Teardrops on my pointe shoes, guitar and mask

Esme's Favorite

“Really guys, you know we’ll be moving in for two weeks and you can’t get a bed! I mean three!” Maggie and Dominika laughed at Petra, as they each dragged in a big bag. Well, Dominika had her guitar flung over her shoulder and Maggie had a big radio in a bag in her hand.

“Aw, but we tried to think up every sensible spot for three beds, but nothing!” Pouted Kai.

“And we’re absolutely okay with that, sweetie. Don’t worry, Petra’s not feeling very well.” Maggie said as she placed her things in a far corner of the room. Dominika dragged her stuff to the couch, threw her bags on the floor, softly placed her guitar on the couch and fell down on the free spot beside it.

“Worst. Moving. EVER!” She said tiredly, as she closed her eyes and threw a hand over her face. Maggie smiled.

“Its great muscle practice, girl. Carry those things up and down the stairs a few times and you’re strong as Rambo.” She, on the other hand, had no problems with the bags.

“Well, sorry, Miss Gorilla, if I don’t have the right amount of body weight to do that.” Maggie flinched and looked in the corner where her stuff was.

“Yeah, well, not everyone has the luck to be like that.” She whispered quietly, so nobody could hear her. Petra was busy going through the guy’s rooms, Dominika was resting, Ruki sat next to Dominika, picked up her guitar and started playing softly a song he made up, Kai went cooking, Reita and Uruha went with Petra on the house tour, so only Aoi noticed Maggie was a little down.

“What’s up?” He asked her, as he came to her and picked up her bags. Maggie looked at him, startled.

“Oh, it’s nothing. Listen, do you have a free room here or something? You know, for practice.” She added with a smile.

“Yeah, let me lead.” He said with a wink.

“I’ll let you lead.” She laughed, as they came to a room all the way in the back of the house. It was full of mirrors; it had a dancing bar on one wall. The walls were perfectly white.

“Oh my Gackt!” Maggie exclaimed surprised.

“Gackt?” Aoi laughed.

“Bad habit.” She laughed with him.

“Since you dance, and Petra has a minor in dancing, we thought it might be useful to have a ballroom in the house.” He shrugged.

“You guys are awesome!” She squealed, as she flung her arms around Aoi’s neck and hugged him. Aoi laughed as slid his own arms around her waist and pressed her to him. They stood like that for quite a while. Maggie wasn’t sure what was happening. She knew him for two weeks, and she fell for him. Right now her knees felt like jello and the butterflies in her stomach were breakdancing. Aoi’s grasp on her weakened as a sign she should let go. She stepped away from him and unpacked her radio.

“Wee wee for dancing. I’m not going to be better without it.” Aoi laughed and nodded.

“I’ll leave you then. Break a leg.”

“Oh, please not.” She laughed, as Aoi closed the door. As soon as it clicked shut, the smile on her face faded. She sighed.

“Not going to lose weight without it.” She muttered under her breath, as she plugged in the radio and turned it on.

Maggie was in the dance room the whole day. She went out only once to announce she finished the Dirty Diana dance she was working on, and to take a bottle of water, slamming the door behind her. She came out finally at 7 p.m, sweating like a pig. Maggie went upstairs to take a shower, immidiately.

“What’s wrong with her?” Reita asked Petra, as they were sitting in the living room, watching Lord of The Rings. Petra looked at the stairs, as if Maggie was there and sighed.

“Oh, I don’t actually know. I’ve been her best friend since we were six, but her head is still a mystery. Like, as in if something messes up in her life, she does something stupid, like changing her name.”

“Her name?” Asked Reita, shocked.

“Oops.”

“Well.” Started Dominika.

“She has this awesome name from birth and she changes it, because she was bullied by some freaking idiots.”

“So what was her name?” Asked Aoi.

“Alys.” She smiled at him.

“Alice?”

“No. A-L-Y-S.” Petra spelled it out.

“Sugoi!” Said Kai, as he brought in some plates with pancakes. He placed the plates in everybody’s lap. There was one plate extra.

“Where’s Alys?” He asked.

“Yeh, but please don’t call her that in front of her. She still holds the thought of keeping the name Maggie.” Petra said, as she tore a piece of pancake and put it in her mouth.

“It’s not that big of a change anyway. My name was Alys Margaret Johnes. Now it’s Margaret Alys Johnes.” Called a new voice from the staircase. Everybody turned around to see Maggie standing on the last step. She was in a white tank top, pink sweatpants with white stripes and barefoot. Her hair was puffy, as if she dried it a minute ago.

“Ah, Maggie-chan! It’s dinnertime!” Exclaimed Kai with a smile. Maggie pitter-pattered, well, limped to the couch and sat on it.

“That’s sweet, Kai. Thanks.” She smiled back, as she took her plate and placed it on her lap. She looked at the three pancakes on the plate covered with chocolate, sugar and fruit jam.

“Maggie.” Petra warned.

“I want you to eat at least one.” Maggie’s cheeks reddened.

“Of course!” She snapped at her, tore a piece of pancake and stuffed it in her mouth. Petra patted her head, as she resumed watching Lord of the Rings. Maggie ate with blazing speed, but she stopped at the second pancake, she yawned.

“Whoopsie! Someone’s tired!” Laughed Dominika, as she held her face in her hands, squeezed her cheeks so her lips would pout and did a cute grimace. Maggie yawned again and laughed at the same time. The laughter was hautingly weird.

“Okay, if you laugh like that one more time, I won’t be able to sleep. Carry on to bed, Maggie. You ate your dinner.”

“Right. Good night, little ones. And may the druids, faeries and angels guard your sleep.” Maggie yawned again, as she stood up and kissed Petra’s and Dominika’s forehead. With that, Maggie limped back upstairs. Ruki lifted an eyebrow at Dominika, who was sitting next to him, casually leaning against him.

“Druids, faeries and angels?” He asked her, amused.

“Maggie’s a Wicca. She believes in this kind of stuff. I would, too, if I was celtic. Her family from her father’s side is in America, and they moved there in the eighteens. They were originally from Ireland.” She explained, as she sighed dreamingly at the sight of Aragorn jumping out and killing orcs.

“Ah, cool.” He said, as he scooted over to her.

“Maggie is so cool!” Kai called with a smile. Petra threw a piece of Maggie’s pancake at him.

“Hey! What about us?! Dominika’s ancestors are from Russia, where her family is one of the oldest ones! And I survived a game of Russian roulette!” Petra said with a whine.

“Mou! Dominika and I are cooler than Maggie by far and nobody wants to talk about us.”

“You wish you were!” Called Maggie from the floor.

“Go to bed, treehugger!” Yelled Petra, as she crossed her arms on her chest and pouted. Dominika laughed and patted her head.

“Aw. Your family is pretty cool, but the only thing you babble about is the Russian roulette thing!”

“Where’s your family from, Petra-chan?” Asked Kai, as he got the pancake off his forehead.

“That will be for another night. Hey, let’s play games tommorow!” Petra laughed.

“Sure, well…it’s 10 P.M!” Aoi slapped his forehead and sighed.

“I’m wrapping up for tonight.”
”But Boromir’s about to die!” Exclaimed Petra.

“Who’s shoulder am I going to cry on?” She asked dramatically. Dominika slapped the back of her head.

“The mosquito’s I just gave you.” She laughed.

“Ow!” Aoi shook his head, as he left the bickering girls. He went up the stairs and opened the door to his room, to find Maggie on his bed with her laptop in her lap. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she held her right hand to her lips, as she thought deeply. She heard the door squeak open, and she lifted her head up.

“Is this your room? I hope you won’t mind that I will be here, since there are no other beds to sleep in.” She said apologetically.

“No, it’s okay, I’ll sleep on the floor.” He offered.

“Don’t be silly, you’re not 16 anymore, you can control your hormones, right? We’ll sleep together, but not together, get it?”

“Not really, but sure.” He laughed.

“You’re going to sleep?”

“Yeah. I don’t like watching TV.”

“Do you want me to step out so you can get changed?” She asked, as she was starting to stand up.

“Oh, not, I’ll go to the bathroom.”

“Very well, then.” She laughed and returned to whatever she was looking for. Aoi stepped out of the room, entered the bathroom, and after closing the door behind him, he leaned against the door. He sighed deeply, ran a hand through his hair and hit the door with it. He and Maggie sleeping in the same room, the same bed? He didn’t know if he could handle that. He visited Maggie everyday during her Rock Musical Bleach event and they talked. About everything. He found they had a lot in common and there were no weird silences between them. He fell for the girl and hit the bottom. Sighing again, he changed into his pj’s, which were black jersey pants and a white t-shirt, and went to his room. He found that Maggie moved to the left side of the bed, so he had some space. She looked up from her laptop, smiled at him and patted the place next to her. He smiled back, as he climbed on the bed and layed down. There was a calm silence between them.

“So, what cha’ looking for?” He asked her.

“I’m downloading Inglorious Basterds, Troy, Pearl Harbor and King Arthur.” She said, as she punched the enter button.

“That’s a variety of films.” He noted.

“Well, yeah. My brother said I would enjoy the Inglorious Basterds, I wanted to download Troy for soundtrack types and the battle scenes, Pearl Harbor is my favorite movie and I wanted to watch King Arthur to see if it’s any good. The title caught my eye.” She counted out on her fingers.

“Cool.” There was another silence. Aoi almost fell asleep during this one, when Maggie interrupted it.

“Yuu-kun?” She asked him.

“Hm?”

“You wanna know why I’m not in the mood today?”

“Why?”

“I…”She looked as if it was hard for her to tell him.

“I gained weight. Like 3 pounds.” She said, as she looked out of the window, embarrassed.

“Eh?” He didn’t understand.

“I gained 3 pounds. I was on the limit before them. Now, if someone from school finds out, they’ll kick me out for being too heavy.”

“That’s stupid. You’re perfect as you are, plus, I didn’t even notice you gained weight.”

“Oh, you’re such a charmer.” She said dryly.

“Thanks. AND, you danced for about what, eight hours? I have a feeling you’ll lose another 20 pounds on the next day.”

“You’re saying I need to lose 20 pounds?” She asked sharply.

“No, sorry.” She changed quickly. She closed her computer and set it on the nightstand next to her. She then burried her head into her hands.

“I’m always like this. On the limit, over the limit, well under the limit, on the limit again.” She sighed.

“It’s hard for me to maintain my weight. I don’t know why.”

Aoi sat up and leaned against the headboard.

“Why is there a limit, anyway?” He asked.

“For lifting.”

“Oh, come on.” He said in a soothing voice, as she flung his arm around her shoulder and pulled her to him.

“So what, you’re a little over the limit. I’ve always liked girls who don’t go by the rules.” Maggie laughed.

“Even if it makes them a big ball of fat?”

“That’s not your case. To be honest with you, I think you should gain even more weight.”

“Eh?”

“You’re boney.” He chuckled, as he lifted her little wrist and compared it to his big one. He then grabbed it with his big hand.

“I’m surprised you didn’t break anything yet. I could break your wrist like a twig.”

“If it was anything else, I would say, “You are most welcome to try”, but I like my hand without a cask.” Maggie laughed with Aoi. She looked at the alarmclock, which blicked the date 19th January, 11:59 P.M.

“Hey, isn’t your birthday tommorow?” She asked him. He looked at it too.

“Well, yeah.”

“Uh-huh.” She said slowly, as if trying to figure out something. The clock ticked to midnight and Maggie threw her left leg over Aoi and sat on him. She held his face in her hands.

“Happy 26th birthday, Yuu-kun.” She whispered, as she pressed her lips to his. Aoi froze, not sure what to do. Maggie was kissing him. What should he do? Idiot, he screamed at himself. You’re not a teenager anymore, kiss her back! His hands wrapped around her waist, as he pulled Maggie closer to his body. Maggie’s hands slowly fell down on his shoulders and around his neck, as she pulled him closer to her lips. His hands slowly went under her shirt and his thumbs brushed her stomach. Maggie giggled and Aoi broke the kiss. He pressed his forehead against hers.

“What is it?” He asked her with a smile.

“It tickles.” She giggled again, with red cheeks.

“Oh, really?” He asked her with an evil grin. Maggie realized the mistake she made and her face twisted into pure horror.

“You wouldn’t!” She said, as she leaned away from him, but too late. His fingers attacked her sides, and she squealed in delight and laughter, as she tumbled on her side.

“I’ve got you now!” Aoi said victoriously, as his fingers moved faster up and down her sides.

“Please, stop.” She squealed between giggles.

“No way, hosey.” He laughed and kept tickling her. Just as the tears gathered up in her eyes, he stopped. Their positions changed. Now Maggie was lying on the bed and Aoi was hovering above her with each leg at her side.

“Now, I have an offer to make. If you will decline, you will be tickled to death.” He warned evily.

“Ooh, sexy. I’m listening.” Maggie chuckled and whispered into his ear, blowing hot air in it. Aoi stiffled a groan building up inside him.

“You will not be tickled again, if you’ll go out with me. Which gives me the permission to kiss you whenever and wherever I want, take you out on dates, embrace you as well and you will belong to me.”

“Well…” Maggie faked thinking.

“That last line is pretty sexist, but it sounded nice. I accept your offer, Yuu-sama.” She said his name sexily, as she nibbled on his ear.

“Seal the deal with a kiss?” He managed to ask.

“Gladly.” Maggie pulled Aoi down by his shirt. They returned to kissing, while Dominika and Ruki were outside, spying on them. Dominika shook her head.

“First day and she gets a boyfriend.”

“Jealous?” He asked her.

“Not at all. I’ll get you sometime.” She grinned at him.

“I’m sure you will.” He grinned back, as they went down to finish the film.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two :)