Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

The Untouched Cheeseburger

*3rd Person Point Of View*

"Where's Frank?" Gerard asked the rest of his band mates as they tuned up for practice. Mikey shrugged at his brother as he strummed his bass quietly. Bob shook his head, sitting behind his drum set.

"I don't know, I haven't seen him since yesterday at lunch." Ray said, looking up from his guitar. They all nodded.

"Yeah, he just bolted..." Gerard trailed off.

Before he could admit to being worried, the door banged open suddenly and Frank walked in, looking hung-over.

"Hey guys!" he muttered. "Sorry... I, uh, had to, um, go for a drive.... B-but I'm back now, so let's practice." he finished lamely. His friends just looked at him.

"You okay?" Mikey asked, cautiously. Frank nodded vigorously, then stopped, it seemed to be giving him a headache. He picked up his guitar and got ready to play.

After three hours of practice the guys split up. Ray, Bob, and Mikey went off to rent a DVD. Frank and Gerard had declined the invite to good old zombie movie fun. Frank headed home to sleep off his 'drive' from the day before. Gerard went to meet up with Lavender at her place.

= Yesterday at Lunch =

Five young, attractive men squished into a diner booth chatting casually and waiting for their orders to be ready when a cell phone rang. Gerard Way pulled the cell from his tight jean pocket and answered.

"Hey, Lav. Yeah, I'm just having lunch with the guys. 'Kay, tomorrow. After practice. Alright. Love ya, bye." He hung up.

Mikey smirked. "Look at my big brother all growed up with a steady girlfriend!" he laughed.

"I'm glad you find it so amusing." Gerard said. Frank laughed awkwardly just as the food arrived. The clatter of plates drowned out his attempt at acting like his usual self. Nobody seemed to notice how out of place he felt.

Bob, Mikey, and Gee struck up a conversation through stuffed faces about Lavender. Ray chewed in silence, listening intently to his friends talk. Frank stared down at his burger and bit his lip.

"You guys, I'm kinda beat. I think I'm gonna head out. See you all tomorrow." He murmured, quickly got up and strode out of the diner. The table fell silent.

Ray spoke up as he looked at the uneaten cheeseburger Frank had left behind.

"Um, you guys, he left his food... that's not normal." They all looked quizzically at each other as they heard tires screech out of the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, short first chapter. I don't know, it felt really strained to me. I think I need to get back in the loop of writing. Comments please.
~aep