You're the Talk of the Town

three.

Gabe walked into his new house and sighed. He didn’t want to admit it, but he liked it.

“Hola ama.” He said, smiling to his mother.

“Hello Gabe. How was your first day?” she asked, turning her head away from the cooking she was doing.

“It was okay.” Gabe mumbled.

He didn’t know if he knew what had happened. All he did was try to talk to this girl. But something happened. He didn’t know what.

He went up to his room and collapsed onto his bed. He stared up his bare ceiling. He looked around to his bare desk. Then he looked to his bare walls. He needed to make this room more….cluttered. He hadn’t even begun to unpack. Now was the time to do that.

Two hours and 15 empty boxes later, Gabe sat onto his bead and smiled to himself.

His walls now held dozens upon dozens of posters. His clothes were in the dresser. He now had books and notebooks on his desk, along with his computer. It finally felt homey.
He walked down the stairs with empty boxes in his hands.

“Ama, I am going to the music store. Can I use the car?” Gabe asked, looking to his mom.

“Yes Gabe you can.” She said, jerking her head toward the keys on the counter.

“Thanks ama.” Gabe said, then left his house, and drove to the music store.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaise sat in her room, contemplating on crying or not. She knew Hugh was moving to go to a University, but still, she knew what would happen. She didn’t want him to leave. She was sad…or relieved? She didn’t know. He didn’t leave for another few months, when the new semester started.

“Blaise, Hugh is on the phone.” Her mom said, sticking her head into the room.

“Tell him I’m taking a nap.” Blaise told her mom, looking back out the window. Her mom left and shut the door.

Blaise had an urge to go somewhere. She couldn’t be in this room any longer. It would make her go insane. She got out of her bed and put on a hoodie, and some slip on vans, then walked down the stairs.

“Mom, can I use the car?” she asked, looking to her mother, who had just hung up the phone.

“Sure sweetie. Where are you going?” she asked, handing her daughter the keys.

“I don’t know. Just around.” She told her, and then went out the door.

She drove down Main Street and pulled up in front of an ancient building. She walked inside and smiled. She loved music.

She walked to the back to say hi to Tony, the cashier when she noticed someone sitting in a plush chair and looking at a CD.

It was him.

He looked up just as she realized who it was. And then he smiled again.

“Hey.” He said, looking at her and standing up. “Blaise Adams, right?”

“Yeah.” she said, looking down at her feet.

This was most definitely not like her. She was never shy.

“I’m Gabe Saporta.” He said, looking at her, sticking out his hand. She grabbed it and heat rolled through her.

“Its nice to meet you.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabe walked into the unfamiliar music store and smiled. It was unique.

“Hello.” The guy at the back said to him. Gabe lifted his head from a CD rack and smiled into his direction.

“Are you looking for anything specific?” the guy asked.

“Not really. Just thought I’d check this place out. I saw it when we moved into town.” Gabe said, looking back to the CD’s. He picked one and sat down on a soft chair.

He was looking at the track list when someone came in. He didn’t bother to look up. He felt someone stop and stare at him, he looked up and was connected with her eyes. He smiled, for the millionth time that day.

“Hey.” Gabe said, standing up. “Blaise Adams right?”

“Yeah.” she said, looking down. He smiled to himself. She was nervous. Just as nervous as he was.

“I’m Gabe Saporta.” He said, sticking out his had for her to shake.

She grabbed it and it was like electricity was getting coursed through him.

“It’s nice to meet you.” she said, looking at their hands.

She took her hand away from his and Gabe felt drained. He didn’t want her to remove her hand.

“I’m sorry if I…offended you or made you mad in government today. I didn’t mean to.” He said, putting the CD back on the rack. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked at her. She was beautiful. Gabe had never met anyone like her. And Gabe Saporta had met a lot of girls.

“You didn’t. I was just….”she laughed. He was confused.

“I wasn’t having a good day.” she finished.

“I hope it got better since then.” Gabe said honestly.

“It has. In many ways.” she said, looking up at him.

“What were you looking at?” she said, quickly changing the subject.

“Nothing in particular…”He said, going to her side and looking at more CD’s.

“Where did you move from?” She asked him softly, glancing up at him.

“Upstate New York.” He said, and Blaise smiled.

“You moved to New Jersey from there?” she laughed slightly.

“Yes.” he said, laughing as well.

They continued to look for CD’s, and every so often found one that they would tell each other about.

Gabe found one and turned around and almost knocked Blaise to the ground, but he caught her before she fell.

“I’m sorry.” he said quietly, looking into her eyes. She looked back, mesmerized. He soon got a grip on himself and straightened her up and let go of her. He looked out the door to the darkening sky. She looked as well.

“I have to go.” She said softly, looking up at him. When he didn’t say anything, she turned and left.

“Blaise, wait!” he said, running out of the store after her, hoping she didn’t already leave. She turned around and looked at him, a small smile playing on her lips.

“Yes?”

“I-I had fun.” Gabe said, then he wanted to kick himself.

She just giggled. “I’ll see you tomorrow Gabe Saporta.” she said, then walked to her car.

“See you tomorrow Blaise Adams.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope there are people actually reading this.
Or that will read this.
Thank you for my first comment zahra !