Status: Hiatus, for a while.

Shining Through the Shadow of a Star

Lauren's POV

The Jonas Brothers and Jordin had to go back to the studio to do some last minute changes to what they recorded, and I decided to go with them. "Wait, you guys. Can I come?" I had asked.

Nick and Joe both muttered 'sure' and Kevin swung his arm around my shoulder, bringing me in front of him. He lead me to where they were all going; where he had parked the car before when we came earlier. He opened the passenger seat, and I went to sit in the backseat, thinking he was going to sit in the front and that Joe or Nick would be driving. But I was surprised when he gripped my waist and brought me closer until I was in front of the door he opened. I took this as a sign that he wanted me to sit in that seat. He went the other way and got in the driver's seat, leaving his brothers, his mum and Jordin clamped in the back.

I think I heard Denise mutter something but I shook it off because I wasn’t too sure about it.
I know I shouldn’t have acted this way with Kevin in front of everyone because they still don’t know about us and I don’t think Kevin is ready to tell them. Although I think that Jordan and Claire were starting to figure it out by the looks they were giving me when we were still in the hospital; their looks said 'we have to talk'.

"Lauren, my mother is talking to you." Kevin told me. I had been too absorbed in my thoughts that I didn’t know what was going around me and if there was someone that was talking to me.

"Uh, sorry Mrs. Jonas, I was out of it." I said awkwardly.

"Call me Denise. And I was asking you if you would like to stay with me when the boys and Jordin go to the studio; I'm going to the mall with Frankie so he could get some new stuff." She told me.

I smiled at her warmly. I couldn’t decline her but I wanted to hang out with Kevin, and that was the only reason why I didn’t stay with Claire, Jordan and Mary at the hospital. What can I tell them? "Uh, maybe another time ma'am… you guys go have fun. I don’t want to bother you." I said with my hand rubbing my neck.
Kevin, who turned to me, obviously saw this. "Mom, I don’t think Frankie would like it. You know how he can get around girls he doesn’t know."

Denise just sat back and shrugged. She wasn’t that moved about my response. I hope I didn’t offend her.

We arrived at the guys' house and Denise got out of the car. "Does any of you need anything from the mall?" she asked one last time.

A few 'no' and 'thank you' were heard from the backseat and from Kevin. Denise shut the door of the car and went inside. Soon after, Kevin started the car again and drove off.

"So, this is going to be a kickass tour like the one before, right guys?" Kevin cheered. He was too happy for a guy who had just discovered that his wife was lying to him all the time earlier this morning… And definitely happier than a guy who decided to file for divorce should be.

We arrived shortly after, seeing as their house is really close to the studio they record in, it seemed.

"Boys, I'm glad you decided to finally show up." Simon said as soon as we came out of the door.

"Have a seat, boys; we have lots of planning to do." Mr. Jonas instructed. Once everyone was sitting, except for me because there wasn’t enough chairs, he started talking again. "So, firstly, we're only taking two buses this year. One for the staff and when for you guys to stay in. I will stay with the staff, but that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t be checking on you."

"Um, that’s fine with me Mr. Jonas." Jordin said and the boys all nodded.

"Perfect. So, Jordin, you can bring someone with you if you would like it."

"Actually I was thinking about bringing my younger sister, Claire. Remember her, the one who came with us last time when we got stuck here? Yeah, but now that we will only have one bus for both bands, I'm not too sure about it fitting for all of us." She explained.

"It will fit, trust us." Simon reassured her.

"Um, dad, can I bring someone?" Kevin had asked.

I could see the look on Mr. Jonas, where it read confusion, sadness and disappointment; he wanted to do anything to make his sons happy, especially Kevin. And to him, it's like he failed that job. And he was confused as to who Kevin might want to bring with him too; after what Danielle did, there was no way he was bringing her. I was confused too. Why would he lead me on like this if he has already moved on from Danielle?

"Sure, son, but may I ask who is it?" Mr. Jonas asked.

Kevin looked towards me, where I was behind him. He stretched his arm to wrap it around my waist and pulled me closer to the front. "Lauren." He told his dad.

"Son, I know you wouldn’t choose something that’s wrong for you but are you sure? I mean haven’t you just met today?"

"We did." Kevin said and I nodded. "But dad, I really want this to work. Please."

"Sure, whatever to make you happy son," Mr. Jonas said, smiling.

Before I could hear more, my phone went off signaling that I had a message. It was from Jordan telling me that she had told Claire about her and Nick and that Claire and her were headed to meet us at the Jonas' household. I explained that we were still in the studio and that no one was there so I got a reply saying that they're coming here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this with a cast on my wrist :( you want to know why?
long story short: dont run with only socks on.
i also wrote this while packing :p