Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

The Fight

Lacey's point of view
==================


"I'm incredibly sorry," was the first thing out of his mouth. He took a step towards me then stopped unsure if I would yell at him.

"Sorry isn't good enough for me," I replied softly. I meant to be mean, but I didn't have the strength to yell at the moment. "I know you have feelings for Grace, but that doesn't give you the right to sleep with her when you are with me."

"I know, she just...she is just so damn clever. She tricked me into it. I wasn't going to do anything with her. She called me and asked if we could talk. That's why I went to her house. I didn't even think she would try anything. But according to her, we are still together and you are the girl I'm cheating on her with."

"What?" My voice rising, "Is that all I am to you? Just a girl you are cheating on your girlfriend with? You told me you and Grace were over. What the fuck happened to that?"

"Listen," he pleaded, "You have to know that I love you more."

"If you love me more, then why are you still with her?"

"It's complicated."

"How? It's simple to me. You like me more. So be with only me! Seriously what is wrong with you? Having two girlfriends at once. Did you think that was going to work?"

"No, I never thought it would work. I never wanted this to happen. I want to be with you but it's not so simple. You don't understand what all me and Grace have been through, and I know I'm hurting you. I never meant to do that. That was never my intention. But as much as I would like to break up with her, I can't. I couldn't do that to her."

"What does she have on you that is keeping you with her? What's this big secret?"

"You'd never understand," he turned away from me.

"Well help me to understand, please? I don't want this to end this way. I am in love with you Quinton. Nothing will change the way I feel, but you are breaking my heart with every secret you keep. What is keeping you and her together?"

"It was a stupid mistake. We were drunk and high. I wish I could go back in time and erase that night..." He trailed off and I wasn't sure if I should say something or just wait for him to continue speaking.

After a few silent minutes, he finally spoke, "I promise, you will be the only girl in my life." Then before I could say anything, he climbed out of my room through the window and vanished.

I sighed before sitting on my bed. No answers had been given and I was left with more questions. What the hell was going on with him? Everything seemed so dramatic. I wasn't sure if I could take anymore of this. I needed time. Time to adjust to everything....

...I needed a break.

"Ready for school?" My mother called from the hall.

"Yeah," I replied grabbing my things and walking out of my room. School was going to be terrible today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update! So sorry! I've just been really busy. And writers block is no fun. =(

So yeah, what do you think?
Leave a comment please. :)
I love you all just because you take the time to read this story!
Thanks bunches!! I wouldn't be this far if it wasn't for you all.
I'm going to try to update more often. I really am. ;)

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Sorry it's short. I wanted to get something out because it's been waaayyy too long since I last updated. So here you go. :)