Girl Next Door

Pool

Kylie sat on the couch beside Brian. His arm was draped around her shoulder, while his other hand held a bottle of beer. Chatter was going on around them, though she was lost in thought. She kept thinking about what Zacky had said earlier. Seems like you snagged her after all, Syn. Nothing to worry about. What the hell was that suppose to mean? Had Brian been talking to Zack about her? She didn't know if there was some hidden meaning behind his statement or not. She planned on asking Brian, she just didn't know if tonight was a good time or not. He was already on his fourth beer, and he was showing no sign of slowing down anytime soon.

"So, Kaylie right?"

"Kylie." Kylie said, looking towards a dark haired girl.

"Sorry, I'm Lacey. I'm horrible with names." The girl laughed, "Anyways, How long have you and Brian been together?"

"Uh. . . I'm not really sure," Kylie said, "It just kind of happened, I guess."

"Oh." Lacey nodded, "Things do happen like that. Hope this isn't your first time around him drunk."

"Actually, I guess it will be." Kylie said, "I've saw him tipsy before, but not drunk."

She found it funny how Brian could be sitting directly beside her during this conversation, and not even be bothered to look her way. He was too caught up with Zacky and Matt in deep conversation. She sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. She looked over and noticed a blond was staring her down yet again. She had been giving her an evil glare all night, and Kylie assumed it was Brian's ex.

"Just a warning, he's a bit touchy feely when he's plastered." Lacey laughed, "He tells everyone he loves them."

Kylie nodded, 'Thanks for the warning, Lacey."

"No problem." Lacey smiled, "I noticed not a lot of the girls were talking to you tonight." She frowned, "I guess they aren't going to accept you right away because of Shell."

"I guess not." Kylie said.

People hadn't been rude, but they also weren't going out of their way to talk to her. Lacey had been the only one to speak to her, besides a girl named Val. Val was Michelle's identical sister though, so she understood why she didn't talk much. Kylie was feeling slightly uncomfortable, and then a hand squeezed on her shoulder. She looked over and Brian's brown eyes were burning into hers with concern.

"You alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine."

"Sure?"

"Positive." She nodded.

He smiled, and nodded his head and slowly moved back into conversation with the guys. Kylie turned her head around and noticed Lacey was now missing and talking to her boyfriend and two other guys across the room.

"So, Gena and I challenge you two." Zacky laughed as he stood up, "Let's see what you and the new girl have Gates."

Kylie's head snapped in the direction of the pierced guy. She noticed the blond haired girl with short hair hanging on his arm now. She had been nice throughout the evening, though she had been making sure everyone was taken care of by serving drinks and such.

"You up for a game of pool?" Brian asked, looking her way.

"I suck at pool." Kylie said.

Gena laughed, "I do too! Zack always has to bail my bad shots out."

Kylie laughed as she watched Gena hold the stick. She wasn't very good at pool herself, but she knew Gena was doing it all wrong. Her boyfriend was laughing, and Gena glared at him as she attempted to make one of the striped balls go in the pocket.

"Your turn." Gena laughed once she failed miserable to make the move.

"I don't even know how to hold it properly." Kylie admitted.

Brian smiled, as he grabbed her hand and brought her over to the table. He stood behind her and took the pool stick and showed her how to hold it. Kylie bit down on her bottom lip as his hands moved down to her hips and rested there.

"Now just aim."

"What if I miss?" She whispered, embarrassed that she would make a fool of herself in front of all of his friends.

"Have you not been watching Gena?" He laughed.

"Hey Syn, I heard that!" Gena laughed, from beside Zacky.

"Just do it, Ky. You'll do fine."

She sighed, and then done exactly what he had showed her a few minutes earlier. It happened quick, but she watched as the white ball hit a solid colored ball. She swallowed hard as she watched it slowly inch towards the pocket. She didn't think it was going to in, but eventually it did. She squealed out with delight as she turned around and tossed her arms around Brian's neck. She had always been bad at pool. Cole and Cyrus used to tease her all the time that she couldn't make a ball if her life depended on it, and now she did.

He laughed as he wrapped his arms around her. Her face was buried in his neck, and she was bouncing up and down. He thought it was completely adorable.

"See, you did amazing."

"Only because you showed me how."

He smirked, and soon Zacky cleared his throat interrupting their moment. Kylie broke away from Brian and the four of them completed the game. Kylie and Brian dominated the game. Well, actually Brian did that all himself. Kylie didn't make another shot after the first one, but she had a ton of fun playing. She and Gena were probably two of the worse players ever.

"Of course, Paulhus would get along with her."

Gena and Kylie both turned their heads in the direction of the glaring blond. Michelle was leaned against a door frame watching them play pool. Val and Lacey were both standing with her.

"She's not that bad, Shell." Lacey whispered.

"Oh whatever, fucking take her side too, Lacey!"

Kylie frowned, and then looked over at Gena. The short haired blond rolled her eyes and walked forward.

"Fuck her. She's just mad because Brian finally got some sense and kicked her ass to the curb. Don't even worry about her."

"I'm not worried." Kylie said.

When she finished the statement, Brian wrapped his arms around her and placed his head on her shoulder.

"She has nothing to be worried about. I'm not going anywhere. You wanna get out of here, babe?" Brian asked.

Kylie didn't know if he was doing it for show, or something else. She swallowed hard and nodded her head. Gena half frowned as she walked over and grabbed a piece of paper and pen. She scribbled something down.

"I had a lot of fun hanging with you. You should call me sometime. We can hang out, maybe when Brian and Zacky are practicing."

Kylie smiled, "I would like that."

"See you later." Zacky and Gena both said at the same time.

Brian and Kylie walked out of the house hand in hand. Yet again she didn't know if it was for show or not. For some reason, she felt really connected to him. She knew she was only pretending to be his girlfriend, but pretending felt so damn good.

"Thanks." Brian said, as he got inside the passenger side.

"No problem. Question." She laughed.

"Yeah?"

"How are you suppose to get home?"

"Huh?"

"We brought your truck, Brian. Meaning I don't have a vehicle to get home. So if I drive myself home, then what's going to happen to you?"

"I can drive." He said.

"You've had five or six beers."

"I'm not even buzzed."

"Still, if you get pulled over or something. . ."

"I'll be fine."

"No way! I'm not letting you drive home."

"Then what do you suggest?"

"You can stay at my house." Kylie said.

"No." He laughed, "I'm not even drunk Kylie."

"Then I'll take you to yours, and drive back to mine, and have Cy drive your truck there tomorrow, and you can bring him home."

"That's a lot of unnecessary driving." Brian chuckled.

"Then what do you suggest?"

"Why don't you just crash at my house? If you forbid me driving and all. I have two guest rooms. You can take your pick."

"Uh. . . I don't know."

"Sounds like a smart idea to me." He smirked, "Come on. It's not even late yet. We can watch a movie or something."

"Brian. . ."

"Come on."

"Fine. Let me call mom and tell her I won't be home." Kylie sighed, pulling her cell phone from her bag.

Brian smirked. He had plans to not let this night end early. He wanted to spend as much time as he could with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image