Girl Next Door

Pretending

Kylie walked down the stairs in a pair of ripped jeans, and a Atreyu band tee. She really didn't know what was going on tonight with Brian's friends, so she didn't want to over dress. She saw her brother in the living room, flipping through the channels on the television.

"You going with Brian?" Cyrus asked

"Yeah. I guess I'm his own personal DD." Kylie laughed.

"Just. . .watch him tonight, Ky." Cyrus said.

"Watch him?"

"He's going to be hanging out with the guys, and that might keep him a little calm. But I'm sure someones going to bring Jimmy up, and Brian doesn't do so good when he's brought up. He's healing slowly, but he's still in pain over it. The liquor isn't going to help."

"He's seemed better lately." Kylie said.

"I think he tries to put up a front around you." Cyrus sighed, "I think he may have a crush on you."

"Oh, I doubt that." Kylie laughed, "We've just put our differences behind us, and now we're almost like friends, I guess."

"Yeah, whatever. Keep telling yourselves that. Anyways. Have fun tonight. Your car is fixed by the way."

"Thanks, Cy."

Kylie walked over to the door and opened it up once a knocking came. Brian stood there with a smug grin across his lips. He was wearing a graphic shirt that had the word SYN across the front, and a pair of ripped jeans.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Let's go then." He smirked.

She nodded her head, and walked over to climb inside his truck. Music blared through the speakers as he started the engine but he turned it down. Kylie looked out the window as he drove down the road in silence. She really didn't know what to say. She kept thinking about what Cyrus had told her. She really didn't know how she was suppose to help Brian tonight if someone brought Jimmy up. She knew he was in pain, but what could she do to take his mind off things?

"So, how many people are going to be at this get together?" She asked, hoping to make conversation.

"Not sure." Brian said, "I'm guessing around a dozen or so."

"That's not too bad."

"Nah." Brian said.

It wasn't a long drive to Zacky's house. Brian pulled his truck into the drive way, and then groaned loudly upon seeing Michelle's car parked beside Matt's. He shook his head. He should have known she would show up. She was probably hoping that the two of them could talk and work things out.

"What's wrong?" Kylie asked, noticing Brian's uncomfortable groan.

"My ex is here." He muttered.

"Oh." She bit down on her lip, "Do you want me to call my brother to come get me?"

"What?" He asked loudly, "No way! I expect you to save me from her."

"Oh no." Kylie laughed, "I am not getting involved in your ex drama."

"Say your my girlfriend tonight." He blurted out.

"What? No way!"

"Kylie, come on! She'll just give me the cold shoulder then."

"I am not saying that I'm your girlfriend."

"Please!"

"No!"

"Come on! What will it hurt?"

"I am not pretending to be your girlfriend, Brian."

"Come on. I'll owe you."

"God! If I fucking do this--"

He smirked, "I'll owe you. I promise."

"Fine. But damn it, you better keep your hands to yourself, Haner."

He chuckled, as he climbed out of the car and followed in behind her. The two of them walked up to the door, and he placed his hand on the small of her back.

"What are you doing?" She hissed.

"Making this believable. Just play along, Ky."

"I'm going to kill you by the end of the night. You know that, right?"

"Probably." Brian laughed.

He knocked on the door, and soon a short haired blond girl with a brilliant smile opened up the door. She hugged Brian, and then told them to come inside. Brian's hand stayed on the small of Kylie's back as they walked further into the living room. Kylie looked around and saw many people sitting on the couch and standing by the walls.

"Hey Brian!" A dark haired guy with pierced lips said as he walked towards the two of them. "Whose this?"

"Zacky, this is Kylie. Ky, this is Zacky."

"Hi." She said softly.

"Oh! The girl next door, right?" Zacky asked, "Seems like you snagged her after all, Syn. Nothing to worry about."

Brian glared at Zacky, and then Kylie looked up at him with a questioning face. He just shrugged it off, and pulled her through the house to where the refreshments were. He was really hoping that Michelle didn't give him any problems tonight. Though, either way, he planned on having fun pretending to be Kylie's boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image