You're the Talk of the Town

thirteen.

“I need to go.” Blaise whispered, pulling away from Gabe’s grasp. He looked at her and nodded. Blaise felt heat come to her cheeks as he started the car. She looked at the clock on the dashboard and her eyes widened.

“We practically skipped the whole school day.” she stated, wiping dry tears away from her cheeks.
“That is a good thing. Sometimes people need breaks.” He said softly, glancing at her.

She stayed silent but couldn’t help but feel…safe. She was glad that she asked Gabe to start over. She liked him, although she didn’t know in what way yet. She suddenly thought of going home, and not wanting to be alone, even after spending the majority of the day with Gabe, crying her eyes out and telling him everything that happened. A thought struck her, and she became nauseous.

“Gabe?” she asked quietly, facing him in her seat.

“Yeah?” he answered, eyes never leaving the road.

“Do you, um, think you could follow me to my house once get my car? Hugh might be there and…” she said, not wanting to finish the sentence.

“Of course.” he said sternly, his eyes flashing with anger. “I should have thought of that.”

She smiled at him and closed her eyes, leaning her head back to the seat.

She didn’t know she dozed off until Gabe was waking her.

“We are at your house Blaise.” he whispered, moving some hair from her face. She realized how close his face was to her and she smiled, then processed his words.

“My car!” she exclaimed, sitting up suddenly. Gabe was already shaking his head.

“Johnny is bringing it. Don’t worry.”

She was baffled. “Thank you Gabe.”

“Let’s get you inside.” he said, catching her gaze.

Blaise nodded and got out of his car. She grabbed his outstretched hand and they walked into her house. She was relieved that Hugh wasn’t there.

Once they reached her room, she hugged Gabe.

“Thank you again, Gabe. You don’t-”

“Don’t mention it. If there is anything else I can do-” he started, but stopped when a door ourside slammed.

Blaise bolted to her window and opened the curtain slightly, but immediately relaxed when she saw Johnny walking up to her door.

“Johnny…” she said, facing Gabe. He nodded and went down stairs.

She went and sat on her bed, she didn’t want anyone to see her right now. Nor did she want to see anyone, but Gabe. Right now, for some odd reason, he was her rock. She was going to be needing him more than she needed anyone. She laughed to herself at how ironic all this was. Yesterday she hated Gabe Saporta, today she was bring held in his arms.

“Why are you laughing?” Gabe said from her doorway, smiling. She looked at him and blushed.

“No reason.” she said simply, looking at his hand, where he dangled her keys.

“Johnny told me that Joan went crazy when she realized you were with me.” He said, coming to sit next to her on the bed.

She just laughed, she could perfectly picture Joan freaking out. “Oh, well.”

There was silence after that, which was comfortable for Blaise. She rested her head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her.

“Can you stay with me? I cant be alone.” she whispered, on the verge of tears again.

“Of course I will.” He said, looking down at her. His face was pained, like it was hard for him to say what he did next. “Show me your arms.”

Blaise just sat there, gaping at Gabe.

“Blaise, now. I need to see what he did to you.” he said, his voice thick with worry. Eyes pleading.

She slowly moved away from him and took off the jacket she was wearing, then pushed up her sleeves. She ignored him as he nearly choked. She didn’t let him say anything as she turned around and showed him her back.

“We have to tell the police.” Gabe said, suddenly by her side.

“Gabe, no. Please. It wont happen again. Please…” she said, eyes tearing up at her thoughts.

“How do we know that Blaise? How do I know he’s never going to hurt you again?” he asked, cupping her cheek, begging her to listen to him.

“Because I know you’ll protect me.” she said, voice barely audible.

She could tell that she caught him off guard when she said that. His eyes grew huge, but he smiled at her. She knew in her heart that it was true, she knew now that Gabe would protect her. After today her whole life would change.

She wrapped her arms around his wait and leaned her head on his chest, inhaling his sent. He hugged her and ran one hand through her hair.

“You should get some rest. I’ll stay until your mom gets home, ill keep you safe.” he said, pulling away from her.

She wanted him to lay with her, but she wouldn’t say that out loud. As long as he was here, that’s all she needed. So she nodded and went into the bathroom to change, only looking back at Gabe once a small smile on her lips, then shut the door.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````

Gabe sat at the edge of Blaise’s bed, watching her as she slept. He couldn’t believe the events that happened that day. So many different emotions where running through his head, and he didn’t understand the half of them.

He couldn’t believe that Hugh did that to her. Just thinking about what he did to her mad his blood boil. No man should ever hit a woman, that is how he grew up. And besides, that was just morally wrong. Blaise didn’t do anything to deserve what happened to her.

He stood from the bed right when a car pulled into their driveway. He looked out the window and saw a woman get out of a small black car, locking her car on the way to the door.

He quickly went to Blaze’s bed and kissed her forehead then silently walked through the door. He made it down the stairs just as the woman was putting her purse down in the kitchen off to his left.

“Oh! Hello?” she said, surprised written all over her face..

“My name is Gabe Saporta, I was here with Blaise. She just fell asleep…”He said, rolling back onto his heels. He noticed his mom instantly relax.

“Oh. Okay. Lately she’s been…I don’t know. Something’s wrong but she wont tell me. I’ve just been so worried. And-oh dear, I’m rambling.” She said, pressing her hand to her forehead.

Gabe stood there looking at her mom, torn. He didn’t think he should to tell her mom what happened because it wasn’t his place. She must have seen the indecision on his face, because her next words shocked him.

“Do you know something?” She asked, voice still thick with worry.

“No,” he said turning the knob on the front door, “Everything’s fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This story...
anyway.
It's been a long time, and im sorry. Thank you to the people who arereading it.
=]
Next chapter will be longer.