Status: New.

How A Heart Breaks

Pash

I find myself two years later with Porter still by my side. Not the longest friendship I’ve ever had, but definitely the closest. He and I just got along so well. He was an even better friend than Nathan, and I’ve known that guy since diapers. I take a deep breath as I stand behind Porter and the cake, and then the four of us are singing. Me, Mark, Julian and Hayden erupted into a chorus of ‘happy birthday’.

As I watched Porter, he was nearly shaking in his seat, his mouth split open into an excited grin as he watched the flames on the candles dance before him. I can tell he was more eager for presents; he always did express a deep love for gifts, more so than anyone else I know. Some people even hate it, but it was the only think on his mind today.

Hayden draws out the last note, making Mark and Julian join. I just laugh while Porter blows out his candles, and then there’s a snap of the camera. I hated the thought of me being off guard in a picture, but to this day I still have it in my top drawer of my night stand. It’s Porter in front of us, a shit-eating grin on his face while he stares at the cake, be behind him, on the left side- it’s a profile shot, since I’m turned toward Hayden. There was one hand loosely around my stomach while my head is thrown back slightly, mouth agape in a smile. Hayden was on the other side, lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed, looking straight at the camera. Mark is beside him, laughing along with me, only he’s facing the camera. Julian is beside me, looking like a dear caught in head lights.

Its only the best picture I’ve ever owned.

After the picture was taken, Porter speaks, and I knew exactly what he was going to say, and why.

“When can I open my presents?” He smiled eagerly. He always did like my gifts, claims that I bring him the best ones. So I laughed- I liked to get him presents like that, it always made him so happy. I guess it was just the way that smile exploded onto his face when he saw the stuff that I buy him. It was nice cute.

His mother sighed, probably annoyed by the amount of times he’s asked that and said: “Not now, it’s time for cake.” He pouted for a mere second before the cake and ice cream was placed in front of him, to which he perked up at again. We ate the so much junk food, calories simply numbers that meant nothing. We consumed too many to really care right now. Porter let his head drop onto the table, arms circled around his stomach, and her had a small hint of chocolate on the corner of his lip. I didn’t tell him.

“So good,” he mumbled, even though we were sore from our stomachs being expanded too much. I just nodded from beside him, while the other three laughed and handed him their gifts consisting of clothes, CD’s, video games and of course, money. He barely even thanked him before he looked at me. Of course he would notice how my present was absent for the moment.

“Where’s my present, biotch?” He grinned, making me roll my eyes and reach into my pocket and pulled it out. He inspected it, flipping it around in his hand. Sure, the box it came in was small, but the amount of money I had to pay for it was large. For me, at least. I had used just about an entire pay check for his present. He looked up at me after studying the shape and wrapping paper thoroughly.

“Is this a trick where I’m going to be open it and it’s going to be empty?” He questioned, obviously mocking the size of the box. I gave him a smirk.

“Shut up and open it.” You don’t need to tell Porter twice to open a gift. I watched him as he grinned and ripped the paper to shreds, letting them land wherever they wanted. He made a huge mess actually, with all his presents. I got him an iPod Touch. And as soon as he saw it, he screamed. He screamed loud and long- for minutes, even. I heard his mother groan somehow. When his screaming died down, I was going to tell him how many gig’s it was, but he just attacked me with a hug.

“Thanks Pash! You’re the best!”

“No prob.” My mouth shifted against strands of his hair, and I noticed it smelled really good, but I couldn’t put a direct label on it. When he pulled away he had this goofy grin on his face that made me want to pinch his cheeks. I refrained.

When everything was settled down, I finally had time to think, or hear my thoughts. As I looked before me at the four boys, I realized they were all fourteen, and it felt weird for a moment, but I didn’t really mind. In the two years I’ve known Porter, I knew these guys pretty well. But I still complained.

“This sucks. I’m stuck in a house with spoiled brats who haven’t hit puberty yet.” I was actually going to say something about how their balls haven’t dropped yet, but I decided against it. That would have been a little too out there.

“Hey!” Julian shouted, voice on the verge of cracking.. “These little brats who haven’t hit puberty out number you and we can easily kick your ass.”

“I highly doubt that,” I laughed, and then from behind me, Mark started screeching.

“Charge!” I pictured him pointing his finger out toward me, but barely had time to turn around before he tackled me, jumping onto my back. Porter seemed to enjoy, because he was the next one to jump on me, and in minutes, I had all of them on the floor. It was so easy since I was bigger than them.

I put on knee on the floor while my foot rested on Porters’ chest. I didn’t want to kill him, so I placed most of my weight on my knee. I leaned in, my face as close to his as I could get without kissing him or anything like that. I smirked.

“Who’s your daddy?”

“Fuck you!” He laughed , slapping my face away gently.

Then, there was only one thing left to settle. Sleeping arrangements. I don’t do good on couches, floors. Tried it once and my back always messes up.

“Since I’m birthday boy I get my bed!” Porter said lazily, which was understandable. It was late; we were all drained from a night of screwing around. Not like that. These guys have loads of energy, plus all the sugar that was consumed, damn. It was crazy. I’m surprised his mother never came to yell at us.

There was a yawn. It was Julian- “I call couch!”

“I get the love seat!” Mark moved behind Julian to follow him downstairs to the living room.

Two places left, the floor and the warm and quite comfortable bed. Hayden isn’t that fond of the floor, either, but the floor leaves me feeling cold. I much rather bunk with someone than be on the floor on my own, for some reason. So, I looked at Hayden at the same time he snapped his head toward me. We looked at each other, seemingly trying to determine who would have talk first.

“I call bed!” I shout instantly as his mouth opens to say the same thing. Hayden and I stare each other down like we were going to fight. When I glared at him, he scowled. There was a moment of silence before Porter suggested the game of all times. The only one that settles problems!

“Rock, paper, scissors, best two out of three wins.” I put on my game face as I walked closer to Hayden, determined. I ended up winning of course, doing a little happy dance while Hayden whined. He stomped childishly to the fake-bed on the floor, nearly throwing himself on the seats. I laughed lightly before turning the lights off and took my spot next to Porter on his bed. I curled up in the bed, feeling content as I turned to him to look at his face.

“Thank you for the birthday present.” The smile in his voice was audible, and visible.

“You’re welcome.” Yawn- it made my eyes shut and I didn’t bother to open them again. “Night.”

“G’night.”

Sometime during the night, I woke up, and to fall asleep again, I placed my arm over him. He was like that teddy bear I always wanted. And its not only that I was a cuddle-er, but for my sake…I’ll say it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter like this, I'm pretty sure.

So do me a favor.
When you see her,
ask your girl what my dick tastes like.


lmfao. Yeah =D Comments?