You're the Talk of the Town

eight.

Gabe walked up the steps to the ‘party house’ and sighed in relief. This is what he needed. He needed alcohol.

He used to drink all the time where he used to live. He was known as the ‘party king’. He didn’t just go to parties, but he hosted them also. No one ever missed. Now was the time to get back to that. It had been too long.

He walked in and the party was already in full swing. You couldn’t tell from outside, there were hardly any cars. This was good. Not too many people were stupid enough to drive drunk.

He immediately went to the kitchen and helped himself to a shot of Jack Daniels. It burned as it went down and he smiled. He poured himself another one and downed it just like the first. Then he grabbed a beer and walked back out into the main area.

People were dancing, and talking everywhere. He scanned the room for anyone he knew and found Johnny sitting in the corner talking to some people. He decided to go and talk to them.

“Gabe, you made it.” Johnny said, looking at his friend.

“Hell yeah I did. I wouldn’t miss free alcohol.” he smirked, holding up his beer. Johnny just shook his head.

“I’d like you to meet some people. Henley, Hugh, this is Gabe. Gabe, Henley and Hugh.” Johnny said. Their backs were towards Gabe and when they turned around Gabe recognized the bigger one.

“What‘s up?” He said, looking at Gabe, then going back to talking to a girl that was there, she wasn’t Blaise. The smaller guy just nodded in his direction.

Gabe continued to talk to Johnny but watch Hugh. He thought that any minute the guy would hit something. Soon the girl he was talking to left and he just sat there with Henley.

“Hey Hugh, I hear Blaise is coming tonight.” a voice said from behind them. Gabe turned and saw David standing there.

“Good. Maybe she’ll get drunk enough that I could take her home.” Hugh said with a smile on his face. “If you know what I mean.” Most of the guys around them laughed. Gabe and Johnny were the only ones who didn’t.

Gabe just looked at Johnny who was looking at Hugh with an unreadable expression. Gabe didn’t use girls like this guy did. He didn’t take advantage of them when they were drunk. He sometimes slept with a girl during a party, but that was when they were both wasted. Unintentional, and meaningless. It would just happen. Which wasn’t any better, but it was never against anyone’s will.

“I need to tell Joan.” Johnny told Gabe, getting up and walking off. He decided to stay there and see what else this douche bag was going to say.

“What is up with Blaise anyway?” David asked, sitting on the chair next to Hugh. “She has been acting weird lately.”

“Probably upset that I’m leaving. I could care less. I’m glad I’m leaving this dump, and her. I need change.” Hugh said, taking another sip of his beer.

“I feel ya man.” David said, looking around the room.

Gabe couldn’t believe this. This guy was an asshole. He had never used a girl before. If he was dating someone, and it ended up not working out, he told her and they’d call it quits. He never thought twice about keeping a girl around for fun.

Gabe couldn’t stand listening to them any longer so he decided to leave and go find Johnny. He was out back talking to Joan. Gabe walked up slowly and found himself staring at Joan. She looked pissed.

“Hugh is such an asshole.” she said, looking at Gabe as he stopped next to Johnny.

“Hey Gabe.”

“Hi Joan.” he said quietly.

“Did he say anything else?” Johnny asked.

Gabe was quiet. He didn’t know why he was helping. He hated Blaise after all, but wouldn’t want any girl dating that guy.

“Just that he needed change and that he was glad he was leaving Blaise.” he said quietly, looking at the beer in his hands.

“Fuck him! What a douche bag! How dare he!” Joan snapped, looking at the house.

“We’ll watch her tonight, okay Joan? We just need to make sure that she doesn’t leave with him.” Johnny said, looking at her in the eyes. Gabe felt awkward. He could only guess how much they liked each other.

“Oh trust me, she wont.” she said looking at Gabe. He just stared back at her. He didn’t know what she was staring at. He was confused.

They sat outside for a while, waiting for any sign of Blaise. When it finally came Gabe got a knot in his stomach.

She was walking up to them with a grin on her face, and he smiled. She looked gorgeous. And Gabe didn’t realize he was looking at her with a genuine smile, until her eyes locked with his. Her face automatically hardened as she stopped. Gabe’s face fell ad he plastered an angry look on. What was wrong with him?

“Blaise, want to-” Joan started.

“I need a drink.” she snapped, throwing a glance back at Gabe. She turned around and went back inside the house, pushing people out of her way.

Gabe just looked down at the grass. He felt Johnny and Joan’s eyes on him. Probably
curious as to why they hated each other so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
i dont think i wrote this chapter as well as i should have...
i couldnt think of my wording at times.
Like it?

while writing this chapter, i listened to 'Your Body Is A Wonderland' -John Mayer.
I find it inspiring.

comments please!
and YAY to subscribers!
i feel extremely special.