Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

The Next Issue

*Mikey's POV*

Gee and I were at the supermarket, for only one item. It was Saturday morning and the new issue of People Magazine had been released. We quickly found and bought it. On the cover was a small picture from a photo shoot the year before next to a large one that Isabella Fiori had taken Wednesday. We looked stressed out and off our game, the difference between the two pictures was palpable. And beneath the photos was the headline:

AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE! They discuss the problems that they've been attempting to deal with.

"Let's get back to Frank's. The guys are gonna want to see this right now," I said. Gerard nodded, not speaking. We got into his car and drove.

"We shouldn't have done that interview. We should have realized she would set us up again." I muttered.

"Well, it's done now. We know better. I'm gonna have to grovel with Nathan to get him to forgive me for setting this up." Gee said, annoyed.

Yeah, Nathan is gonna be one unhappy press agent, I thought.

We arrived at Frank's house. Bob opened the door and we walked into the living room to see Ray and Frank doodling all over Frank's casts with colorful Sharpies. They capped the Sharpies and looked at us expectantly. I passed the magazine to them. Bob went around to take a look at it too.

"You guys, it's all my fault, if I hadn't crashed... And then even when I did, I shouldn't have suggested we do this interview..." Frank said sadly.

Gee walked right up to him and knelt before him, "It's not your fault. Accidents happen and this article was me being stupid and taking charge when we were only brainstorming a plan. I should have just called our press agent in the first place."

"Can we stop throwing the blame around like it's a freakin' frisbee?" I asked.

"Yeah, you guys, we're in this together. This shit happens. And we've been through worse. We're gonna stay together. Let's not worry about this right now." Ray said. Bob grabbed the magazine from Ray's hands and went to the kitchen, where he ripped it in two and threw it in the trash.

"We all know we did a stupid thing. Let's not beat ourselves up. It's just a bunch of bullshit, we don't need to read it." Bob said through gritted teeth. He unclenched his jaw and sighed.

"I think it's time we put another disclaimer on our website," I said.

*Bob's POV*

After writing up what we were going to say together I volunteered to type it onto our site. It basically said what we had told each other earlier: We had made a mistake by letting the woman who made up the last article interview us. She twisted what we said. We had made things worse instead of better. Gerard also made sure to have us mention the fact that our press agent, Nathan Broeding had nothing to do with this botched interview. We hoped that our fans would understand. We also called Nathan to apologize profusely. We sat around the kitchen table with the speakerphone on.

"Nate, I never should have made a move without you, I just wasn't thinking, I was being hot-headed." Gerard said.

"This is why you have a press agent! Next time something to do with the press or something that could be leaked to the press happens, you call me!" Nate's voice said, exasperated.

"I should have known about that car accident immediately. We could have avoided this mess. And don't ever, ever, EVER set up an interview with someone without consulting me! Especially when you know the reporter is a lying bitch on wheels!" he continued.

"I know, I know. We're so sorry. We can't apologize enough. Man, if only hindsight could come before..." muttered Gee. He was stressed out and really not thinking straight.

"Um, then it'd be foresight, dumbass," Mikey said.

Nate laughed, "You guys actually could've done a lot worse. And you can stop apologizing, you're still my clients. I just saw the message you posted on the site. Thanks for not incriminating me. But while we're on the subject: don't write your own updates either, let me and the site manager deal with that. Jesus."

"Thank you!" the five of us said in unison towards the phone.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Things were so much easier when I could just shrug and say that you were all drunk... b-b-but stay sober now, that's good. Sober is good." he sighed again and hung up.

Frank giggled, "Man, he would make a shitty A.A. sponsor." We all laughed.

*Nathan Broeding's POV*

I waited as the line rang. A woman picked up.

"People Magazine, how may I help you?" she asked.

"I need to speak to Tobias Andrews, the Editor-in-Chief. I'm the press agent for My Chemical Romance." I said.

"Oh. Uh, one minute please," the receptionist said. After a moment Andrews answered the phone.

"Mr. Andrews?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied.

"I'm Nathan Broeding, for My Chemical Romance." I said.

"I see," he said with hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Your last two issues have featured the band I represent. Both articles were filled with, well let's face it, bullshit." I told him flat-out.

"You'll find that all the reporters for People Magazine check their facts, they wouldn't even think about printing false articles."

"Isabella Fiori gave you an article with almost nothing but lies. I thought part of your job was to weed out articles that could cause problems for your magazine..." I said, my words laced with a thinly veiled threat.

"Pr-problems?" he asked, growing more nervous.

"We're planning on taking legal action, slander is a serious offense."

"We don't want any trouble. I'll take care of it. We'll print a letter of apology in the next issue and advertise it on the cover." he said quickly.

"Alright, I'll stay in touch to see that it gets done.... And about Isabella Fiori?" I asked.

Andrews answered me in one word; "Gone!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, the evil Isabella is out of a job. Mwahahaha.
~aep