You're the Talk of the Town

nine.

“I need some vodka.” Blaise said, walking into the kitchen and telling Hugh. She looked around the room and saw Harley and a bunch of the other people that were at the Diner.

“Coming right up babe.” He said, smiling at her. It was safe to say that she was pissed off. Gabe was here, why wouldn’t she be?

Hugh soon handed her a tall, slim glass of clear liquid and she downed it. She needed to forget everything. Two more glasses of vodka and four shot of Tequila later, Blaise found herself outside near the garden. Her vision was slightly blurry and she kept giggling.

“Blaise lets get you home.” A voice said from behind her. Blaise turned and saw Joan with Johnny. Her face fell when she saw them.

“I’m fine Joan. Don’t worry about me.” Blaise said, trying to smile again. “Hugh is going to take me home.” When Blaise said that, Joan suddenly looked angry.

“We are going to take you to my house. So your mom doesn’t have to see you like this. You’re not going with Hugh.” She said firmly. Blaise was getting irritated.

“Joan, I appreciate it really, but I’m not drunk! I know what I’m doing.” She said, crossing her arms. Joan sighed.

“Hugh is purposely getting you drunk.” She said, her eyes on the ground.

“What are you talking about Joan?” Blaise sighed. This was too much talking. She was here to have fun. Not to have serious conversations.

“I heard him telling the guys he was hoping you’d get wasted, so he could take you to his house.” Johnny said quietly. Blaise heard herself laugh and didn’t know where it was coming from.

“Blaise we’re serious. We don’t want him to take advantage of you like that.” Joan said, making eye contact with Blaise.

“Hugh wouldn’t do that.” Blaise said suddenly, on the verge of tears. She needed to defend him.

“Blaise-“

“I’ll see you later.” Blaise said, then walked past them back into the house to Hugh. He smiled at her and gave her another glass of mystery alcohol. She downed it and pushed the glass back for more. Hugh smiled and left the room and came back shortly, holding two more glasses. Blaise looked up at him and didn’t know what to do.

She knew Joan and Johnny were right about him. She knew the only reason he was being so nice and giving her the drinks was because he wanted to take her home. That was his reason for everything. This wouldn’t be the first time something like this happened. Deep down she knew the only reason he kept her around until he moved was to get ass. That was all. Not love.

But she didn’t have the heart to break up with him. She did love him, didn’t she? They had been together for over a year and that was something that didn’t come easily. He had been in love with her. Was he still?

Blaise grabbed the glasses and drank them both, this time letting the warm feeling come over her easily. She knew what was going to happen, so why try to delay it?

She soon found herself attached to Hugh’s lips as he carried her out of the house. People were watching them leave, but some weren’t. They didn’t care what was going to happen to her. Before he shut the door, Blaise looked over his shoulder and saw Gabe standing there, a shocked look on his face. She felt her face fall, and her eyes cry out for help. But none came. She didn’t remember much after that. Except for him taking her clothes off, and her just laying there in pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabe woke up the next morning on the floor of his best friend’s house. The sun was shining through his curtains and he heard life outside. This wasn’t a going to be a good day. He sat up and looked around the room. He didn’t think he had ever had a worse time at a party. He couldn’t stop worrying about Blaise, as much as he hated to admit that to even himself.

Johnny was awake also, on the opposite side of the room. He was sitting in his bed and looking at his wall. When Gabe sat up his head turned towards Gabe.

“That wasn’t much fun.” Johnny admitted.

“Yeah. It wasn’t.” he said, his voice was hoarse because of the amount of alcohol he had last night.

“Hugh should go to hell.” Johnny said, getting up and leaving the room.

Gabe sighed and punched the floor. Guys like Hugh made him look bad. He got up and put his jacket and shoes on and went out of Johnny’s room and walked into the kitchen. The clock on the stove read 2:00 pm.

“Holy fuck. I better go. My mom is probably wondering where I am.” Gabe told Johnny who was sitting on the counter eating a bagel.

“Okay dude. See ya later.” He said, nodding at him.

“Thanks for letting me stay here Johnny.” He said, and then walked out the front door. He turned left at the end of the driveway and started his way home. He only lived a few blocks away from him so he didn’t drive. He was almost to his house when he saw a car pull up to a house across the street from his. The one where the girl his age lived.

He looked closer and saw that it was Blaise running up to door. She knocked and soon it opened, Joan standing there and quickly pulling Blaise into a hug. She pulled Blaise into the house and Gabe stood there. He didn’t know how to feel.

He walked to his house and fell into his bed. He never wanted Monday to come faster.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes.
a long time.
i apologize.