Status: Rewritten, let me know what you think!!

A Library Romance

Chapter Three

*Nico's P.O.V.*

“Nico Lorenzo Mammoliti, get out of that bed right now!” My mother’s shrill voice pulls me out of my sleep.

Si, mamma, sono sveglio!” I call back.

I pull myself up, groaning in exhaustion. Flinging the door open I grin cheekily at my mother as she stands in the hallway, a stern look on her face and her hands on her hips.

“I swear, one of these days you are going to be late for school,” mother scorns.

Si, si, mamma,” I say, simply for her satisfaction.

I take the few steps to the bathroom, only to find it occupied.

“Antonio, you son of a bitch, get out of there!” I bang on the door.

Lingua!” My mother calls from the laundry room at the other end of the hallway.

I swear that woman has super sonic hearing.

“I’m busy,” Antonio calls back.

“I’m coming in!” I say.

“Fine, your choice,” Antonio chuckles.

As soon as I open the door I regret it. My older brother Antonio is standing in the middle of the bathroom, stark naked. That doesn’t bother me; I’ve seen my brother naked plenty of times. His dick doesn’t bother me at all. What was disgusting was the fact that he’d decided to do a little trimming, with my electric razor!

“Oh, come on!” I cry, “That’s my razor, you dick!”

Lingua!” My mother calls again.

“What?” he shrugs lazily, “I have a date tonight.”

“And that gives you reason to use my razor on your nuts?” I retort.

“Of course, I’m older.”

“Well let me use the shower. It’s the least you can do now that I have to go to school on the first day back from Christmas break with a hairy face.”

“Fine,” he mutters.

I begin to strip, turning on the water and waiting for it to warm up. I know you might think it’s weird that my brother and I don’t have a problem being naked together in the bathroom, but for us it’s completely normal. When you’ve grown up with six brothers and sisters and only two bathrooms, you see it all.

“Hey, you’ve got almost as much hair as me, little bro,” Antonio chuckles, pulling on my chest hair.

“Fuck off,” I mutter.

Lingua!” Mother calls again.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Antonio and I both mutter.

-----

I get to school without anymore mishaps. The hallways are teeming with hormonal teenagers talking animatedly about what they did over the Christmas holiday. I spot Deana’s blonde head flicking between our fellow students. She was always well-liked. She finally sees me, whereas she starts to charge towards me. Deana flings her arms around my neck and wraps her legs around my waist.

“Oh, my God!” she cries, “I haven’t seen you in like forever, Nico!”

“It was only yesterday,” I mutter and she pushes my cheeks in with her hands.

“Ssh, everyone else is doing it,” she says, covering my mouth.

“You’re so weird.”

“Is there something you two need to tell me?” A male voice says from behind me.

I turn around, finding my best friend Drake. Dropping Deana, I run to Drake and do the same to him that Deana had to me only moments before.

“Drake, buddy, I missed you!” I yell, squeezing his neck, “Geez, you couldn’t have called or something!”

“Sorry, dude, I was at my grandma’s,” he laughs.

“S’okay,” I jump down from his arms.

I know what you’re thinking. Do I see Drake as more than just a friend? No! Why do people always assume that just because I’m gay and I have a guy best friend, it means we’re secretly in love? I in no way view Drake as a lover, and Drake is completely straight.

“So, what’s with the shadow?” Drake chuckles, rubbing my chin.

“Ugh, I need a new razor,” I groan, burying my face in his chest.

“Why, what happened to it?”

“Antonio has a date tonight, so he figured he’d do a little trimming, with my razor.”

“Oh, ew, bad mental image there, man,” Drake whines, rubbing his eyes with the balls of his palms.

“Mm, I got a great picture,” Deana sighs.

“Come on, Dee, that’s my brother!” I cry.

“What? Antonio Mammoliti is gorgeous! He’s such a man!”

“Oh, whatever, he’s eighteen! He watches Dora the Explorer with Ariana still, for Christ’s sake.”

“Aw, that’s just cute, Ariana’s only three. She needs to get attention from someone other than her parents.”

Pazzo cagna,” I mutter.

“No fair!” Deana wails, “I don’t understand Italian.”

“He called you a crazy bitch,” Drake chuckles.

The only reason Drake knows Italian is because he used to get mad that my mom would say stuff to us and he wouldn’t understand. After that he was determined to learn and got my mom and I to teach him.

“That’s not fair either,” Deana mutters.

“Suck it up, principessa,” I coo.