Status: I'm in the process of re-writing this story.

My Heart Will Stay In This Mid-Western State

Chapter One

“Your assignment is to interview someone from our state, Missouri, who is now credibly famous. I understand that this will be a difficult assignment but you are failing this course. If you do this correctly and timely I will be able to pass you. Any questions, Carolina?”

Professor Whitmore raised his silver bushes at me then rolled his eyes. When he was annoyed he seemed to age ten years in his face.

“What exactly do you mean by famous?” I asked lazily.

“Ugh, you lack creativity Ms. Oprey. Here is a list of people that I have contacted that are willing to be interviewed immensely for your assignment. I should take off points for doing that for you but I am kind.”

He laid a piece of paper on his polished desk then turned around to write on the aging chalkboard.

I gingerly picked up the piece of paper and scanned over it.

There weren’t very many people to choose from.

“Who is Mel Purcell?”

“He is a tennis coach at a university in Kentucky. He used to play tennis fairly well.”

“Uh, okay. He’s a definite no. I can’t go to Kentucky. What about William Tobin?”

“God bless him. He passed away last year but you could do a wonderful paper on his works.”

“I’ll pass on him. Uh, Grant Wistrom?”

“He is a former football player. Great man, great man.”

“I don’t like football. Jack Jewsbury?”

“Oh, I didn’t mean to put him on there. He plays in Major League Soccer. There would be no way for you to contact him.”

“Oh. Terry Lee Landrum?”

“Former baseball player. He would be happy for an interview.”

“Okay so I have three living people to choose from who have all played a sport? What a selection.” I mumbled sourly.

“No, there is still one more person on the list. He is a musician.”

I looked on the list, the last person on that page that I had overlooked.

“Christofer Drew Ingle. Who is that?”

“He is from a group called Never Shout Never I do believe.” Professor Whitmore said as he took a seat at his desk.

“Oh, I’ve heard of him.”

“Mhmm. So who are you interviewing?”

“Well I detest sports so I suppose that Christofer kid.”

He scrawled something on a slip of paper then handed it to me.

“That is the number to contact him personally. He mentioned in the phone call that you don’t give anyone his number. I suggest you keep it to yourself. This is due February the 11th at 10 am. I will see you in two weeks Ms. Oprey. Have a nice day break.”

He looked away from me then began typing away on his laptop.

“Thank you again for this, sir.” I said as I walked out of his office.

I put the numbers into my phone and decided I would have to call the boy now if I was going to interview him before the deadline.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is awfully boring. I'm suprised if you even read this far! Ha. I promise that the next one will be better.
Comment/subscribe and all that jazz?