Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Feisty

*Lavender's POV*

"Katie!" I screamed out to her from my bed. I heard her rustling as she got off of the couch to come to me.

The door flew open, "What's wrong?"

"I think I'm going into labor." I whimpered as pain shot through my body. Her eyes widened and she rushed over to me.

"Okay, lemme help you up. I'm gonna get you to the hospital."

*Gerard's POV*

4:19 AM. It was too early for anybody to be calling but I still picked it up. " 'Lo?" I asked groggily.

"It's Katie, Lavender's having the baby and she wants you here."

I bolted upright. "I'll be there soon." I hung up and shook Frank awake.

"Hm? No... the monkeys are mean --"

"Frank, wake up!" I continued to shake him.

"Wha--? I'm up. What's going on?" he asked as he rubbed at his eyes.

"Lavender's giving birth. We gotta go," I said as I hopped out of bed and threw some jeans on.

"Oh shit!" Frank exclaimed and quickly jumped out of bed too. We ran to the car and I drove like a maniac to get to the hospital.

"Lavender Charles, she's having a baby --?" I asked quickly. The nurse at the desk glanced at the computer screen.

"207, second floor." I nodded and ran for the elevator, Frank at my heels. I pounded the button. The doors finally opened to reveal Katie standing inside.

"Hi! She's upstairs, I'll be up in a minute," she said as we hurtled inside.

"Thanks for coming," Lavender said meekly when Frank and I entered the room. I glanced around. She was alone in the room.

"Shouldn't you have a doctor or something --?" I asked. She shook her head.

"The doctor was in a minute ago to check on the contractions. And a nurse comes in like every five minutes, so I'm good. Katie'll be back in a second too."

"Yeah, we just saw her on the elevator," Frank said. Lavender winced and clutched her stomach.

"Contraction?" I asked quickly, walking over to the bed.

"No -- a kick; feisty little kid."

"C-Can I feel?" Frank asked timidly. Lavender smiled and nodded. He trotted over excitedly and gently placed a hand on her belly.

"Can I?" I asked. She nodded again. I placed my hand alongside Frankie's as we felt a little thump. "Was that a kick?" I asked, looking up at Lavender.

"Yup," she said simply just as Katie walked into the room.

"Everything okay?" she asked, as she looked quizzically at us, huddled around her sister with her hands on her stomach.

"Yeah, the baby just kicked," I said. "Have you got a name picked out?"

Lavender smiled, a smile that made her glow, "Faith."
♠ ♠ ♠
Computer's back up! Comments!
~aep