Status: Running Very Slowly

Testing the Water

Five.

"Hello?" Finally the ringing ceased .
"Britt, you freak! I've called like...ten times,But I guess you were a bit busy" I had that suggestive tone in my voice, "Kris over I'm expecting."
She laughed, "Yeah...he is. But anyways..." Attempt to change the subject right there... "Why you calling?"
"Well..I wanted to tell you...Tyler asked me out!" I exclaimed.
"Seriously!?" I could bet ten bucks she forgot Kris was even there, "About time! He's liked you for months now, eh?"
I nodded despite the fact she couldn't see me. Realizing this I caught myself, "Yeah..." I laughed, "I know that now."
"So," She prodded, "When's the first date?"
"We were thinking of going on a double-date. And before you ask 'With who!?!' we were wondering if you and Kris would like to accompany us."
I heard muffled speaking before a certain reply, "Totally. We're in."
"Great!" I smiled. "Ty said he'd call me and you guys later. Alright? And I gotta go, Sid is being a pest."
She let out a small laugh, "Kay. Talk to you later."
"Bye." I smiled and clicked the phone off.

I turned my attention over to Sid, "So now what did you want?" I laughed.
"Eh, nothing really. Just wanted to remind you about the game tonight."
I nodded, "Would not have forgot that Sid, but thanks anyways." I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

That night....

"Hey, I'll see you later okay?" Sid gave me a hug as he walked towards the player entrance as I went through the main.
"See ya."

I took a deep breath of the sweet scent of the surroundings. It was a chilly sent of sweets. I walked towards a concession stand, waiting for a good ten minutes before I got to the front of the line. Glancing up at the menu above, I ordered..."Regular popcorn...extra butter please?" I looked ahead at the person working only to notice it was Lydia. "Oh hey Lyd." Her mood seemed cold, and I was fairly clear as to why. "I'm guessing you heard...?"

"Heard what I wonder Nicki!? Maybe that you got together with the guy you were trying to set me up with like tow days before?" My head dropped to the floor, "I'm sorry. I really didn't know he felt like that...and hell! I didn't even know I felt like that. I didn't mean to hurt you, and neither did he."

She just ignored my apology, "$4.50." I handed her the money, "Have fun watching the game." Her sarcastic tone sent a shiver right under my skin.

I walked away from the stand quickly and over towards the numbered entrance.

Britt was busy tonight and no one else was able to come...since well they were all playing. So I was here alone. Well not really alone, since the boys were just a rock throw away.

I sat leaned back in my seat and watched the warm-up. As the warm-up came to a closing, a felt someone come up beside me. I looked over to see Brooks Orpik standing above me, with a Pens hat on...apparently trying not to get "over" noticed.

"Brooksie, what'cha doing down here?" He sat down in the empty seat beside me.
"Hurt my arm in practice the other day." A small pout came to his face, "I shouldn't be out too long though. And I saw that you were all alone down here so I decided to join you." He gave me a smile.
"Well that's sweet of you," I gave him a grin, "But the arm thing sucks."
He nodded, "Yeah, but eh? What can I do?" There was a short pause before he spoke again, "I heard about you and Tyler by the way."
I let out a small laugh, "Doesn't surprise me..seems like everyone knows. But of course, you guys in the dressing room and worse than a bunch of high school girls."
He laughed aswell, "We're not that bad."
"Whatever you say." Our conversation quieted as the national anthem started.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring. Boring. Boring.
I admit it, I have a bad case of writer's block.
That's why it's took so long for this chapter, sorry!

Comment pretty please?
What do you want to happen?
Ideas are totally welcome.