Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I Hate Living Without You

Lacey's point of View
==================


The title flashed onto the screen, "Horror on Night Street."

"So do you get scaried easily?" Adam leaned towards me and whispered in my ear.

"Not really," I responded. "But if something jumps out at the screen, I may jump also, but not it fear. Only surprise."

I grabbed a handful of popcorn and placed it into my mouth. It was very buttery, just the way I liked it, but I wasn't in the mood for it. "Do you want some?" I asked turning to Ashleigh.

"Sure," she smiled. I handed her the bag so that she could devour some of the popcorn.

Adam fake yawned and was about to put his arm around me when Quinton, I assumed, kicked Adam's seat.

"Hey dude!" Adam spoke, turning around to see what was the deal.

Quinton just shrugged his shoulders as if nothing had happened. Adam shook his head before turning back to face the movie.

"Here you go," Ashleigh said passing me the, now half empty, bag of popcorn.

I grabbed another handful and ate it casually. I was slowly bring one piece to my mouth when an idea struck me. I slightly looked left and right making sure everyone was mesmerized by the movie. Then instead of eating said piece of popcorn, I threw it behind me. I knew I had hit my target because a few seconds later three pieces of popcorn came flying back at me.

This means war.

I tossed some more pieces behind me then I suddenly had the urge to laugh. I tried to hold it back, but I couldn't. Rachel, Hoit, Adam, Ashleigh, and Chad looked at me. The best part was that in the movie some guy was getting killed, and I was laughing.

Of course they didn't know I wasn't laughing at the movie.

"Are you ok?" Rachel asked from two seats away.

"Yeah, I'm good. I just thought of something funny."

"Ok then," she said before turning to the movie.

I decided to do the same and watch the movie instead of play with Quinton.

On the screen, there was a guy and a girl. I was guessing they were interested in each other because every scary movie had some romantic thing in it even though it's supposed to be a horror movie. A few minutes later the two characters began to make out. I sighed at the fakeness of the movie.

I looked over to Ashleigh about to say something about the stupidity of this movie, when I noticed she was no longer watching the movie. She was all up on Chad making out. Oh great, I thought.

I looked to Rachel and noticed her and hoit were doing the same thing. Adam looked around us and noticed the same thing I had. "Well this isn't awkward," he stated sarcastically with a soft chuckle.

"Yeah," I said suddenly uncomfortable. I looked away from him and to the movie.

"Lacey," Adam whispered. I turned around to face him, but what I didn't notice was that he was really close to me. So close that he kissed me on my lips.

I leaned back from him. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"We might as well join them," Adam replied a second before a bag of popcorn was dumped onto him by Quinton, who was now standing above Adam.

Adam stood up and faced Quinton. "What the fuck is your problem?" Adam asked.

By now, Rachel and Ashleigh's attention was away from their make out buddys and now on the scene that was happening because of me.

"Right now you're my problem," Quinton replied.

Adam lifted his fist as if he was going to punch Quinton. I stood up quickly and grabbed his raised hand. "Don't. Just sit down," I said to Adam.

Quinton smirked at Adam. "Just sit down," Quinton told Adam smuggly.

"Leave us alone," Ashleigh spoke.

Adam raised his other hand and thrusted it towards Quinton, who ducked out of the way before lifting his own fist and thrusting it to Adam's face. Only Adam wasn't quick enough to duck out of the way.

A security guard came and grabbed Quinton. He pulled him to the stairs and Quinton shook the guard's hold off of him. He began to lead Quinton to the exit. Jaden stood up and followed after them.

Adam sat back down, but I couldn't. I had to go see what was going to happen. For all I knew they were going to arrest him. I began to make my way to the exit.

"Where are you going?" Rachel asked as I slipped passed her.

"Bathroom," I responded before running down the stairs and through the hallway to the exit.

I saw Quinton and Jaden standing outside with the guard, so I ran pass the concession stand and out the doors of the building.

"Miss please go back inside," the guard told me sternly.

"I'm with them," I said pointing to Jaden and Quinton.

The guard sighed deeply before saying, "Alright then."

"You are banned from the premises for a month," the guard said pointing to Quinton. "And if you're caught doing this again, you will be charged with assult."

"How will I live?" Quinton asked sarcastically.

The guard rolled his eyes before going inside.

"Why are you here?" Quinton asked me.

"I don't want to go back in there. I'm afriad Adam will try kissing me again, and the only one I want to kiss is you."

"That works for me," he said smirking.

"Where should we go now?" Jaden asked.

Quinton shrugged his shoulders and they both looked at me.

"Um...I don't know," I replied. "The mall?"

"That sounds good," Jaden said.

"I hate the mall," Quinton stated.

"Too bad. You'll learn to love it," I replied.

He smiled at me before wrapping his arm around my shoulders. We then proceeded to walk to Quinton's car when Ashleigh came out of the doors of the theater calling my name, "Lacey, what are you doing?" she asked.

"I'll be in the car," Quinton whispered in my ear before letting me go and continuing to his car, which was parked in the very first parking space.

I walked back to the theater not really sure what to say to her. "He's the guy you've been talking about?" She asked, eyes watering slightly.

"Yeah," I said looking down at the ground.

"Have you...have you two...?" She didn't finish her question, but I knew what she was asking.

"No, I haven't slept with him," I responded.

"Don't," she said. "He'll break you like he did me."

"He's not as bad as you make him out to be," I defended.

"Just be careful," she admonished.

"I will. You know me. I won't let anything bad happen."

"I believe you," she said trying to smile.

"I'm going to go," I said.

"Ok." She turned and walked back into the building as I walked to Quinton's car.

"I would have sat in the back," I said to Jaden. He voluntarily sat there so that me and Quinton could sit near each other.

"It's no problem at all," he responded.

Quinton started up his car and put it into drive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy this update! =D

Comments motivate me to update faster! =]