You're My Keeper

Along The Lines

Imari’s clear grey eyes looked up into the white sky as the snow burst from the clouds. She sighed as she continued to walk alone in the crowded streets of Konaha. Her long dark black hair danced wildly in the wind as her small pale fingers failed to pull down the strains of hair that belonged to her bangs back. She shivered slightly as a gust of wind swept the earth, causing her black ninja coat to become filled with a breeze that lifted up her draped kimono underneath.

“Imari.” Spoke a deep voice from behind her.

Imari turned her gaze slowly to face the person, as her bangs fell back into place, hanging between her memorizing eyes. Imari’s expression quickly changed into an expression of cockiness as she couldn’t help but to smirk at her captain’s sudden presence.

“I don’t think we are that familiar to be calling each other by our first name, Capatin…” Imari informed Itachi. He scoffed a smirk as he walked towards her.

“Well I think I have familiarized myself with you quite well,” He spoke, trying to hold back a chuckle, “I’ve carried your heavy body quite often”

“Maybe you should workout to strengthen your noodle arms,” Imari glared at him, “Anyways, what are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same question,” Itachi replied, ignoring her pervious comment, “We are departing to our mission in a few minutes…”

“I want to roam around for awhile…” Imari responded, “I don’t know how long it will be until I get to see Konaha again.”

“Do I hear a hint of anxiety?” Itachi asked in his deep hypnotic voice as he leaned towards her. Imari swung back, regaining the distance between them as her arm landed a punch on his shoulder.

“That’s not it, I’m just taking in the view of this peaceful village and I begin to think about - I’m happy that I am a part of protecting such happiness…” She spoke in her snobbish voice.

“Well, we should get going; it’s almost time to leave...” Itachi replied not allowing his eyes to land on her again.

They walked quietly beside each other as the snow continued to caress the ground with its gentle white; the distance between them was no greater than a foot but for some reason, none of them noticed how close they walked along each other. Their eyes were set on the falling snow, capturing the audio less peace that settled in their hearts.

“Capatin,” Reported the whole team with a bow as they viewed his walking figure. Itachi nodded, recognizing their presences before he began to give orders.

“We have been asked to assist Lady Emi, The Fire Lord’s daughter to the Snow Country to follow her engagement to the Snow Prince. I will personally escort Lady Emi throughout the whole journey; there will be two of you I expect to follow us in a hidden matter along the trees and you are not to show yourself at all, unless we are under attack by an enemy but even then, unless I’m not able to handle them. Everyone else is to head towards the Snow Country before us, and wait there for further instructions if needed. I hope for this to be a quick and easy mission, and expect everyone to do their best. Am I clear? ” Itachi announced.

“Yes, sir!” Everyone answered in one.

“Nakajo, and Yari, you two will be trailing along with us” Itachi pointed out as he looked towards Imari, “Kaito, you will stay beside me...”

Imari raised her eyebrow before her captain gave everyone an order, allowing everyone to be dismissed.

“Nakajo, Yari, please go on ahead and wait for us at point B, we are going to pick Lady Emi up and bring her towards you later..” Itachi explained as he handed Nakajo a map.
“Try to stay with your partner this time, sweetie..” commented Nakajo, Imari’s former tag team partner.

Imari didn’t think twice as she swung herself at him, her arm stretched out towards his face as her fingers curved like claws, she had formed a small amount of black chakra in her palm. If it wasn’t for Itachi’s strong arm that held her down by her waist, she would have at least grazed Nakajo’s face with her consuming black sphere that she held in her hand; that could eraser a part of his face - forever.

“Woah! Woah! I got cha’, it was just a joke.” Nakajo shurrged as he laughed. Imari’s eyes narrowed as she flinch her arm back, back slapping him in the process.

“Kaito!” Itachi snapped. Imari dratted her eyes away from his angery expression.

“Both of you! I don’t ever want to see such behavior again!” Itachi scolded, “Do you understand?”

“Yes, Captain..” Nakajo answered as he rubbed his red cheek.

“Kaito-san?” Itachi asked as he looked over to her, her face was filled with shame and embarrassment like a small girl who had just been scolded by her parents.

“Fine, I won’t do it again, jeez!” Imari replied annoyed as she turned around with her arms folded across her chest, “As long as he doesn’t make remarks like that again, it’ll be fine!”

Itachi nodded, “You may leave now,”

Najako and Yari nodded before they took off. Imari stood silent as a hint of betrayal toyed with her emotions.

“You’re lucky you didn’t land a hit on him,” Itachi noted as he averted his eyes towards the young girl, “You could’ve done some serious damage…”

“-If only you didn’t get in my way!” Imari shouted back but then quickly regretted talking back to her captain.

“Are you stupid? You don’t even know your own strength!” Itachi fought back,”If I had allowed you to get your ego avenged, and then you could have messed his face up, that would only cause you more trouble then what its worth!”

“…Whatever...” Imari muttered as she uncrossed her arms.

“Imari…” Itachi spoke gently,”- Kaito…”

She turned to face him as he continued to speak, “Please be more careful, learn how to limit your power…learn to trust others and most of all to accept my words…”

Imari’s glittering eyes shifted as she shrugged, “…Fine…”

“Let’s head out,” Itachi instructed as he took the led, "Imari..."

“Stay close to me!”