Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Realization

*Frank's POV*

A few minutes after Emma walked out of the room the doctor arrived. He was tall and beginning to bald, with watery green eyes.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Wilkins," he began in a very cold and proper way, "Mr. Ih- Iero?" he attempted to pronounce my name.

"Iero." Gerard corrected. My stomach did a little flip-flop. There was something so sweet about Gerard telling the doctor how to say my name.... Wilkins nodded and continued.

"You were lucky to be found, another half-hour or so and you probably would have bled to death. But as far as the damage you've sustained goes, you got off fairly easy. The bones in your legs have been fractured in six places. We've set the bones and put your legs in casts. You've also suffered a concussion, mild though. But that's not what I'm really worried about; when the car was totaled your airbags didn't deploy immediately so the steering wheel smashed into your liver. We did what we could in the ER. We're still not sure how extensive the damage is so we're going to monitor you. You'll have to stay here for at least a week." he said in a monotone.

"Uh huh.." I said slowly. "Well, I'm alive, so things are pretty good, right?" The doctor nodded in an unconvincing way and left the room. We all stared after him.

"Crap..." the five of us said in unison. I burst out laughing. Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Bob looked at me quizzically.

"I love you guys!" I told them serenely.

"I think it's the morphine talking." Bob whispered. I began to laugh again. I realized it probably was, I saw the IV in my arm slowly dripping clear liquid into my bloodstream.

"Thank God for modern medicine!" I giggled and promptly fell asleep.

Can you guess what I dreamed about?

*Ray's POV*

After standing around waiting for Frank to wake up for an hour we decided to leave. We left a note on his blanket and were all set to go when Gerard decided to stay a bit longer.

"You guys go on ahead," he said quietly. He threw the car keys to Mikey and waved goodbye.

Mikey, Bob, and I drove to my place and decided to try to get through to Frankie's family again. After at least ten more attempts we were still unsuccessful so we gave it a rest. We spent the rest of the evening in relative silence, flipping through random television channels and worrying about our friend.

*Gerard's POV*

He looked so peaceful, lying there. Beautiful despite all the bruises that covered his face.

"You have to be okay." I whispered to him. He stirred a little in his sleep.

"Mmm, Gee..." he muttered. I stared as his lips curved into a small smile. Why was I staring at his lips in the first place? I tore my eyes away (with difficulty).

"I love you," he whispered. I spun around and looked at Frank again. He was still asleep. He couldn't be dreaming of me, could he? I took a deep breath and tried to relax. Just as I had convinced myself that he must be thinking of one of his exes his eyes popped open and he gasped my name. "Gerard!" Our eyes met. We bore into each other for what seemed like hours when finally, he broke the silence.

"Y-you're here." he said in awe.

"Um, yeah..." I couldn't think of anything to say so I just shut up.

"Where's everybody else?" he asked tentatively.

"H-home. I decided to stay, for a little while longer..." I muttered.

"How long?" he asked, barely audibly.

"A few hours..." I swallowed.

"Why?"

Why did I stay? I could have gone home with the guys. We all knew he wouldn't wake up for a while, we left him a note, he would've been fine. And yet, I had stayed, for some inexplicable reason, I was drawn to him. I blinked and looked away.

"I figured someone should stay... for when you woke up." I said lamely.

"Why you?" he asked.

Again, a question I had no answer to.

"I care about you -- you're my friend." I said quickly. He gave me an inquiring look.

"Gee, I need to tell you something... What I was going to tell you before I landed myself here." I could tell he was struggling to figure out how to say this.

"Gee, I - I love you."

And in that second, I realized something. I realized why my time with Lavender had been meaningless.

I loved Frank, with all my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! Now we can get the show on the road! Keep reading. I'll have more soon.
~aep