at her shocked face. “And just think we won’t have to act at all. In and out of the ring.”

Layla was smiling before, but quickly dropped it when I said that last part. She had definitely come out worse last time we didn’t hold back in the ring.

“Well then,” Mr. McMahon said into the silence. “I guess that’s settled. I’ll let you all go so the two of you can get ready for your matches. I believe Zarah’s match is actually coming up in a few minutes. You might want to hurry.”

I nodded and left the room ahead of everyone else. I was almost to the entrance place when I heard Matt’s voice.

“Zarah wait!” Matt called. He grabbed my arm and whipped me around to face him. “Zarah, please listen to me! It’s not what you think! I swear!”

I jerked my hand out of his grasp and started walking again.

“Zarah-”

I stopped walking and turned back around to face him. “Matt I need you to leave me alone right now.” I said refusing to look him in the eyes.

“Zarah-”

“Please Matt.” I said.

He sighed. “For how long?”

I turned back around. “I don’t know.” I said as I started walking away.