You're The Closest To Heaven I'll Ever Be

Beach Party?

I woke up after a long night at work. I knew Roxy was already up due to the sound of a plate smashing and her screaming. I shook my head, not wanting to know the damage yet. So I grabbed my phone, I had a text.

Unknown- Hey Olivia, it’s Alex. I hope that you and Roxy with be at 7th Street beach, tonight at 5. That’s where the party is, in case you forgot :).

Me- We were planning on it :)

I smiled and put my phone down.

I guess it was time to go see the damage Roxy caused.

“Morning Olivia!” Roxy called from the bathroom as she placed a band-aid on the palm of her hand. “Careful in the kitchen.”

I shook my head and walk toward the kitchen.

“That is the third plate Roxy!” I giggled. I could her classic dork laugh from the bathroom.

I decided to be nice and sweep up the pieces for her.

“So, you remember that Alex guy from the bar?” I asked in a casual conversation tone as I saw Roxy walk toward the living room.

“The one who is having the beach party today?” She questioned back.

“Yeah. Well he sent me details, you still want to go?” I asked sitting next to her.

“Liv, when do I ever pass up a chance to party?” She giggled.

I looked at the clock. It was 4:03. “Well it’s at 5.”

“What are you wearing? Are we coordinating or not?” Roxy asked hopping up. These were the daily questions we asked each other every time we were going to be seen together.

“No idea.” I said, hopping up. “Let’s go see what we have.”

“We don’t have much time!” She said pulling off invisible sunglasses for dramatic effect and running into her room, slamming her closet door open.

I laughed as I walked to my closet.

We simultaneously came out in to hallway with an option in each hand. Out of the two outfits I had in my hand, they both matched one of Roxy’s.

“GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” She laughed.

I raised one. She raised the one that coordinated.

“Let’s go!” I said with determination. Than we had a dramatic effect stare down for a couple seconds, then Roxy turned around to go into her room and hit her head on the door frame. I laughed as I walked into my room.

When we walked out of our rooms we looked good next to each other, even though we did not perfectly match.

“I don’t care what you say; I am taking my new car.” Roxy said.

We both came from wealthy families, but we did not live the super fancy rich life. We tended to just shop a lot! But we each did have a bad habit of the rich.

Roxy LOVED to buy new cars, like ALL the time!

Where I preferred to dine at the nicer restaurants and drink the fancy waters.

“I will just come with you.” I said as she grabbed her keys and we headed for the car. How could you pass up arriving in her newest? It’s a Lamborghini!