Sequel: Open Your Eyes
Status: Please comment if you like it.

Just Say Yes

That Was A Buzz Kill

"Brian." Brian tried his best to tune out the voice calling to him, he knew who it was coming from and really didn't feel like talking. He didn't look away from the television, even when she ran her hand back and forth in front of his face. He didn't look away, nor did he have the desire to. The moving pictures in front of him were a lot more interesting than the person sitting next to him at the moment.

"Brian." She said again, only this time she said it in a more urgent tone.

"What?" He finally broke his view of the television to look at his girlfriend, who sat on the edge of the couch, he couldn't help but wonder how the hell she was managing to stay on it. She looked at him with sad eyes, it wasn't new for her to look at him like that. It had been happening more and more often, the tours with the band had gotten longer by months and put a strain on their relationship.

"Why do you do this?" She asked, she squinted her eyes, possibly trying to hide the sadness that was behind them. It was no use, he'd known her for years and her little tricks to confuse him didn't work anymore. He knew every little thing she did and when she was going do it.

"Do what? Watch TV? Because it's for entertainment purposes and I need entertainment." He was a bit harsh to her at times, he knew that. He tried to leave his moodiness for someone other than her but when she pressed too much, he couldn't help it.

"Why are you always so fucking moody?" She stood up from the couch, now looking down on him. He felt like a child being scolded.

It wasn't that he didn't love her, he did. He always would, she was great to him when he wasn't constantly out on the road and stressed going from city to city every night. Sometimes even other continents. The only problem was that he wasn't in love with her anymore.

He wasn't exactly sure when he had fallen out of love with her, probably months ago when he didn't want to call her all the time or email her five times a day. He was lucky if he managed one email within three or four days let alone five in one day like she wanted.

Her eyes were a mixture of sadness and anger. Not a good combination, there was definitely going to be a fight. "Is there someone else?" That sparked some anger in him, she knew he would never cheat on her.

"You're acting crazy you know that? You know I would never cheat on you." He had his fair share of troubled and dysfunctional relationships, this with her was the first decent one and definitely his longest. The girls before her were just there, they weren't even girlfriends really, most of them ended up screwing him over or used him as the band was gaining popularity.

"Then what is it? You don't find me desirable anymore? Am I boring to you now? Tell me so I can fix it." Though her voice was quite loud and sent some what of an echo through the room she had lost the anger. She was just trying to sound angry to get her point across, she tended to loose and gain certain emotions quickly. It was always the one thing he never quite got about her, the constant emotional change was confusing to say the least. "I wanna fix it Brian!"

"I don't wanna fix it." He said bluntly, her reaction was shock, she stood there as if she was comprehending what he had just said and what it meant for them. He didn't exactly know himself, but it most likely wasn't for the good of their relationship.

“You guys ready to gamble?!” Zacky yelled as he walked in, beer in hand, probably already half drunk and not realizing what he had walked into. Neither Brian nor Michelle said a word. “Whoa," He paused, staring at the two. "you guys look intense...” Michelle gave Zacky a nasty look.

“Brian was just breaking up with me before we went to celebrate my sisters engagement to his best friend.” Michelle spat, Brian rolled his eyes.

“Fuck off, I was not. You're the one who kept pushing, if you would've left it alone we'd be going down to celebrate perfectly happy.”

Zacky plopped himself down on the closest chair, taking a swig of his beer. “I'm too drunk for this.”

Brian surprised her as he left the room and came back with his jacket, he needed to clear his head of all the thoughts, situations and possibilities this argument had led to. “I'm going for a smoke.”

"Do you wanna break up?" She questioned, making her voice stronger and louder. She wanted an answer but he couldn't give her one. Not the one she wanted to hear. “If it's yes then don't bother coming back to this room tonight.” She yelled at him as he headed towards the door.

He turned back and looked at his band mate, who was trying to keep up his buzz while listening to the arguing in the small hotel room. “Zacky, tell Matt and Val that I'm sorry but I needed some time alone.” And with that Brian was gone.

“Man, that was a buzz kill.” Zacky was met with an icy cold glare, "Beer?" Michelle scoffed and scampered off to the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

Within a few minutes Brian was driving along the busy roads of Las Vegas, Nevada. Initially they, as in the band and their significant others, had driven up from Huntington Beach, California to Vegas in celebration of Matt and Val's engagement. However, Michelle being one to never just let things be had to push until he couldn't take it anymore.

Brian glanced down at the digital clock with neon green numbers, it read eight thirty-three PM. He wasn't sure where he was headed, he just drove aimlessly and eventually found himself heading outside of Vegas and within thirty minutes he was in another town.

Boulder City.

He hadn't ever stopped in Boulder City, nor had he planned to be honest, but as he saw the sign welcoming him and the bright red and blue neon lights that read Mel's Diner, they were just begging him to stop. He was hungry and he did need to stretch his legs.

"What the hell." He mumbled as he pulled his vehicle into the parking lot.