Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Waking Up To You Never Felt So Real

Lacey's point of view
===================


Rachel and Ashleigh arrived at my house at 6. We were sitting on the black couch in my living room that was across from the kitchen. In front of the couch was a 54" flat screen TV and beside the couch, on both sides, were tables. To the left, was a matching lazy boy.

"Here are the two choices," I showed them. I had written them down on a piece of scrap paper.

"Let's go see that one," Ashleigh said pointing to the movie Orphan.

"It's a scary movie," Rachel said. She wasn't a fan of horror films, but me and Ash were.

"Yes, that's why we should see it," Ash stated.

Rachel looked at me and Ashleigh before giving in and saying, "Fine. Let's go see a scary movie."

"Yay!" Ashleigh cheered. We walked out to Ashleigh's car. Rachel had called shot gun, so I was forced to sit in the back.

We arrived at the movie theater twenty minutes later.

"I'll get the tickets," Ashleigh said running off to stand in the short line.

Me and Rachel stood near the front so that the boys that were meeting us would find us easily.

"Hey Rachel!" A tall blond haired boy said walking up to us. He had green eyes and an athletic build. He wore a blue American Eagle shirt and tan shorts.

"Hey Hoit. I'm glad you found us," she responded.

Two guys trotted up behind Hoit. One had black hair and the other brown. They both were about the same height as Hoit. The black haired boy wore a green polo shirt, that went well with his brown eyes, and blue jeans. The brown haired boy wore a Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt and baggy jeans. His plaid boxers were showing a little.

"This is Chad," Hoit pointed to polo boy, "and this is Adam," he pointed to baggy jean boy.

"Hi," me and Rachel said at the same time.

"I got the tickets!" Ashleigh exclaimed. "Hey boys," she said coquettishly.

"This is Hoit, Chad, and Adam," Rachel introduced to her. "This crazy chick is Ashleigh and this is Lacey."

"Hey Chad," Ash flirted.

I assumed Hoit was for Rachel and Ashleigh had just claimed Chad, so that left me with Adam. I wasn't complaining. They were all very cute, but the only one I really wanted to be with was Quinton.

We grabbed our tickets and assigned boy and walked into theater 4. Rachel and Hoit went straight to the back middle and Ashleigh and Chad went to the front.

"I guess we aren't all sitting together," I stated.

"Guess not," Adam replied. "Where should we sit?"

"Is the middle cool with you?" I asked.

"It's perfect."

I smiled at him and he smiled back. We walked to seats that were somewhat in the middle and sat down.

This movie had been in theaters for two weeks already, so it only had a few others besides me and my group. The theater was huge. It had stadium seating. The entrance/exit was located below the seats and there were two hallways that led to it on each side of the theater.

We had gotten here ten minutes earlier than the movie's start time, so there was plenty of time for me to get to know Adam.

"So..." I said not sure where to begin.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked suddenly.

"Um...I don't know. It's complicated," I replied. "I guess technically no. Why do you want to know?"

"I was just wondering. I didn't want you to feel weird about this. I just got out of a relationship, and since your...talking, I guess, there's no pressure."

"Yeah. I feel better now." I admitted.

He laughed. "You're cute. Maybe in some other life," he stated.

"Yeah...you're not so bad looking yourself."

He playfully pushed me and I laughed. I looked at the huge screen to see what ads they were playing. At the moment it was an ad trying to advertise people to buy an ad.

Ashleigh and Chad left their front seats and sat next to me. "What happened?" I asked.

"We didn't like sitting alone, so we came to join you guys," she stated.

Chad stood up suddenly and looked back, "Hoit! Rachel! Come join us!" He shouted to them in the back.

A minute later Rachel and Hoit were sitting besides Adam.

"The movie should start soon," Rachel stated.

"Oh, no," Ashleigh said.

"What is it?" I asked as everyone looked at her.

"Guess who's here," she said with anger.

I knew the answer before she said it. I looked down at the left hallway and saw Quinton and Jaden walking in.

"Who's that?" Adam asked.

"Some stoner boys from our school. They annoy the hell out of us," Rachel answered.

Why is he here? I thought. Sure I told him I was going to the movies, but that didn't mean he had to come too. I looked away from him and at the screen hoping he wouldn't notice me with Adam.

"Uh, he keeps looking over here," Ashleigh whispered into my ear.

Oh no.

I resisted the urge to look over at the stairs.

"Don't look back. He's sitting behind you," Ash said quietly.

I sighed placing my hand on my head. Why did my friends, my best friends in the whole world, hate the boy I loved most?

But was that love real? I mean we met only a few days ago and surely love at first sight wasn't real. Was it? I didn't know.

"I hate popcorn, so I'm going to go to the concession stand," I stated quickly hoping no one noticed my illogical sentence.

"Do you need help?" Adam asked.

"No, I'm good," I said declining as politely as I could.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply before standing and making my way to the end of the row, walking down the stairs, and exiting the theater. I stood outside the doors because I knew he would come.

A minute later he appeared.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to see a movie," he stated.

"You knew I was going to see a movie though. So why did you end up at the same one I am at?"

"Why are you with some asshole?" He said deflecting my question.

"He's not an asshole!" I said defending him.

He turned to walk away. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"I don't hate popcorn, so I'm going to go get some," he smirked.

Of course he would have caught what I said earlier. "I don't hate popcorn either."

"That's not what I heard," he said making fun of me.

"You are being very jealous. It's not like we are actually dating. We haven't even talked about it."

We were standing in line for the concession stand at this point. There was a guy in front of us. "I want a cheeseburger," the guy said.

"Sorry sir, we don't have cheeseburgers," the worker replied.

"Then a regular burger," the guy amended.

"Look dude, this is a movie theater not a fast food restaurant. There is popcorn and popcorn. It's not hard." Quinton snapped at him.

The guy looked back, snorted then continued asking for impossible things.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked. "You're being very jealous and impatient. Also a little rude."

"I'm not jealous of anyone or thing," he stated.

"Sure you're not," I replied sarcastically.

"Do you want anything?" He asked sweetly looking down at me with nothing, but love.

"I'll have some popcorn," I replied smiling.

"I"ll have fries then," the guy in front of us said.

"What did I just tell you?" Quinton said frustrated. "You're wasting my time. The movie I paid money to go see is about to start and I'm going to miss it because you're too lazy to look at the menu and you're too stupid to realize that this is a theater. There is no kitchen in the back, so how could they possibly have fries?"

"I'll just have a coke," the guy said.

"Thank you," Quinton mumbled.

The worker gave the guy a drink and he quickly moved aside letting Quinton go. "I'll have two medium popcorns," he told the worker.

The worker scooped the popcorn out of the maker and poured in into two bags then handed them to Quinton, who handed one to me.

"We can't go back in at the same time," I stated.

"You go first," he said holding the door for me.

"Thanks," I said. I was about to walk through the door, but turned around and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

I returned to my seat just as the beginning credits were over.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would've updated sooner, but I was busy earlier.

Comments motivate me to update faster. =]

Thanks XlooseXyourselfX for all your comments.
You definitely have motivated me a lot. =D

I hope you enjoy this update.