Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

One Rose, Two Cheeseburgers

*Ray's POV*

The guys had crashed at my house for the night. I looked around to see them sprawled all over my living room. I had fallen asleep in the middle of the room with a random couch pillow under my head. Gerard was lying on the couch, slowly falling off; his right arm and leg were dangling off the side as he snored quietly. But what entertained me most was Bob sleeping in a sitting position at the foot of an armchair, with Mikey curled up in his lap like a little boy at bedtime. I smiled looking around at my friends when the phone rang, shrill this early in the morning (about half-past eight). I scrambled out into the hall to get it before it could wake the guys up.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver, slightly out of breath.

"Hello. Is that you, Ray?" an older woman's voice asked. I recognized the voice, it was Frank's mother, Linda.

"Yes," I said.

"Is Frankie okay?" she asked quickly.

"He's gonna be fine. He's staying at St. Anne's for observation. The only thing the doctors are worried about is some possible liver damage. He has some fractures and a concussion too. It doesn't seem too bad though, considering the damage the car sustained." I filled her in.

"I was out of town. I'm so sorry, I saw all the messages you boys left. Thank you so much. I'm going to go see him. St. Anne's, you said?"

"Yeah. Oh, we couldn't find his dad's number, could you --" I began.

"I'll take care of it. Thank you, Ray."

"Of course. We'll probably see you around at the hospital. Bye."

"Bye, Dear."

I hung up. I could hear movement in the living room, I headed back in.

"Morning," I greeted them. They mumbled in response.

"I need to go shopping soon. I've basically got bottles of water, a box of Cheerios, and some Orbit gum."

"Sounds good right about now." Gee said.

Mikey and Bob nodded in agreement. I noticed they were now on opposite ends of the room. I suppressed a chuckle. I walked into the kitchen to retrieve a few bottles of water and the Cheerios box. We drank from the small water bottles and passed around the box as we made plans for the day.

"We should probably go see Frank in the afternoon. His mom just called. She's going to visit. I figured they should have some time alone." I told them.

"Okay, so why don't we visit him around one?" Bob suggested.

Gerard spit out his mouthful of water. We all stared at him.

"W-went down the wrong way... Anyway, I think we should go around three, maybe four. Cause when his dad shows up they should have some time t-too." he sputtered.

"We don't even know if his dad will come today. Going earlier would be bet--" Gerard cut Mikey off:

"No, later's better, he'll probably be asleep half the day, anyway."

Bob shrugged in his usual noncommittal way, "Whatever, as long as we get to spend time with him."

"Good, we'll go at four, then. I'll meet you guys there." Gee said firmly.

I watched him intently, something was up. I looked at Bob and Mikey, they sensed it too. But for now, we kept our mouths shut.

*Frank's POV*

I watched as my mother walked out of the room, just in time, it was 12:57 according to the giant clock ticking away on the wall in front of me. When I was sure my mom was out of earshot I grabbed the phone and dialed Gee's cell number, I knew it by heart.

"Hey," he answered.

"Hi Gee, you still coming at one today? I just wanted to make sure. And I'm not normally this cling-y, it's just when you're stuck in a hospital bed for hours on end you start to obsess." I blurted out. I heard him laugh, he had such a wonderful laugh....

"Yeah, no worries. I'll be there soon. Bye."

"Kay, see you soon."

*Gerard's POV*

I walked into 419 with a brown bag in one hand and a red rose in the other. I swooped it from behind my back and presented it to Frankie.

"Here you are, Monsieur," I said with a French accent. His gift to me was an ear-to-ear grin (which I thought was better than the rose).

"Thank you!" he said happily.

"Lemme put it in water." I grabbed a plastic drinking cup from the table next to his bed and filled it with tap water from the bathroom sink. I then plopped the rose in the cup.

"Real classy, Frenchie." he smirked. I nodded with a smile.

"What's in the bag, Gee?" he asked. I withdrew two wrapped cheeseburgers from the diner we ate at with the guys every once in a while.

"Seeing as you abandoned that burger the other day..." I handed him one. He licked his lips.

"Thank God. The food here is like.. well, hospital food.. It sucks." He unwrapped the cheeseburger and took a huge bite. I followed suit.

We laughed and talked, and before we knew it, 4 o'clock had rolled around.

"Shit, the guys will be here any minute." I grabbed the wrappers and the bag and stuffed them to the bottom of the little plastic trash can by the door. Then I ran back to my seat.

A second later Bob, Ray, and Mikey arrived.

"Hey, I just got here a few minutes ago." I greeted them. Frank waved at them, a huge smile on his face. I couldn't help but smile too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, L'Amour!
But things can't get too slow... I must keep things interesting, who will my next victim be? Mwahahaha!!!
~aep