Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Not Getting Out Of This Without Some Kind Of Explanation

Lacey's point of view
====================


What was I supposed to do? I stared off down the bland hallway even after Adam had left.

Did I tell Quinton or leave it a secret? I wasn't sure what I was going to do. But the thing that worried me most, wasn't the fact that Adam kissed me. It was the fact that I wanted to kiss him back.

I wasn't interested in him at all. Well, at least I thought I wasn't.

I was beginning to become so confused. I had to tell Quinton about this, but I most certainly would leave out the part that I liked Adam's kiss. Just because I liked it didn't mean I cared less about Quinton, than I did before. I still loved him.

I decided that standing in the hallway would get me nowhere, so I turned back around and froze. Standing a few feet away was Quinton. Of course, only this would happen to me!

His hands were placed in the pockets of his blue jeans and his blue eyes didn't shine as they usually did. He just stared at me, wondering what I could possibly see in Adam.

"It meant nothing to me," I spoke softly. "He just came out of nowhere and kissed me." I tried to tell him my side of the story, but I knew he wasn't listening. "I love you!" I said more as a plea than a statement. "Adam means nothing to me and you mean the world."

Quinton just continued to stare at me, I guess trying to figure out if it was just an innocent kiss or something more.

I took a step forward. "Please say something," I begged. The silence was becoming unbearable. I needed to make him understand. Every part of me was panicking that there was a chance I would lose him.

I walked closer until I was a few inches away. "Please," I whispered before I hugged him, losing the bet in the process, but I didn't care anymore. It was a stupid bet anyways.

"You win," I said. "I give up."

I felt his arms snake around my waist. "It's not your fault," he finally said. He pulled away from me.

"Somethings wrong though," I stated. I looked at him closely. There was no trace of forgiveness on his face. "What is it?"

"Nothing," he replied. "But I should go back to my class, just like you." He disappeared just as quickly as he appeared.

I sighed. I didn't want to go back to Art. It was pointless because I would just worry the whole time and be distracted. So I left.

I walked down the hallway, turning down another, and pushing open any door that was in my way, until my feet hit the pavement of the student parking lot. I walked briskly, hoping I could get away before I was caught.

I spotted my car in the middle of the third row. Why did I have to park so far away?

I mentally groaned before beginning my trek.

I was halfway there when I heard a noise from a couple of bushes. "What are you doing?" Quinton asked stepping out of the plants.

"Me? What are you doing?" I retorted.

He looked to the ground and so did I. There were a few cigarettes and joints laying there. I sighed before continuing my walk.

"Where are you going?" He called from behind me stopping me in my tracks. I had managed to get a few feet away before his interruption.

"Anywhere but here," I replied before sprinting to my car. I unlocked it and got in. Started it up and drove out of the parking spot quickly. I zoomed through traffic until I reached my house, but even the sight of my house wasn't comforting. So I went to the only place I knew that was left.

Jaden's house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh drama!

So I finally got a chance to update! Yay! I was going to update before school started for me but I was at the beach visiting a college.

I would also like to wish EverRose a Happy Late Birthday! =]

Comments make me happy and lately I haven't been getting as many. Don't make me sad. I love to hear your feedback. Tell me what I'm doing wrong. What you hate/love. And tell me what you think will happen.