Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

You Drove In Town To See Me

Laceys' point of view
====================


Quinton walked me to art class.

Neither one of us had given in yet. That was good news and bad news. Good news, because I hadn't yet failed. And bad news, because I could still end up failing because he most certainly is not going to touch me anytime soon.

"What's wrong?" He asked as we stood outside my classroom.

"Don't you think this is stupid?" I placed my hands on my hips.

"Of course, but we have a deal. And I intend to follow through."

I just shook my head. "We all know that you'll win, so let's just give up."

"No," he replied sternly. "You haven't lost...yet. So the bet is still on." He smirked. "Unless you're not strong enough to resist me." He smirked.

"I can easily resist you. I'm just bored of this game."

"That's because you know you're going to lose." His smirk widened.

I glared at him evilly. "Well I'm sure Elicia will help me win," I stated.

"The only thing she'll do is put you in skimpy little outfits and parade you around me. But trust me, I've dated several sluts in my life and they don't affect me at all."

I continued to glare at him.

"Don't tell me you're having a staring contest now," Elicia spoke walking up to me and him.

"No," we both said at the same time.

She just shook her head. "Oh Quin, you don't know what I'm capable of," she said placing her hand on his arm.

"I do believe I know exactly what you're capable of," he snorted as if they had some bad history.

"Oh come on!" She laughed. "It was once and you were completely fine with it...at first."

"No, I was never fine with it. You made me look like an idiot."

"Someone has a hard time of letting go," she smiled.

"I do not!"

"Of course you don't," she sarcastically replied.

"What's going on?" I asked more confused than I usually was. They usually acted as if they were good friends, but now there was something between them.

"Nothing," they said in unison.

"Obviously something is going on and I want to know what it is," I demanded.

Quinton and Elicia glanced at each other as if communicating without words.

"I'll see you later," Quinton finally said before walking away.

"What happened between you two?" I continued to ask.

Elicia smiled at me before walking into the art room. I followed and sat at my seat. She, of course, sat on the opposite side of the room, so any further pestering was out of the question.

I worked on my drawing of a still life. I tried to focus solely on that, but I couldn't keep my mind from wandering to what had happened to Quinton and Elicia. It made me curious, but there was no way I'd find out from either of them what it was.

So my last resort was Jaden. But of course he decided to skip school today, so I would have to wait.

"Lacey?" Mrs. Fill said as she walked by me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You have a visitor outside the class," she stated.

Confused, I stood up and wandered out of the class. There leaning against the wall was Adam. He wore a black leather jacket and jeans.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to make sure everything is ok. I never got to say bye to you at the movies since you went to the bathroom."

Once it was out, I knew he knew about me and Quinton. It was obvious. Me running out just as Quinton was being escorted by security. It wasn't a coincidence and Adam wasn't stupid.

"I'm fine," I replied.

"So are you two dating?"

"Yeah, we are," I stated hoping Adam wouldn't do anything rash.

"What do your friends think of this?"

"I'm currently not speaking to either one of them."

I knew Rachel would choose Ashleigh's side, so friendship with her was gone too. I lost my best friends, but gained a boyfriend and a possible friend in Elicia. But was it worth it?

"You should choose to date someone your friends actually like. Then maybe you would still be friends."

"Don't be a jerk," I said anger rising through me.

He just shook his head and walked closer to me. "Just so you know, I'll always be there for you." He then touched his lips to mine for a brief second. "Goodbye Lacey." Then he walked away leaving me stunned.
♠ ♠ ♠
So school is approaching quickly for me. I start next wednesday, and so updates will be fewer because I have some tough classes. But I will try my hardest to update as much as I possibly can.

Comments motivate me to update faster! =]

Shout Out Time:
Stay Awake

New commentors will get a shout out. More reason to do it!