Girl Next Door

Running Away

Kylie heard a knocking on her door and she burrowed her brows together. She knew her mom and brother were gone from the house, so she didn't know who it could be. Then her heart dropped to the pits of her stomach when she realized it could be Brian. But would he really come into her house without knocking on the door? She slowly moved her body out of the bed and walked over to her door. She sighed, as she pulled it open and relief washed over her as she saw her brother Cole standing there.

"You okay?" He asked dryly as he looked at her eyes. He could tell she had been crying. He found himself getting very pissed at Brian. He didn't care if it was his fault or not. Kylie was hurting, and he didn't like seeing his sister hurt.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'll tell you that later. You okay?" He asked again.

She sighed. "I'm fine, Cole."

"Really? Because I just got off the phone with Brian."

"He fucking called you?" She hissed. "Cole, you shouldn't have drove all the way here to check on me--"

"I was already on my way here. I called him, and he told me what happened. Now I want to hear it from your perspective."

"You've already heard it from his."

"Tell me what happened." Cole sighed.

Kylie sat down on her bed, and her brother sat down beside her. She began telling him what happened. He simply nodded his head as she covered everything from the house to the beach. Cole was surprised to find out that Brian and Kylie both had matching stories. Only Kylie's contained what happened when she left, and Brian's let him know why Michelle was there to begin with.

"You know what's so funny?" He said.

"What?" She muttered.

"You both have the same story."

"What's that?" She mumbled. "That's he's a sorry piece of shit who can't stay faithful to a woman."

"Kylie." Cole sighed. "I think something else may be going on."

"Yeah, something else is going on. Brian's fucking some tramp behind my back."

"It was his ex."

Kylie stood up and blood rushed to her cheeks as she glared at her brother.

"His fucking ex?" Kylie screamed. "That just makes it all better!"

"She was there for something!"

"Yeah! For dick!" Kylie yelled. "Cole, are you seriously fucking taking his side on this? You're my brother!"

"I'm not taking sides!" Cole screamed, standing up. "I'm just merely trying to figure out what the hell happened."

"Brian cheated on me. I think it's pretty damn obvious what happened."

"Have you talked to him about it?"

"I don't need to." Kylie said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I think you should talk to him." Cole said. "And try not to black his other eye."

"I didn't black his eye." Kylie said, narrowing her eyes. "I barely touched him."

"He said you blacked his eye."

"Yeah well, I've learned you can't believe every fucking word he says."

"Come on, Ky. Don't you think you're over reacting just a little bit?" Cole asked.

"Oh yeah. I've over reacting." She said. "Let's see how you would act if you went home to Tori right now, and her ex came bouncing down the stairs practically naked, asking her if she was ready to come to bed. Yeah, that's over reacting."

Cole didn't say a word. Kylie actually had a point, and he didn't know what to do. He was at a crossroad. He wanted to help Kylie and Brian, but at the same time he didn't know. They needed to talk in order to work through the problems. Cole knew when Brian was lying, and he could tell his friend was telling the truth. He sighed as he watched Kylie walk over to her closet and began pulling random articles of clothing out. He burrowed his brows together.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm getting out of town for awhile."

"What the fuck, Kylie?" Cole seethed. "You can't just run away!"

"The fuck I can't." She spat. "I just need to get away and clear my head."

"Don't you have work or something?" He said, trying anything to get her to stay.

"I'm quitting modeling."

"What?" He yelled, furiously.

"I never liked it anyways." She replied. "I just need to get out and clear my head." She told him softly.

He wanted to protest, but he couldn't. Kylie was a grown ass woman and if she wanted to run from her problems, then she should be able to. He sighed, as he sat on the bed and watched her pack everything away.

"You're really going to quit modeling?" He asked, after she was almost completely packed.

"My agent practically threatened to fire me this morning because I wasn't going to show up for a shoot today. He's still ticked off from last year too. Remember when I wouldn't do the nude shoot?"

Cole cringed. He was glad his sister turned that shoot down. "But, Kylie this is your source of income."

"I have money in the bank." She replied. "Plus, I have no expenses living at home. I'll look for a school job soon."

"Kylie--"

"It's my life, Cole."

"I just don't want you tossing everything out the window just because you and Brian had a small fight."

"Brian and I didn't just have a small fight." She scowled. "Brian and I are over, and I'm making some life changes." She replied, and then grabbed her birth control from the dresser and tossed it in her bag.

"At least tell me where you're going."

"Hmm." She replied, biting down on her bottom lip. She knew Cole would possibly tell Cyrus, who would more than likely cave to Brian. "I'm going away." She replied, and then walked out of the room.

"Away where?" Cole yelled, as he followed her down the stairs.

"I'll call you, Col."

"Kylie!"

"Bye!" She yelled, slamming the door behind her. She quickly walked over and climbed into the car with only one destination in mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image