Black Eye Behind the Monster

Chapter 2

Rules when you become a fighter

1. Always fight
2. Never turn down a fight (it makes more money for your boss)
3. Never let your personal life effect the outcome of a fight
4. (Possibly the most important) If you reject a fight because of your personal life you must take his/her place in the fight.
5. Sharing information about specific incidents that go on/in the warehouse or in a fight is strictly forbidden.

Now with that little tid bit of knowledge, my close friend Manda (not close enough to know I was a fighter) had a boy friend named Josh, he and I soon became really good friends. One day in October my freshman year (the first year I was in listed as a street fighter) he ran his mouth about Manda's ex boyfriend who was a fighter. Like me but he was one of the more higher ranked fighters, unlike a first year.

As expected Manda's ex boyfriend Max wanted to fight Josh, make him sorry for the stuff he said. And Max voiced his opinion about it to EVERYONE at the warehouse. And i made my first and what I hoped to be my last mistake ever as a fighter. I told Max he couldn't fight Josh. I actually yelled it to him got straight in his face anger boiling through my veins stood up to him and yelled
"YOU CAN'T FIGHT HIM, JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE A SHITTY BOYFRIEND TO MANDA MEANS YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT ON THE NEXT BOYFRIEND TO TAKE CARE OF HER WHEN YOU COULDN'T"

And just like that I signed myself for the worst fight of my life.

Immediately I was walked to the Red Room where most of the bloody fights happen, which was my first clue I was in for a world of hurt.

It happened so fast I didn't know weather or not to try and run away or just scream. We walked in he stood on the one side and I stood on the other, my boss gave me the look that without saying a word said it all. "you fucked up and now you gotta face up to your big mouth"

The crowd quickly circled us and we waited for the initial buzzer. Once it sounded he made the first move, made direct contact with the bridge of my nose. Almost instantly I let out a shriek of pain. And everything went black for a moment....