Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Not Alone

*Dr. Sanchez's POV*

"You're pregnant," I told Lavender gently. She took a deep breath and tried to speak, but the words wouldn't come. I went and sat down next to her, putting my arm around her defeated form.

"It's gonna be okay, I promise you," I said softly. She shook her head sadly.

"No, it's really not. I don't know what I'm gonna do with a child," she finally muttered. I took an blank sheet of paper out of her file and wrote my number on it.

"Lavender, this is my home number. I want you to call me, if you need anything. If you just want to talk, or whatever. Okay? I know what you're going through." I said, handing her the paper.

"How could you?" she whimpered.

"Because it happened to me too."

*Ray's POV*

I held my cell in one hand and the slip of paper in the other. Come on, you like her. Call her already! I thought to myself. Finally, I dialed the number.

The message machine picked up after a few rings, "Hola, you've reached Maria, Alejandra, and Victoria Sanchez."

"Hi, Maria. It's Ray. I wanted to call to see if you wanted to get another cup of coffee or something..." I said timidly. I gave her my number and hung up. Ten minutes later the phone rang. I picked up before it could finish ringing a second time.

"Hello?" I answered quickly.

"Hi, it's Maria."

I smiled, "Hi."

"I got your message. I just got home from work. I would love to get another cup of coffee," she said.

"Great, when are you free?" I asked.

"Um, well today I have some time," she said nonchalantly.

"Me too. Haymarket again? Say five?"

"Sounds good. See you soon," she said.

At 4:30 I left the house and made my way to the cafe. I arrived at the door just as she did. I pulled it open for her. She smiled and nodded. We made our way to the same table we had sat at last time.

"What would you like?" I asked.

"Um, same as last time is fine." she said simply. I nodded and went off to buy the coffees. When I came back she was doodling on a napkin. I placed her coffee mug in front of her.

"Gerard really likes to draw. Before we started up the band he worked for Cartoon Network." I said taking a look at the napkin. It was an eye, beautifully drawn.

"That's really pretty," I told her.

"Thanks. So, what kind of music do you guys play?"

"Rock, it doesn't really fit into one category though. It goes all over the place." I said.

"That's cool. Do you guys play around here?" she asked.

"Um, all over. After we finish our third record, we're going to do a world tour."

"Oh, you guys are big, then." she said, slightly taken aback.

"Yeah, we're My Chemical Romance." I said. I wasn't at all offended that she didn't know us. It was actually kind of nice to see someone who didn't know or care.

"That sounds familiar, I'm gonna have to go to the record store and check you guys out." she smiled and took a sip of her coffee.

"What's your part in the band?" she asked.

"Lead guitarist and backup vocals. But, um, enough about me. Tell me something about you." I told her.

"Uh, well. I live with my sister, Alejandra, and my daughter, Victoria." she said, clearly looking for some kind of negative reaction.

"How old is Victoria?" I asked.

"Four years old," she said. She smiled slightly, probably because I didn't have a heart attack over the news of her child.

"Okay, what else?" I asked, wanting to know more.

"I've been a doctor for two years now. My hours are crazy but I love helping people. Plus Alejandra helps out a lot with Victoria. She's like her second mother."

"That's wonderful." I said. Maria nodded. We continued talking and telling each other bits and pieces about ourselves. Before we knew it, it was almost eight o'clock.

"I have to run again. I told Alejandra that I'd be home before eight." she told me.

I stood up with her. We hugged briefly and she walked out the door. I grabbed the napkin she had drawn on and left as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no clue what I'm gonna have Lavender do, so don't bother asking yet. But comments and criticisms are still much appreciated!
~aep