Girl Next Door

Buttons Pushed

It was Christmas Eve morning and Brian was in the midst of the biggest fight of his and Michelle's relationship. She didn't think he had been serious when he told her he was going to spend the holidays with his father instead of her. She was absolutely furious that she wouldn't be seeing him for two days. He sat down on the bed and watched as she paced back and forth in the house, demanding that he call his father and cancel his plans.

"Are you finished?" He asked, looking up at her.

"What do you mean am I finished?'" She questioned, "Do I look fucking finished, Brian?"

"Michelle, what the fuck do you want from me?" He asked standing up. He had been trying to keep his cool this entire time, but he just couldn't any longer. It angered him that she wanted him all to herself. "I'm fucking seeing my family. It's Christmas for fucks sake."

"And I'm your fucking fiance. I'm more important than your family!" She snapped.

That was the breaking point. He starred deep into her eyes and shook his head.

"You're not my fucking fiance anymore. Pack your shit and get the fuck out, Michelle. I'm finished with this."

"Brian!" She said, realizing she may have pressed his buttons this time, "You know I was just angry."

"I don't care." He replied, crossing his tattooed arms over his chest, "You have until two to pack your shit. I'm locking up the house and changing the code so you can't get back in. I suggest you hurry."

"You're kidding." She said.

"Do I look like I'm fucking kidding?" He asked in a serious voice, "I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life."

"You'll fucking regret this." She said, as she walked out of the bedroom they had shared for over a year.

"Doubt it." He whispered to himself as he walked over to his closet and picked out some clothes for tonight.

He was not only going to be attending the Summers party, but he was going to be attending it as a single man. He was looking forward to seeing Cole and Cyrus. He didn't realize how much he missed his friends until he saw them again. But even more than seeing Cole and Cyrus, he was looking forward to seeing Kylie again.

He knew he shouldn't be thinking about her as much as he had been. He just couldn't seem to get his mind off her. It was still so surreal to him that she looked like that now.

"Brian?"

"I don't want to talk about anything, Michelle. I told you what I wanted." He said, not even giving her a chance to say anything. He wasn't falling back on his decision. He didn't want to be with her anymore.

Kylie was looking through her luggage for something to wear tonight. She really didn't know how to dress. Her mother had told her to dress up for the occasion. She really didn't see the point behind that. She was just going to be seeing people she had seen a million times before. Some of them she hadn't saw in a couple of years, but nonetheless she had saw them before. She had no one to impress, so why did she have to dress up?

She grabbed a pair of jeans with scattered rips and holes in them, and a worn black t-shirt. She placed it on her bed as she walked over and turned on her curling iron. As she flipped the switch to the iron on, there came a knocking on the door. Suspecting it was just one of her brothers, she told them to come on in. She was kind of surprised when her mother came in.

"Hey Mom." Kylie said.

"Hi, just wanted to see what you planned on wearing tonight." Rachel said.

"I have my outfit laid out on the bed."

She watched as her mother walked over and inspected her attire for the night. She knew it was going to be a bad response coming from her mouth before she even said anything. She licked over her lips slightly as her mother turned around and placed a hand on her hip.

"You're not wearing that."

"Why not?" Kylie questioned.

"It's not appropriate."

"Mom, it's jeans and a shirt."

"Which is not appropriate. I know you have some beautiful dresses, so pick one."

"I'm not wearing a dress." Kylie stated.

"Please do this for me Kylie. This is all I ask. We're going to be taking some family portraits and I'd rather none of my children dress in jeans with holes in them. Your brothers are going along, so please don't hassle me on this."

"Mom." Kylie said, "You're really making me not want to move back in."

Rachel smiled, "You know you want to. It'll be fun. It's just one night."

Kylie groaned loudly and stomped her feet like a little school girl as her mother walked out of her room and shut the door behind her. She couldn't believe she really had to dress up for tonight. It seemed stupid to her, but for her mother's sake she would go along with it.

She once again began going through the clothes she had packed. She had brought two dresses along. A red and black one. The black one wasn't good for the party. It was cut far too low, and it was also way too short. The red one was strapless, and ended just above her knees, but it was very form fitting and showed off every curve she had.

She sighed, and picked up the red one. She laid it down on the bed, and then walked over and changed into a button up blouse. She sat down at the vanity and began doing her hair. It was long, reaching past her bra strap, so she knew it would take awhile to curl it.

Brian arrived at his father's house, and walked straight in. It was still a couple of hours before the party began, but he was excited for it. He saw his father in the living room with his own guitar. He sat down beside him and glanced into his brown eyes.

"Michelle not gonna come?"

"I broke it off with her." Brian said.

"On Christmas Eve?" His father questioned.

"Yeah." Brian said, realizing he was probably going to be called a major asshole for that stunt.

"What did she do?"

"She was just being herself. I couldn't handle it anymore." He admitted.

His father laughed slightly, "Well, maybe they'll be some single ladies at the party for you."

Brian chuckled, "Possibly."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image