We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

"I'm the photographer for the Reprise photo shoot," I say at the front desk of the studio.

"Oh, yes, the Green Day media shoot," she says smiling, "So are you a Green Day fan?"

"I don't really know many of their songs, I mean that American Idiot song is pretty good," I say shrugging as I shift my bag on my shoulder.

"That Billie Joe is a real hunk of man, isn't he?" she says laughing.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure what they look like," I say shrugging.

"Okay then, you're in studio five," the secretary says pointing down the hall.

"Thank you," I say as I walk down past various rooms. I see a familiar head of hair walk out of the washroom.

"Mike?"

"Cassie" he says turning around, obviously surprised to see me. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm the photographer for the Green Day media shoot," I say shrugging my shoulders, "What are you doing here?"

"Well remember I said I work in the music industry?"

"Yeah," I say looking at him funny.

"Well, I'm actually the bass player for Green Day," he says shyly.

"Bass player as in the Mike Dirnt guy?" I say still confused.

"I'm sorry, I should've told you this earlier, and it's just I wanted to make sure you liked me for me not--" I cut him off.

"It's okay, I understand," I say as I lean in and kiss him, "Don't worry, I'm not a gold digger, I'm not materialistic."

"Well you should go set up shouldn't you?" he says quietly.

"Yeah, guess so."

"Oh! I saw the whole thing!" I hear an over-excited voice yell.

"Jesus Tre, stop sneaking up on me." Tre ignores Mike and walks up to me and shakes my hand vigorously.

"Hello darling, I'm Tre, the sexiest member of Green Day."

"Hmm, then what am I doing with Mike when I should be with you," I say humouring the weird man in front of me.

"Sorry, I'm taken, but I guess if you're willing to settle, Mike is pretty decent," Tre says patting Mike on the shoulder.

"Damn right, I'm pretty decent," Mike retorts. Tre scampers off happily into the studio.

"So that's the drummer?" I say looking at the door Tre just entered.

"Yeah," Mike says as he rocks back and forth on his heels.

"Well, I better go set up," I say as I walk into the studio. I start checking the cameras and looking over the lighting set up when Tre comes up to me.

"Whatcha doin?" he asks in the most annoying voice possible.

"Setting up for your photo shoot," I say as I adjust the tripod.

"Why?"

"Because I'm the friggin photographer," I mutter.

"Holy Crap! Mike, you didn't tell me you were dating the photographer!" he yells across the studio, "Now everything's going to be all awkward."

"Tre let the nice lady do her job," a man with dark hair says as he pulls Tre away by his collar.

"Thanks," I say laughing.

"You're welcome. Don't let Tre scare you off, he's generally harmless."

"Oh, I wasn't worried; I've dealt with the odd ones before. You're Billie Joe, right?" I say extending my hand to shake his.

"The one and only. And who might you be, besides the friggin photographer and Mike's new lady friend?"

"Cassandra Marquin, but you can call me Cassie," I say going back to adjust the tripod.

"Alright Cassie," he says as he walks away.

"Mikey baby! I approve of your new gal!" he yells across the studio, I can't help but laugh.

The photo shoot lasts about three hours including costume change, make-up touch ups and lighting adjustments. I'm glad I wasn't directing the photo shoot as well, I wouldn't be able to just boss Mike around, it was awkward enough already.

"That's a wrap!" the director yells. I place the lens cap back on the camera as Mike walks up to me.

"If you're not mad at me, would you like to go for some drinks with us?" Mike asks nervously.

"Mike, calm down; I'm not mad at you. And drinks sound great," I say smiling.

"Great," he says relieved.