Dearly Beloved

off the road

The next morning Mike pulled up into Billie's driveway in the convertible Monterey, with Tre in the passenger's seat.
"Tre sit down!" he yelled at him.
"Alright, alright!" Tre jumped out of the car and ran to Billie's front door.
Adie answered it. "Hey Tre, Billie'll be down in a minute," she told.
Mike popped open the trunk, making space for Billie's stuff. Really the only thing they had was 2 luggage cases, Mike's 'Stella' base, Tre's bongos and a map and endless cds. Mike knew it wasn't a good idea to pack a lot cause they'd get robbed anyway.
Billie soon came out with a luggage case, a sleeping back and a tent along with a small back pack.
"Morning!"
"Morning."
Billie loaded the stuff into the trunk and then dug out an umbrella and handed it to Mike.
"You never know when the top's gonna bail out on you." Mike nodded. That was a pain in the ass too sometimes. It starts raining hard as hell and you get soaked because the stupid top doesn't wanna work.

Suddenly Tre came running out of the house and jumped into the driver's seat.
"I'M DRIVING!" he screamed. He started the engine.
"I CALL THE BACKSEAT!" Mike screamed as he closed the trunk, nearly chopping off Billie's nose, and slide across it landing in the back seat of the convertible.
"I guess that means I get shot gun!" Billie yelled sarcastically, "God help me," he murmured as he got in the passenger's seat. No one wants to be in up front with Tre driving.

Adie kissed Billie good bye from the car and wished them good luck. Yeah, we'll be needing that when Tre drives, though Billie. That very second Tre took off surprising everyone. He went speeding down the road and made a sharp turn at the corner nearly crashing into the stop sign and another car. Billie went clinging for dear life, screaming hysterically each time Tre ran a red light, horns honking, brakes screeching. Speeding 20 mph over the speed limit, dodging cars, and making unpredicted u turns, Billie though he would die any minute. This is even worse than making the walking contradiction video, he though, were he thought he was going to get nailed by car, and Tre convinced him to do it. No wonder.
Mike, in the backseat, too, was clinging for dear life, hiding like a turtle behind Billie's seat eyes closed. Billie could hear him whimpering like a dog.

At last, after what seemed like an eternity with Tre at the wheel, they hit the highway, which just to say was a lot safer. Billie and Mike got a grip and were happy they were still in one piece. Mike looked a bit pale and Billie felt bit sick.
"Oh, come on you guys, it wasn't that bad!" Tre told them.
"Tre, who taught you to drive?" asked Billie a little queasy.
"Myself," Tre said proudly.
"Well that solves it," Mike passé out in the back seat.
"Well, I guess it's just you and me Billie," Tre remarked.
"I guess so."

3 hours later

Tre had lost his voice from screaming to endless cds, so Billie was now at the wheel with Mike in gunshot and Tre passed out in the back. They stopped at a Wendy's get lunch.