Girl Next Door

Party

Kylie walked down the stairs and the party was in full swing. It took her longer than she had thought on her hair and make-up. She sighed, as she quickly made her way over to the beverage table, and got a cup of punch. She was secretly hoping that one of her brothers had spiked it when their mom wasn't looking. She sipped on the cup and looked around. There was a lot of people that she hadn't saw since she had moved out.

She walked into the kitchen and saw Cyrus leaned against the kitchen counter, looking miserable. He was wearing a pair of black dress pants and a red button down shirt. Kylie had never saw him so dressed up, and she was trying really hard to hold back her laughter. She saw Tori walk into the room and she smiled. She was wearing a beautiful pale white dress, that looked beautiful on her.

"Where's Cole?" She asked Cyrus.

"I think he's outside having a smoke with Brian."

"He actually showed up?" Kylie groaned.

"Ky, give the guy a chance. He's not a kid anymore."

"Which means he's older, and probably that much more of an asshole."

"You're impossible." Cyrus said.

Kylie shrugged her shoulder's, not really caring what her brother thought over that topic. She didn't plan on changing her attitude towards Brian anytime soon. He had been an asshole and put her through hell for many years, so why would she forget that now? She walked over and placed her plastic cup in the garbage, and then turned around upon hearing loud laughter echo throughout the house. Her eyes landed on a pair of brown ones, and she smiled.

"Kylie Summers?" Brian Haner Sr asked.

She nodded, and then smiled as she walked over and hugged him. He had always been so nice to her when she was younger. He had even apologized for his son countless times.

"Congratulations on touring with Jeff Dunham." She said, it had been the first time she had saw him since he landed the gig, and the congratulations was truly over due.

He laughed, "Thank you. It's quite fun."

"I bet." She smirked.

She looked away from him and then noticed where the real laughter had been coming from. It was her brother Cole and Brian. She rolled her eyes slightly, as she made a dash to get out of the room. She really didn't want to be stuck in the same room as him longer than two seconds, especially if she was wearing something revealing. He would probably find some way to make fun of her.

Brian shook his head, and sighed lightly as he walked over to where Cyrus was standing. Cole was now talking to his very pregnant wife across the room. Brian's father came over and stood with the two of them as well.

"Kylie's really grown up." Brian Sr said.

Cyrus laughed, "Yeah, she has."

"I can't believe she's changed so much." Brian Sr added, "It's amazing what a couple of years can do for a person. She looks great, don't she?" She said, turning to his son.

"Yeah, she looks alright." Brian muttered.

His mind was still rambled with thoughts of what had happened with Michelle earlier. He knew everything wasn't dealt with. She would come crawling back, and he would ultimately decide on whether he really wanted to be with her or not. He knew he may have been over reacting just a bit this morning. After all, it was Christmas Eve. That was probably the worse time to break up with a fiance. He sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. He really didn't know what he wanted out of life.

Being with Michelle made him miserable most of the time, but being without her wasn't making him a happy campy either. He didn't like being single. He preferred having a girlfriend. He shook his head, knowing that he shouldn't be having this debate in his mind. At least not now. He was at a party, and he needed to have some fun.

"I'm going to go get a drink." He said, walking out of the room and over to the punch bowl.

He saw Kylie standing there getting herself another cup. He licked over his lips as he walked forward. He decided that he might as well attempt being nice to her. After all, it was Christmas Eve, and he hadn't attempted anything else in the day. Maybe she wouldn't be a total bitch, and he could count that as one accomplishment.

"Hey." He said, picking up one of the plastic cups and getting himself some punch.

She looked over at him and one of her perfectly arched eyebrows raised slightly. She looked him up and down and then took a sip of her drink before she opened her glossed lips to speak.

"Hi." She said.

She decided to be nice for a moment. He hadn't said anything out of the way, and she figured she would not be a total bitch, at least not right away. She also knew if her mother over heard her being rude to him then she would receive hell later.

"You look nice tonight." He said.

She rolled her eyes, "Of course you would say that."

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"It just means of course you would say something about my appearance."

"I said something positive." He said, not understanding where she was going with this. Wasn't that a compliment?

She sighed, "You used to make fun of me for my appearance. It just seems silly for you to compliment me on it now." She said, being as civil as possible, but still getting her point across.

"I was a kid then, and you have to admit. . . you weren't the prettiest thing in the world." He said with a sly smirk, hoping she caught on to his humor. He was hoping to break the ice, and make her loosen up.

Her mouth dropped. She really couldn't believe he had just said that. She shook her head, as she looked down at the red contents in her cup and then tossed them on his black button up shirt. She then huffed, and stormed away from him.

Brian couldn't believe she had just tossed her drink on him and then walked away. He grumbled some profanities to himself as he walked into the kitchen and began looking for a towel.

"What the hell happened to you?" Cyrus asked.

"Your fucking sister." Brian hissed.

"What did you say?" Cole asked.

"I complimented her, and then tried to joke with her. She's a fucking bitch though." Brian said, "I'm out of here. Can you guys tell my dad I'll be at his house?" He said, and then stormed out of the house.

He had honestly had enough with women for one day. He didn't know what had crawled up the entire female population's ass, but he really didn't like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So editing our errors will have to wait until this afternoon. I just wanted to get it posted up. So look over things right now, I'm in a rush!

Image