Dearly Beloved

the beginnging........obviously........

After taking a much needed vacation from American Idiot, Tre came to the guys with a "fun" idea.

Tre helped himself into Billie's house, walking straight into the kitchen to get a beer and a snack. Adrienne walked in and screamed as she saw Tre about to supposedly stab someone. Tre screamed as well and dropped the knife.

"Tre what the hell are you doing!?!" she yelled at him.

"I was just cutting my sandwich karate style, why are you screaming?" he asked casually. Adie let out a shaky breath with one hand on her chest after the horrifying scare.

"I just... never mind."

"What? Did you think I was going to stab someone? Though I would make a sexy murderer... " he said with that smile across the face.

All the sudden Billie burst in the kitchen, holding a fake sword, in nothing but his boxers, socks and a tie.

"What is it?! Where is he?! I got him!" he screamed going all paranoid.

"Billie, Billie, it's okay! It was just Tre!" Adie tried to calm him down. Billie stopped acting like a maniac and stared at Tre.

"Ah, Tre what the fuck... never mind, I don't even want to know. I'm going to get dressed." He marched back upstairs with his sword.

Tre sat down with his sandwich, made with god knows what and started munching it down.

"So, why exactly are you here again?" Adie asked him. Tre finished chewing his sandwich.

"I've got an announcement to make! Call up Mikey boy."

"Call him yourself."

"Okay."
Tre pulled out his cell and speed dialed mike. He didn't answer.

"Just leave a message." Adie told him.

"But this is importante!"

"Glad to see you're working on your Spanish." Adie said impressed.

"Gracias." Tre said boastfully. He rang Mike again. He didn't answer again. Tre called him again. This time he answered. In the back ground, you could hear some stumbling, and an 'ow, fuck!' before a voice came up.

"What?" sounded a very unpleasant cranky Mike.

"Hey, Mike! It's Tre!"

"Yes, I know that, now what's your excuse?" he demanded.

"I have an announcement to make. I need you to come to Billie's a.s.a.p."
Mike grumbled.

"Alright, alright." He hung up.

"Something fishy with Mike." Tre remarked.

"What?" asked Adie.

"He sounded just like when you wake him up in the morning without his coffee."

"Cranky?"

"Yep."

"But it's 1pm, why would he still be asleep?" Adie asked confused.

"I guess he slept in. You ask him when he gets here, he won't be too much in a good mood." Adie gave a face. No one liked Mike without his coffee in the morning.

A bit later, Billie came back downstairs dressed and Tre told him he had called up Mike, though he didn't tell him that something was up. 10 minutes after, Mike arrived.

Mike came in nothing but jeans and a t shirt and some converse. He still had a bed head and looked as if he had gotten no sleep at all. He collapsed at the table half asleep.

"Mike, are you okay?" Billie asked his friend.

"Yah, you looked like you got hit by truck." Tre said.

"Almost," groaned Mike, "The Brittney truck, that's what."

"Hey, that rhymes!" Tre said.

"Oh no, not the Brittney truck." Billie grumbled.

"The Brittney truck?" Adie said.

"The Brittney truck." Mike assured.

"What Brittney truck?" Tre asked.

"The Brittney truck!" Billie yelled at him.

"Huh?" Adie was still confused.

"That's what we call Brittney when she gets mad." Billie explained.

"Ohhhhhhhhh... ... Uhhhhhh... .." Adie and Tre said.

"But you broke up with her like 4 months ago!" Adie said.

"Yah. Just a little bit." mumbled Mike.

"Anyway," Tre said standing up, " I have an announcement to make!"

Everyone looked at Tre with an 'oh goodie" look.

"I've decided, since I've been getting kinda bored lately doing nothing that we... should go... . on a road trip!"

There was nothing but silence.

"Define 'we'." Billie asked.

"You, me and Mikey boy." Mike, with his head buried in his arms, gave thumbs up.

"I dunno Tre... . I don't think we're up to it."

"I think it would be nice." said Adie.

"What?!"

"Well, if it's better than you moping around the house all day saying ' I'm bored, I'm bored' sure why not?"

"Aha!" Tre said.

"I'll go." Mike said, "Like the good old days."

"What!?"

"Oh, come on Billie, it'll be fun!" Tre pleaded.

"What car are we gonna take?"

"I decided we could take the convertible Monterey!"

"Awesome." Adie said.

"I knew something was missing from the garage this morning." Mike said to himself.

"Yah, about that, I just wanted it to be surprise."

"Oh. Well, I was past out on the couch anyway."

"We're we gonna go?" Billie asked him.

"I was planning to go cross country to the east coast!"

"Have you lost your mind! Tre that'll take forever!"

"So? We still have 2 months before we get into the studio."

"That's plenty of time Billie, have some fun already! You've been acting too serious with this music business and I'm tried of you moping around the house, you're worse than the kids!" Adie told him.

"But, but... ..what about the fans? They'll recognize us!" Billie said trying to think of any excuse.

"Simple," Tre stood up to get a soda, "we'll disguise ourselves." He popped open the can.

"Oh, how are we going to do that?" A moustache and dread locks? He thought.

"That's simple too," Tre took a gulp of his soda, "Mike will be Michael Angelo, I'll be frank'n'futer, and you'll be Billy Joel the hill billie!"

"WHAT?! Tre, that's not going to work and I'm NOT gonna be a hill billie!"

"Michael Angelo... ... I like that name." Mike said to himself.

"Besides, we're all set! I took the car to the mechanics, we're all free, Adie wants you to go, and Mike needs to get away from his physco dangerous ex-girlfriend... "

"You got that right." mumbled Mike.

"Come on Billie... .PLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEE... " pleaded Tre.

"Tre's right, it's not all that fun without you." Mike said.

"Come on Billie, I promise we'll stop in D.C. and you can throw tomatoes at the white house."

Billie hesitated. Well, what's the worse than happen? He thought.

"Alright, alright, I'll go... .But you better keep that promise!"

"With pleasure."