‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 4

I push the sofa to the wall in my apartment to have enough space to practice my dance routine. I put my CD of preference in the CD player and start stepping lightly across my living room floor.
"RING! RING!" I stumble and pick up the phone.
"Hello this is Albert Coindextros, I'm calling about the plumbing in your west quarter." A nerdy voice stutters on the other end.
"Hi Tre." I say, laughing at his prank gone wrong.
"Damn, how'd you know it was me?"
"Just an inkling."
"So, umm, I was sort of wondering if you'd like to see a movie with me tonight."
"What about Ramona?" I ask, teasing his nervousness.
"She has an early dance class tomorrow."
"So this movie thing, is it like a date?"
"Yeah, you can say that."
"Alright pick me up in half an hour."

I hang up the phone and I hear someone knock at the door of my apartment. I look through the peep-hole.
"Tre, did you make the call from the hallway?"
"Yeah."
"What if I said no?"
"You wouldn't do that." He says smirking, "I'm irresistible."
"Come in, come in before Amy sees you." I say pulling Tre into my apartment. He smiles evilly at me. "What?"
"You're wearing the shorts."
"Yeah, I wear them when I'm rehearsing a routine."
"Okay, the movie starts in like fifteen minutes, so let's go." Tre says waving his arms towards the door.
"Let me get changed." I say, heading to my room.
"No, we'll be sitting on our asses for two hours, you might as well be comfortable." He says picking me up and carrying me out of my apartment.
"SHOES!" I yell. He heads back into the apartment and allows me to put on my shoes and grab my keys.

We walk down the street to the cinema and I turn to Tre.
"I realized this trip to the movies is very similar to our first trip to the movies together."
"What, you mean me carrying you out of your home?" he asks, smirking evilly.
"And the fact you came earlier than you were supposed to." I retort. Tre merely laughs as he walks ahead to buy the tickets.

After watching a fairly boring movie we walk out of the cinema.
"To keep to tradition, you do know what I must do." I look at him quizzically for a moment. Then he steps ahead of me on the sidewalk, unhitches his belt and shakes his butt at me.
"Hmm, still sexy." I say squeezing his butt cheek after he pulls his pants back on.
"No one told me there's an arcade here!" Tre exclaims as he pulls me across the street into a rather small arcade. "So what would you like to play?"
"Air hockey I guess." I say, noticing that's the only available game. We walk up to the air hockey table and start the game. It's a furious competition but Tre ends up winning by one lousy point.
"I win! Oh yeah! Victory dance!"
"It was a lucky shot." I pout.
"Bianca, what are you doing here?" I hear Amy's voice ask me. I turn around and look at the nosey fourteen year old.
"I, umm, was just."
"Holy crap! Is that Tre Cool?"
"Uh yeah, Tre this is Amy, and Amy meet Tre." I say, as Tre stops his victory dance.

Amy stands there speechless for a few moments, "Congratulations Tre, you're the first person to get her to shut up for longer than five seconds."
"What! Argh! Oh yeah, could I possibly get your autograph?" Amy asks, digging through her bag to get her American Idiot CD case and permanent marker.
"Do I have a choice?" Tre asks, intrigued by how giddy this girl was getting.
"I doubt it." I say laughing at how goofy Amy looks right about now. Tre signs the CD case and I look over to him, "We should leave now before the teenies see you."
"Not the teenies! Hide me, my love!"
"Your love?" I ask as we walk out of the arcade. "May I suggest coffee?" we walk to the nearest Starbucks and sit on the sofas with our coffees. Tre starts telling me about the tour, as his lips are moving I can't seem to grasp what he's saying; I lean forward and kiss his lips stopping them in their tracks.
"Sorry, I couldn't resist." I say blushing and taking a sip of my coffee. Tre tilts his head looking at me with great interest and leans forward and kisses me. I feel his tongue slip past my lips.
"Neither could I." Next thing I know we're back at my apartment and Tre is straddled over me pinning my wrists down.