You're the Talk of the Town

four.

“What the hell Blaise?” Joan said the next day. Blaise was quiet again. Joan was suspecting something.

“What now Joan?” Blaise sighed, turning to her red headed friend.

“You are being extremely quiet. And you have a giant smile on your face. What happened?” she asked, squinting at Blaise.

Blaise cursed herself in her head. She was grinning? Well, this was somewhat new.

“Nothing is wrong. And nothing happened.” Blaise said, just as the first bell rang. She spend off towards English. Joan was never going to stop until she found out why Blaise was being oddly quiet.

Blaise was one of the first people into class. Gabe was the first. He sat perfectly in the same seat he had yesterday. He smiled at her as she walked in, she returned it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days passed by and Gabe found himself even more curious about Blaise than the first day of school. They had conversations in class, but only little ones. Nothing to draw too much attention to themselves.

“Okay, now I expect you guys to finish those two chapters by tomorrow.” Mrs. Rodney told the whole class. There were grunts and sighs all around the room. They had started The Trojan War already.

Gabe was one of them who sighed. Of course he already had homework. He was a senior. As he started to put his stuff up, the bell rang. The class ran out to the hallway as fast as they could, wanting to socialize before their next class.

He stood up and slung his bag over his shoulder and grabbed his purple hat. He started for the door and smiled. Blaise was still here.

“Well Hello.” Gabe smiled, going over to her desk.

“Hello Gabe.” She smiled up to him and grabbed her bag.

They walked out to the hall and started walking down the hall. Girls stared at Blaise as they walked. Gabe could feel them glaring at her. He didn’t like it.

He looked over to her and laughed. She was grinning. This girl was something else.

“You don’t care what they think of you.”Gabe said. It wasn’t a question.

“Why should I? They don’t run my life.” She said, looking up to him. Gabe admired her then.

They walked a little more and soon she stopped. He was about to turn towards the math wing.

“I go this way.” She said softly, looking at her book.

“I see. I go to math.” He said, looking down the hall.

“I’ll see you later.” She said, looking at him again and then walking away. He turned and started for his class.

“Gabe wait.” He heard.

He turned around and saw Blaise there, running back into view.

“You know you can sit with me at lunch-that is if you don’t want to sit with Troy and David again.” She said, clutching her books harder.

He grinned again.

“I’ll see you at lunch.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did she do that? Why did she invite him to sit with her? What if he got the wrong idea?

“Oh god.” She mumbled to herself as she sat in her sewing class.

She didn’t feel like doing anything today. She was too hyper to mess with needles.

“Blaise.” Someone said from the door.

She looked over and her heart jumped.

“Hugh? What are you doing here?” she whispered harshly, snapping a glance at the teacher.

“I came to take you away.” He smiled, walking into the class and sitting next to her.

“What?”

“I am taking you to lunch.” He said, grabbing her hand.

“Why?”

“I am not doing anything today. And you didn’t call me back last night. Did you sleep well?” he asked her, looking at their hands.

She felt guilty. She had been ignoring his calls for the past few days.

“Yeah I did. I wasn’t feeling well.” She lied. She never lied to Hugh.

“Well, that’s great. Where do you want to go for lunch?”

She just frowned. This wasn’t going to be a good day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabe couldn’t get to the lunchroom fast enough after math. He searched around for Blaise but couldn’t see her. He was in line when he saw them[.i] together. Their fingers were laced and he was talking to some guys. Blaise looked uncomfortable. He didn’t understand. He thought he went to college.

He kept looking at her until she looked in his direction and locked eyes with him. She seemed sad. When she looked away and started leaving with him, Gabe understood.

He didn’t feel like eating all of a sudden. He went to his locker and grabbed his notebook and went to the library. He wasn’t supposed to be mad. It wasn’t like she was his or anything.

He sat down and started writing.

Take my time
Take it easier
I Don’t need no lines
‘Cuz my moves are hot
And I never stop, girl

Hey, hey, hey I know
You heard it all before and you’ve seen it all
Hey, hey, hey I know
It’s the same old song, same old song

I’m the kind of guy that you aint never seen before.
If you want to hit the floor;
Are you ready for more?
I’m the kind of guy it aint easy to forget
Girl, I’m gonna make you sweat
Are you ready? Are you ready for more?


The bell rang and he snapped his notebook shut. Maybe he would use that one day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feel free to comment.
That would make my day.
I hope you enjoyed it.