Status: Active

Totally Not Average

Not Letting Go

I was late to class, duh, but the weird thing was; everyone was staring at me. I didn’t know why, and it was starting to bother me. At lunch, I reached my limit.

“Why in the hell is everyone staring at me?” I exclaimed, venting my feelings to Tricia.

She pursed her lips in thought, taking her sweet time to answer, “Maybe, it’s because there’s this new rumor saying that you’re cheating on Zach with Alex.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “What? No, of course not.”

“Are you denying there’s a rumor, or denying the subject of the rumor?” Trish examined her nails.

“I’m denying the subject of the rumor.” I narrowed my eyes, “Since when is there a rumor about that?”

Trish laughed, “Since everyone saw you faint into Alex’s arms yesterday.”

I groaned and put my head in my hands, “Oh, no.”

“So tell me,” She put her hand down and looked at me with bright eyes, “Is Alex really that strong?”

I gave her a look that said she was totally not helping. A look that she completely ignored.

“Fine, don’t tell me. Just remember this when you hear a rumor that you hold Alex’s baby.” Tricia sniffed.

“You would really say that?” I doubted her.

She looked into my eyes, and I saw that she was dead serious, “Try me, Amanda.”

I sighed, “Yes, yes, he is strong, dreamy, and maybe even hot.” I admitted, feeling shocked to realize that this was the truth.

“Who’s strong, dreamy, and hot?” Alex’s voice came from behind me.

I blushed deep red; of course he would hear that. Now what should I say back? My mind was frozen beyond repair and Trish was giggling like mad.

“No one, just you.” She told him, smirking at me.

I glared at her, and felt my heart thump louder in my chest as he sat down next to me, smirking as well.

“Now, don’t tell me you’re crushin’ on me.” Alex cocked his head to the side, clearly teasing me.

“Not funny.” Was all I said, hoping my cheeks weren’t blazing red.

“Really?” Alex chuckled, “I find it hilarious.”

I sighed, “Ignore Tricia and her tendency to make up lies.” I shot her another glare.

“Psh, don’t blame me, those words came from your mouth, not mine.” Trish defended.

I rolled my eyes, “You’re so quick to sell your best friend out.”

“Like you’re one to talk.” She shot back.

I laughed, “Yeah, yeah, Trish.”

She sniffed, “I think Sage is calling me.” She said, and got up, grabbing her lunch and leaving.

“Oh, God, my friends hate me.” I moaned, putting my head in my hands.

“They don’t hate you.” Alex muttered, looking uncomfortable in this situation. “Sage is just jealous because you’re ‘dating’ Zach and Trish is jealous because you’re spending so much time with me.”

“Why would she be jealous of me spending time with you?” I asked, the question coming out much harsher than I planned.

“Because to some people I actually am strong, dreamy, and hot.” He pointed out, grinning at me.

“Those people must be delusional.” I joked, smirking.

“That’s nice; make your only friend hate you.” He teased.

“Who said we’re friends?” I laughed.

“I see how it is.” He mocked, getting up, and picking up his stuff.

Unconsciously, I put my hand on his arm, stopping him from leaving. Our eyes met and I felt a shiver pass through me. It was like this all the time; our eyes would meet or our skin would come into contact and I would feel this jolt through me.

I gazed into his dark brown eyes, feeling as lost as ever. What has gotten into me? I didn’t know what, but maybe; just maybe, it wasn’t as bad as we thought.

Without thinking—I seem to be doing a lot of things without thinking lately—my hand slid down his arm until our fingers intertwined together.

I wasn’t going to let go of him just yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ya like?

So comment and subscribe! (:

Julie.