Status: New.

How A Heart Breaks

Porter

“All right, this meeting isn’t going to be useless!” I shout, getting off of Nathan and Hayden. I scrambled into the middle of the room where I placed both hands on my hips and stuck my nose in the air like I was all high and mighty.

“I’m giving you guys all a job to do!”

They all groaned, but I screamed at them. That shut them up real fast. With a grin I say, “Since you all complained about our practice place then we’re going to fix it up.”

And we did exactly that. For the next week we boarded up the holes in the walls, re-painted the place and even got a new couch so it wasn’t old and nasty. We also got us a fridge down there and I even started trying to write lyrics.

Growling, I tugged at my hair before calling Pash and whining, “I sound like a teenage girl!”

I dragged out the ‘l’ for dramatic effect. With a laugh, Pash asks, “Why is that?”

“I don’t know I just do. Get your ass over here and help me.”

“Why do I have to come over?”

“Because I want you to butt much, now hurry up!” I hung up before he could object and crumbled the paper up before throwing it into the trash bin. Grumbling, I bury my head in my arms until Pash arrived.

I succeeded in writing a song that night. I had Pash talk to me, just talk, because I felt like as long as I had Pash around, I could do anything. Why? I have no clue. He just makes me feel that way and when I did finish the lyrics I squealed with delight and waved it in his face before getting the guys to come over the next day where I danced with victory while waving the paper wildly.

They all read it and seemed to like the lyrics I had written down. Looking at Pash I grin and say, “See. I knew we could do this.”

Pash rolled his eyes before chuckling, “You have to write more then one song. Plus we have to get a beat for it.”

“Aw, I know you guys can do that. I have faith in you!”

And I do have faith in them, because I knew that we could do this. If we tried hard enough then we definitely could!

I gave everyone a job and that was to save up money. For what you ask? Well obviously amps, microphones, you know the works. The things we need to actually make this work. Sure it took a while to get all that, but we managed.

Of course, my parents weren’t very happy about it. They didn’t like the noise we created when we tried to find the right music for the song. They didn’t like that I wanted to make a band. They thought it wasn’t a good career to go in or a stable one, which it wasn’t.

It isn’t stable and who knows we might suck and not make it, but I had this feeling that we would. Something just told me that we could do it and I was determined.

“Julie!” I cried, wrapping my arms around the boy from behind. “Do you realize this is going to be our first official practice?”

Julian was using his knees as drum pads. Humming he nods his head as we wait for the guys to get here. This really was our first official band practice. Somehow, we had gotten it, the music and now we were going to practice…

It felt so cool. I couldn’t believe it, but at the same time I could. Does that make sense?

“This is going to be so cool!” I screamed, my eyes looking at the lyrics scribbled on my worn piece of paper.

I had already branded the words into my skull. I could see this song backwards for anyone I’ve read it over that much. We wouldn’t want the singer forgetting his own lyrics!

~

Turning around I stare at the guys. They were all eyeing me suspiciously, probably because I looked like a deer in headlights. Pash was the first to ask, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I answer. “It’s just…we actually had a practice!

Nathan and Julian laughed while Hayden screamed with delight and Pash grinned, shaking his head as if he didn’t believe it. Grinning, I danced before saying, “Lets do it again.”

“Practice makes perfect!” Nathan shouts, more than happy to play again.

When the guys left that night I was ecstatic. We were actually doing this. We actually had a song. We had our own song. It’s ours, that we made and worked with.

It was probably the most amazing thing I have ever felt and I was excited to make another one. So that night I stayed up for hours, talking to Pash over the phone while writing lyrics, just writing until I couldn’t think anymore and I lost the feelings in my fingers.

Now, now that we had actually made a song, I was even more determined to do this, because what happened tonight was proof that we could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Porter.
Yep there's our little Porter :D

Comment&Subscribe?