Status: Active

Totally Not Average

The Effects

“So, I heard you two are officially a couple now.” Tricia informed me during lunch. Sage was in the line with Zach and Trish was here with me. Now that the two lovebirds had everything sorted out; nobody hated anybody anymore. But Trish still didn’t like Alex that much.

I shrugged, “I guess, I don’t really know.” I admitted, taking a drink of my water.

The news that Alex and I had been seen kissing after first period spread rapidly, like gasoline on a flame.

“Why don’t you ask him now?” Trish pointed to somewhere behind me and I turned around, my eyes meeting Alex’s.

He sat down on the chair next to me, a signature smirk on his face.

“I told you so.” I muttered childishly.

“Yeah, you told me.” He grinned, “More like showed.”

“Well, at least I got my point across.”

“Much better than I expected.” He commented, smirking again.

“This is why you don’t make assumptions.” I pointed a finger at him.

“That was a compliment.” Alex defended.

I rolled my eyes, “It was a compliment backed up with an insult, smart ass.”

“So now you’re calling me names?” He played the victim, and I had to laugh.

“I have to, or else you don’t listen!” I exclaimed, smiling like crazy.

“I’m listening, Mandy.” He raised his eyebrows, challenging me.

“But you’re not absorbing the information; it’s two different things.” I pointed out.

“Stop making this so complicated!” I waved a hand to dismiss my point.

“I’m not making anything complicated.” I crossed my arms over my chest.

Trish stared at us, her mouth gaping open.

“What?” Alex and I asked at the same time.

“You guys fight more than a married couple, and it’s very annoying.” Tricia sniffed.

I laughed, “We’ve been told.”

“Are you guys a couple or not?” Trish asked, much to my embarrassment.

I blushed, but didn’t say anything because I had no clue myself. Alex looked at me and draped an arm around my shoulders, then kissed me on the cheek. Shivers went down my spine, followed by a flow of heat to my cheeks.

“I guess we are.” He murmured against my skin.

Little did he know, this connection was much stronger than we both expected.

---
The school bell rang and everyone shuffled out of the classroom, eager to get home after a day of school. From my locker, I grabbed my books and my backpack, and then went over to where Trish was.

“I need you to do me a favor.” I told her.

Trish looked at me with skeptical eyes, “Which is?”

I bit my lip, “My dad won’t let me go anywhere unless it’s for school, and he most definitely won’t let me see Alex. So… Can you tell my Dad we have to work on a project so I can hang out with him?”

“Hmmm,” She sighed, “Well, I can’t see why not. And it’s great that you’re finally losing this ‘good girl’ status of yours; it always irritated me.” She smiled, “As long as we hang out a little bit first, you are free to see Alex.”

I beamed and hugged my best friend, “You are awesome!” I said stupidly.

“I know.” She laughed and we walked outside together.

Dad was waiting right in front of the school, the SUV idling next to the curb. We walked up to the car and Dad looked at us with raised eyebrows.

I opened my mouth to say something but Trish cut me off.

“Mr. Collins, Amanda and I have a project to work on for school, and the proper resources are at my house, can she come over?” This was Tricia’s perfected voice; the one especially for parents and teachers.

Dad smiled, “Sure thing, just have her home by ten.”

Tricia smiled, “Okay.”

He got into his car and drove away, while a stupid smile was plastered on my face. As soon as my Dad’s car was out of sight, I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist from behind me.

I giggled, “Hey Alex.”

He kissed my cheek, making butterflies flutter violently in my stomach.

“Are we hanging out tonight?” He asked, his breath tickling my ear.

“Yeah, we are.” I spun around in his arms, facing him.

“What time?” He raised his eyebrows.

I brushed back his brown hair without hesitation and stared into his gorgeous brown eyes.

“Amanda!” Trish called, putting her hands on her hips, “Let’s go!”

“I’m coming, but what time should I meet up with him?” I tore my icy blue eyes away from Alex’s eyes and to Trish.

She shrugged, “Um, six, probably?”

I nodded, and then turned back to Alex, “Six it is. At the mall.”

“You got it, Mandy.” His arms around me were tighter than ever, “I’ll meet you at the food court.”

His eyes were hypnotizing me, and I didn’t want to leave, not now and not ever. They were so dark, so deep, and so full of secrets and memories that I would never know. But I wanted to know; did that count for something?

“Bye.” I whispered, but I didn’t make any move to leave.

“Come on, lovebirds!” Trish complained.

I laughed, “I’m coming, I’m coming.”

“Go.” Alex told me, but before I could leave, he crashed his lips down to mine; surprising me.

I wrapped my own arms around him and brought him closer and closer, never wanting to let go. This was just like the first kiss, just as raw and full of emotion.

He pulled away and smiled at me, looking just as breathless as I felt. I nodded, “Bye.” I breathed.

Alex’s arms around me disappeared and I turned away walking towards Trish. Before I could leave though, I looked back at him and smiled.

Does he realize how much effect he has on me?
♠ ♠ ♠
For Albany; who's cursed with the same cold as I amm (: