Status: Hiatus Indefinitely.

All The Things She Does Make It Seem Like Love.

The Limit

"What the fuck is going on here?" Sarah's voice was colder than ice.

My eyes slowly peeled open and I assessed my position. I was laying with my head on John's chest and I could feel the pound of his heart in my ear. One of John's hands' was on the small of my back, only two inches away from being extremely inappropriate. My arm was wrapped around his torso for some reason, and let's not forget, I was half on top of John, half on the couch since it was so damn small.

"Valencia Ann Hastings, what the fuck are you doing?" Sarah was on the verge of shrieking, and my hangover really wasn't appreciating it.

"Hmm." John mumbled, moving his head to the side so that his hair fell in his eyes. I had the strangest urge to push his hair out of the way, but instead I just clenched my hands into fists.

"Val!" She snapped.

I turned my head to face her and pursed my lips. "Now, my dear Sarah, what does it look like?"

"Don't get sassy with me." She glared. "It looks like something that shouldn't have happened last night, happened."

"Well, if you're talking about how this boy here," I slapped his chest to wake him up. "isn't supposed to be in this couch, let alone this house, then yes, you're right."

She opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off by pressing my lips to John's ear and..."Get the fuck up!" I shouted in his ear.

"What?!" John yelled, waking up with a start.

I laughed at his face--lost and sleepy and confused all at the same time; his blue eyes looking so desperate. "Sarah here, wants to know if we did anything that shouldn't have happened last night." I said mockingly.

John smirked. "I guess we should tell her the truth then."

I winked at him. "You do the honors."

"Sarah," He said softly, looking at her. She would've basically died there if she wasn't so mad. "I slept over and was forced to watch Supernatural and grab my own beer from the refrigerator. Then I was tortured by this devil over here," He shot me a grin, one that I ignored, "and I guess we fell asleep...she might've drugged me."

I rolled my eyes and got up from my spot, sitting on John for only a second before lifting myself off of the couch. I ran a hand through my messy brown-ish blond-ish hair and tugged on the hem of my long shirt.

"He stayed over because he was drunk. I was watching my Supernatural and I fell asleep here by accident." I shot her a look of exasperation. "Are you happy now?"

Sarah looked at John, then at me. She sniffed and headed back to her room and slammed the door closed, obviously not happy.

"Wait! I'm not done with you!" I called after her. "Why didn't you tell me that--" I broke off when I noticed that John was staring at me.

"Why didn't she tell you what?" John asked suspsciously, getting up from the couch and walking over to the kitchen.

"Who said you could waltz into my kitchen and take anything you want?" I changed the subject.

"You're changing to subject." He noted.

"Wow, and here I thought you were dumb." I mocked.

"You know, you could be nice for once, it wouldn't hurt." John grabbed a soda from the refrigerator and popped the top.

"And you could learn to respect other's space." I grabbed the soda from his hands and took a drink.

"Aw, are you going to cry?" John smirked.

I leaned up on my tiptoes, my face extremely close to his. I didn't forget that kiss, if anything, it was burned onto my mind. His breath fanned my face and I looked into his blue eyes, concentrating on anything but the way his eyes captivated me.

"I don't cry." I stated and I put the drink in his hands and turned around, heading to my room.

After I took a quick shower and changed into fresher clothes, I found John, in the doorway, putting on his converse.

"Were you going to leave without saying goodbye?" I asked jokingly, putting my hands on my hips.

"God, you are so bipolar. First you want me out of your house, and now you want a 'goodbye'?" He rolled his eyes. "Make up your mind."

I shot him a dry look. "Have you ever heard of such a thing called a joke, John?"

"Have you heard of manners?" He shot back childishly.

"Whatever. I just need you to give me a ride to Garrett's. I want to say 'bye' before he leaves." I went over to the door and slipped on the sandals I had left by the door. I was wearing some denim bermuda shorts and a brown tank top that matched the bronze sandals I had put on.

"You know Garrett isn't leaving for another...I don't know, six days?" John muttered.

"He isn't leaving Arizona, but today he's leaving for Tempe or Gilbert; I forgot." I pointed out.

"Tempe. We're all going to Tempe. Garrett's staying in Tempe for a few days, then he's going to Gilbert to his ma." John opened the door of the house and held it open for me.

"Sarah! I'm leaving! Try not to miss me!" I yelled as I walked out the door.

He shut it behind me and I headed down the stairs, taking two at a time for some unknown reason.

"What's the rush?" John chuckled.

"I..." I thought about it. "I had to get away from Sarah. She's so..." I struggled for words as I headed out of the staircase and into the hot Arizona sun.

"Needy? Emotional? Delusional?" John offered.

A laugh bubbled out of my lips as I opened my car and got in. John got in on the passenger side, not even complaining this time.

"I was going to say angry, but that works too." I put the key in the ignition and turned on the car.

"I have never seen a fan girl acting like such a...." He pursed his lips, clearly thinking of what to say next.

"Fan girl?" I smiled at the look he gave me.

"Not funny." He muttered.,

"Oh, I find it hilarious, Johnny." I backed out of the parking space and turned the wheel so I was facing the street.

"Do you even know where you're going?" John asked, raising his eyebrows.

"No..." I bit my lip as I squinted my eyes in the bright sun. This was why I hated driving in Arizona sometimes; the sun always got in your eyes.

"Get on the high way, head east." He instructed.

"You know, that's not very helpful." I mumbled, turning a right to get on to the high way.

"I wouldn't be complaining since you dubbed me 'Johnny'." He rolled his eyes and leaned against the seat, propping his feet up on the dashboard.

"You're name is 'John', hence the 'John-ny' part." I flipped on the left turn signal and changed lanes, stepping on the brakes when a reckless driver sped up when I was turning.

"Fuck." I muttered, flipped off the driver as he passed by.

"Oh great, I'm stuck int he car of a bad driver. I can see this was a death wish." John grimaced.

"Shut the hell up." I snapped; I hated it when people insulted my driving. I drived just fine, it was the people around me who didn't know how to drive.

"Touchy, now, aren't we?" He prodded.

Instead of answering, I turned on the stereo and flipped the volume up, hoping to drown out anything John would say. On the radio, Cartel's 'The Perfect Mistake' was playing. I sang softly along to the lyrics.

I'm the perfect mistake I'm hoping you'll make right now.

"Cartel fan?" John raised an eyebrow, looking skeptical.

I looked over at him for a brief second before putting the volume louder, hoping he would get the message and shut up.

I pressed on the gas a bit more, speeding up to seventy miles an hour. John squirmed in his seat, clearly uncomfortable. My car was both automatic and manual, so smirking, I put my hand on the clutch that was in between the seats and with a flick of my wrist, the car was on manual.

At first the car slowed down, surprised with the sudden change. I pressed the clutch forward, switching the gear to second.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" John exclaimed, looking panicked.

I smirked. "Driving. What does it look like I'm doing?" Third gear, fifty miles an hour.

"Manual?! You can't drive manual!"

A hysterical laugh escaped my lips. "Well, it sure looks like I'm driving manual." Another gear, another added twenty miles per hour.

"You're at seventy miles an hour, Val, slow down." His voice slightly wavered.

I looked at John once then sighed. I pressed slowly on the brakes while at the same time lessening the gears.

All at once, my car sputtered while another speeding car changed lanes and was driving behind me. A flicker of worry sparked in me, and I switched the car to automatic, pressing on the gas so the car behind me wouldn't hit my bumper.

The sputtering in my car got louder and louder and the car got slower and slower while I tried desperately to make it go faster.

"What's happening?" John asked, looking at me and then at the car behind us.

"I have no fucking clue." I murmured.

My car halted to a stop and the car behind me crashed into my bumper. My body flew foward and my forehead came in contact with the steering wheel.

I let out a deep breathe as I rested my aching forehead on the wheel. Car. Hit. John. My thoughts were frantic because never in all my years of driving had I gotten in an accident. Well, that was now down the drain. I took off my seat belt, my arms aching. I slowly got out of the car and assessing all my bodily injuries, I breathed a sigh of relief. I wasn't majorly hurt.

John, though, I from. I leaned over and looked into the car, spying John with his hand on his cheek, muttering something.

"John? Are you alive?" I asked, frowning when he didn't answer.

Insetad, he got out of the car and faced me with a glare. "Never again are you driving!" He shouted. "You are the most reckless driver I have ever seen! Not only did you almost crash us, then sped up the car and drove in manual you ended up destroying the car and crashing into another car!"

"Will you shut up already?!" I shook my head and looked at my car, whose rear end was crushed. The driver of the car got out, looking pissed. Great; I was going to have to deal with two angry people in my ear.

"Do you realize that you destroyed my car?" the other driver yelled. "What in the world were you thinking?" He was tall, with blonde hair and maddened brown eyes, his face tan and red in the sun.

I rolled my eyes and turned to John. "Can you call Garrett or someone?" I asked him.

"Ho-oh, no." The reckless driver narrowed his eyes. "You are calling a tow company and then your insurance, and then you're going to pay for my damages because you caused this accident."

I took a step towards him, looking, I hope, relaxed. "I don't think I'm going to do anything, because if you didn't notice, you were speeding." I pointed out.

"Run down cars shouldn't be allowed on the high way." He spat. His attitude was really getting on my nerves.

"Unfortunately, they are. So build a bridge and get over it."

"I wouldn't be talking so much, missy. I'm calling my lawyer after this and hopefully, I'll get your dirty, slutty ass in jail."

"Why don't you just shove--" I was about to say very impolite things when John cut me off and stepped in between me and the guy.

"I don't think name calling is necessary." John said firmly, towering over the guy. Ha, I forgot John was so tall.

"This slut over here, damaged my brand new BMW." He was really rude.

"Maybe new cars shoudln't be allowed on high ways." I shot back in his face.

The guy opened his mouth to say something but John cut me off. "Val, really?"

"What?" I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest.

John rolled his eyes and looked over at the other guy. "I think we can work something out."

"No. I want money to fix what that bitch did." The guy glared at me.

You should've seen the face John made. His eyes, usually calm or playful, flashed dangerously and his lips twisted into a scowl. I put my hand on his shoulder, hoping to do something; anything. Instead, John punched out the guy.

Oh, things just got a hell of a lot better.
♠ ♠ ♠
HUGE chapter, huh?
I thought I owed it to you guys.

So how about some comments? That would be swell!

Shameless.