Status: Send in stories. Message me with pictures and ect..

Remember Rev

The Hope Dies to the End

Author's Note: This was written by someone who is from Mexico. Her English is ok, and her grammer if the same. Bare with her in her writing, because It take so much strength and determination to do something like this

First let me introduce myself; I’m Angie and I live in Mexico City. I’m 19 and this happened when I was 18… And you know what? James Owen “The Rev” Sullivan is the most wonderful person that I ever knew in my life. He was one of my two inspirations for finally play the drums. He was so funny and creative and so…Jimmy, and this is what I love; that free soul and young spirit. So… thank you so much Jimmy, for touched my life in an awesome way. I’ll love and miss you forever.

This story starts one year ago exactly… when finally was confirmed the Metallica’s show, and there was an extra surprise because they announced Avenged Sevenfold as those who were going to open their concert, but there was a problem: my sister went to the hospital by her surgery of the hip and I donated all my money for the cause…

During three months I was looking for some way to get the money so I can go to the concert to see my favorite band, and I’m talking about Avenged Sevenfold which I never saw when they came on May 2008.

“I’m going to the concert,” My friend Emily who live in Acapulco, told me. “Val got me a ticket so I’m going, but still we can go to the airport or the hotel”

And yes, I was happy for her, but I was sad for some reason… Oh yeah, it was because I was not going to go to the concert.

The time went so fast and when I saw around me and already was June and immediately I knew that I wouldn’t go to the show, but that was okay because the hope dies to the end.

On June 3rd my friend arrived from Acapulco and she stayed at my house, that day we knew that A7X were finally in Mexico, so we decided go to the hotel at the next day (4th).

We arrived to the hotel along with the other street team’s members and we were waiting long time without anything; then my friend had to go to the show and I told her:

“Scream so hard for me,” She smiled and looked at me.

“I’m gonna scream ‘Rev, my “sista” loves you!” and then we laughed.

I remained in the hotel to see was happening, but nothing at all, this way the time passed so fast until the owner of the street team said to us that the guys were going to go out for the front door of the hotel, we ran, but we did not come in time... they already had gone away. I almost died right then and there.

And my friend was in the show screaming and having fun see them playing and all.

At the next day my friend and I met again in the hotel to see if this time we were lucky to know them, because really, this was our goal, to meet these amazing people. That day we had so many plans to go inside of the hotel and that, you know, the craziest things to meet your idol.

After all the failed plans, we waited long time outside of the hotel, the owner, Aurora and other girl called Eli go into the hotel and then 15 minutes later we received a text message which said that they just saw The Rev and talked to him, I was screaming like a crazy fangirl (well not at all), and then… yes, we waited a few minutes more. So a half and hour later appear Eli in the door of the hotel saying:

“Just calm down, but here comes Matt!”

“What’s up guys!” Said Shadows with a big smile and a coffee in his hand. Fuck, that guy was tall and strong… really… “mamado” how we say in Mexico, lol.

We walk around him and he gave us signs and photos so nicely and humble and, oh man, that boy was so amazing. The team we asked him about tacos and Mexico. He said loves Mexico and all. Then he had to go because he had a trouble with his laptop and he wanted help.

We were so happy and we had talk about Matt and how amazing he was so the time gone fast again. Like two hours ago my “sista” Emily said:

“Hey guys, there come three guys!”

“No, you’re lyi… It’s Johnny!” Said Lorena “my sister” and she was so happy because Johnny is her favorite bassist, she plays the bass, so.

And yeah, from the door appears Johnny, Jason and Dan with a little of fear, lol.

“We go out, so just a sign and a photo per person” Said Dan but in Spanish.. Johnny was a little shy, lol, but he was so amazing too, signing and talking with some guys. My friend was scared about to talk to him, but finally she did it.

We say goodbyes and thanks and then they left the hotel.

And that was all for this day.

The next day we went to the hotel again (hey, I bet that you had done the same). That day the guys had show so we just had a small possibility to see them. When my “sista” and I arrived to the hotel other girl say that she saw Syn and my friend had a heart attack… yep, she loves Syn, you know. So we went to the front door and wait again. And a few minutes later appears Syn in a taxi with Michelle. He came to us:

“Hola!” He said in Spanish, and he signed us a few things and photos. It was fast because he had to go to the concert. I remember my sista cried. That day we only saw Syn, and the next day too, but this time only my “sista” and me saw him.

I was sad, because the 7th was the final Metallica show and I didn’t see Jimmy or Zacky, and I really wanted to see them. And since that day strange this have happened to my “sista” and I.

We said: "Please god, if you are going to make us the favor to see Rev and Zacky send us a sign... send us a yellow car " And from nowhere (well from the other street) came a yellow car… yep, that’s freaked us out, but, hey that was a great signal! And, you know why? The hope dies to the end…

The next day I almost cried because a girl told us that the guys already gone to USA. But nonetheless we went to the hotel.

All the time we were like: “Please god, if we’re gonna to see Rev and Zacky send us a yellow car!” And then the yellow car appears from somewhere. Really. No lie.

We arrived and we went inside of the hotel and just wait again. And there I was, with my friend Emily waiting for some smoke sign or whatever, the hotel guards wanted us out, but no, we had a mission and it was to see Jimmy and Zacky. The few minutes later and from somewhere appears Rev coming up the stairs. My expression was like;

“Rev, Rev, Rev, Rev!” Hyperventilating slightly and feeling that my heart would go out from my chest. He was along with Jason.

”Is the bar open?” Said Rev with a funny voice.

“No, sir, the bar isn’t open yet, but up stairs is another open bar, please follow me” Said the hotel guard.

I was still with a big shock provoked by saw him, so tall and big and so… being he, I don’t know… I just was seeing Jimmy! So, we decided go where to he was going, and then we were waiting outside of the small bar, we didn’t to bother him, but, oh man!, the wait was worth it. 45 minutes later he and Jason came down the stairs and they were laughing and joking, yes, they were drunk, but what!? Hello, Jimmy!

So my friend and I walk towards him and, gosh, I almost died, he smiled a little.

“Rev!” I said when he almost gone.

He stopped his walk, he saw at me and smile again.

“Hi, Rev!” I said. I was so nervous.

“HI!” He said smiling.

“Uh… ah” Yes my fucking English was in other place far away from me. “Ah, Can… Can you sign my shirt?”

“Of course!” And he took the marker and he signed it. “Can you put ‘For Angie’, please?” I asked.

And of this way I have written on my shirt a beautiful “HI ANGIE, THE REV”

My nerves appear again, and my shock too. So:

“Rev, Can we take us a photo with you?” Said my sista Emily, laughed at me by my face.

“Sure” He said.

“Girls, put!” Said Jason to my friend and me to put us at the sides of Rev.

“No, one for one” Said my friend.

“Okay!”

I was the first and, before the photo was taken Rev hugged me and then he smiled for the pic. Yes, I was in a shock yet.

Then my friend took her pic with him. And we all laughed because Rev put his feet slowly on the air and Jason took the pic.

My friend was with Jason questioning him about Zacky and I was with Rev. He was signing my CD's and he kissed me in my cheek spontaneously, I was in a big sock… again, really, that freaked me out as hell, and I was really nervous, I don’t knew what I told him, I guess was something like:

“You’re so cool at drums” He smiled to me and I said again: “I play the drums too, I wanna be like you some day!”

He said to me:

“Oh, you will... practice” or something I don’t know, my head was in other side, like in the moon, y’know?...

“Do you remember the show of Avenged here in Mexico the last year?”

“Oh, yes, I remember that show, was great, we wanna come back to bring another show… you know only Avenged Sevenfold, because all those motherfuckers fans of Metallica here are so fucking asholes and a bunch of close-mind. No cool”

Or something like that he said, haha, he was speaking so fast and he rolled his tongue.

“So you guys are coming back to Mexico next year?!”

“Yeah, I promise!”

And now when I think about what he promised us, I start to cry.

Now I repeat, The Rev was drunk, haha, but that didn’t take away from him how great, funny and humble he was, in contrast, he made us laugh and made us felt good with his care.

He finish to sign my CD’s and my friend and I were grateful to him and said good-bye. We went to the front door of the hotel and we saw Rev in the stairs again this time with a beer, it was fun, he hugged us again and he leave. His screams were sounded for all the hotel, and the hotel guards laughed at him, but we knew that he really didn’t care that, he didn’t care what other people said about him, and that is what I love about him.

Emily and I lefe the place and we met the guys again outside of the hotel, except Syn (he went to Cancun with Michelle), and yeah, photos once again, and, wtf! When I was again with Jimmy to took me another pic, Rev kissed me again, this time in my forehead, and I don’t know why this makes me laugh, perhaps he saw my desperate face. hahaha,

And yeah, the hope dies to the end, because we never lost the faith, and all those hours far away from my house worth it. And trust me, I’ll never change those days, never and I’ll keep it in my mind forever and ever.

So, this is how I met one of my heroes, one of my favorite persons in world and the most influenced person in my fucking life. That person I love him and I admire him so hard. And now, 6 month later that he passed away, I know the things happens for some reason… and I also know that the hope dies to the end.

[Ps. Sorry for all my mistakes, I’m not good enough with English as you can see, but I tried so hard. And I’m sharing with you my story and the pics too. (: So thanks for reading. I’ll see you on the road

Ps2: That all stuff with the Metallica’s fans I think you already know it, but if not… At the shows the fans of Metallica booed and cursed Avenged Sevenfold, also they threw bottles and shoes... Yes, not cool. But obviously also there had fans of A7X supporting them always. But obviously to A7X did not care about it, they never stopped to play. It was so cool.]
b
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Image
Also Go CHECK OUT MY NEWEST STORY P.S. I love You It's A Jimmy (the Rev) story. You guys wil love this, just check it out, and pass everything along to your friends

I havent gotten many, of these stories since January...So you have any, please send um in. Or if you know somebody who's met the rev or had a memory with him, please tell them to send something in.