Status: Rewritten, let me know what you think!!

A Library Romance

Chapter Ten

*Nico's P.O.V.*

I’m shaken awake at God-knows what time to find Antonio smacking me in the face. But even more interesting is the boy, Adlar, asleep with his arm around my waist and his head on my shoulder.

“Hey, tool, get up,” Antonio says, irritated.

“What the fuck’s going on?” I ask groggily, trying not to wake Adlar up.

“You and Tinkerbell over there fell asleep reading your smutty romance. It’s midnight.”

“Shit, man. What about Adlar? He can’t drive like this.”

“Don’t worry; mom said he can stay at our place.”

I gulp at the thought of Adlar staying overnight at my house. Pushing the fear aside I tap him on the shoulder ‘til he wakes up.

“Hey, what’s goin’ on?” he asks sleepily.

I try my best to not smile at how cute he is.

“We fell asleep. Come on, Antonio’s gonna drive us back to my place.”

“Yeah, sure,” Adlar yawns as he gets up and stretches his arms over his head.

His shirt lifts to show his flat, toned stomach with the slight bit of hair furring there. Once again I gulp at the thought of him spending the night. At least he’ll be in a different room.

“So where am I sleeping?” Adlar asks.

“In Nico’s room, as long as it’s all right with him,” Antonio answers.

“Okay, Nico s’okay if I stay in your room?” Adlar asks, looking over at me with his gorgeous blue eyes.

I gulp, shit, “Yeah.”

“Kay, cool,” Adlar says and smiles.

I gulp again, shit, “Yeah.”

The minute ride over to my house is silent. When we reach the house I get out nervously, heading in to the house, and up the stairs, all with Adlar right behind me.

“Look, Nico, if you’re not comfortable with this then I can sleep somewhere else, it’s no problem,” Adlar says as we climb the second set of stairs.

“Why would I be uncomfortable?” I ask nonchalantly.

“Well, you know, be-because you’re g-g-gay,” Adlar says hesitantly.

“Don’t worry about it Adlar, I’ll be fine. I can be around guys you know and not be turned on by them,” I chuckle, “I won’t rape you in the middle of the night.”

“You’re sure?”

“Yeah, why, are you uncomfortable with it? Cause that’s totally understandable.”

“No, no, it’s just I’ve never slept around another guy before.”

“Really? Not even one of your brothers? I’ve even slept in Drake’s bed.”

“Well I just haven’t, okay,” Adlar gets slightly defensive.

“Okay, so you’re still okay with this?”

“Yeah, totally, I’m cool.”

“Okay, so we’re good,” I finalize as I lead Adlar in to my bedroom.

I turn on my bedside table lamp and pull out a sleeping bag from my closet, and an extra pillow. Adlar is slipping his shirt over his head and I follow his lead. Adlar then unbuttons his jeans and slips them down his legs.

Trying not to stare through his black boxers, I too slip my jeans off and immediately crawl in to the sleeping bag. Adlar looks at me like I'm crazy.

"You don't have to sleep on the floor. It's your bed, I can take the floor."

"No, don't worry about it, Adlar, you need it right now. I'll be cool on the floor."

Adlar sighs and climbs onto the bed.

“Thanks for tonight, Nico, it really means a lot to me.”

“Anything for a friend.”

“I’m really glad we’re friends.”

"Me, too," I smile to myself, turning over in the sleeping bag.

Half an hour goes by and I can't get comfortable enough to even attempt falling asleep. Guess I wasn't okay with the floor.

"Nico," Adlar grumbles sleepily, "Shut up and get in the bed, right now."

"You sure?"

"Yes! As long as you'll be quiet," he chuckles.

Without anymore prompting I jump out of the sleeping bed and quickly dive under the covers. It doesn't take long for either of us to fall asleep after that.

-----

The beeping of my alarm clock interrupts my dream. And what a good dream it was too. Adlar and I were cuddling in my bed, asleep.

I reach over lazily and turn off the alarm. Suddenly I realize something; I am not alone. I then remember everything that had happened the night before.

I am now considerably aware of Adlar’s arm wrapped around my waist; his warm breath on the back of my neck; his chest pressed against my spine; his feet entwined with mine; but worst of all, his crotch pressing against my ass.

“Adlar?” I ask hesitantly.

No answer.

“Adlar?” I say a little louder.

Adlar grunts and presses his nose closer in to my hair. His arm comes up and wraps around my arm, trapping it, as his hand rubs my chest slightly.

I stay still for a second; my eyes open in shock as I try to register what’s happening.

“Holy shit!” Adlar jumps, taking away all physical contact we had with each other, “I am so sorry, Nico.”

Adlar begins backing away from the bed, apologizing with his hands in front of him as if he was warding off some evil creature.

“Adlar, don’t worry about it,” I shrug, trying to seem nonchalant and at ease when all I really want is to have Adlar touch me again.

“No, but I shouldn’t have-”

I cut him off, “Adlar, shut the hell up!”

Adlar stops short.

“You’re sure?” he asks, one brow raised.

“Yes, now get dressed before breakfast is all eaten. We’ve still gotta get back to the store to pick up our cars and I have school.”

“Oh, right, it’s Tuesday,” Adlar chuckles.

“Ya, it’s a Tuesday,” I say, slightly sarcastic.

“Don’t use that tone with me, young man,” Adlar laughs and flashes his always-amazing and take-my-heart-away smile.

-----

Adlar and I ate a quick breakfast, the entire time having my family stare at Adlar every time his back was turned. Now we’re walking to the store, sharing light chit chat.

I must say that Adlar looks even better outside. The natural light brings out the beautiful creaminess of his skin; and the chill air causes his cheeks to turn a cute pink and his lips a deep red.

As we stop in front of the store, Adlar shoves his hands deep in to his jacket pockets, and shuffles his feet awkwardly.

“So, thanks again, for last night. And sorry, again, for this morning,” he says finally, looking at his feet.

“It wasn’t a problem, Adlar, I give help to any friend in need,” I smile as he looks up at me.

Adlar smiles back shyly and I get the urge to grab him by the jacket collar and kiss his rough lips. Adlar leans over and gives me a man-hug before going to his car.

He stops with his hand on the door handle and looks back, “Hey, do you think I could call you and you could read to me?”

Adlar’s face reddens slightly in embarrassment and I can’t help but smile and nod.

Seeing my nod, Adlar smiles widely and then climbs in to his car, speeding away down the street.