A New Beginning

Demetri Martin

We sat on the couch watching Demetri Martin’s “People” on Comedy Central. Just my dads and I. I was shocked to find out that they had never heard of Demetri Martin. He and Jeff Dunham are my two favorite comedians of all time! I told them they had to watch Demetri because they would laugh so hard. Boy, was I right. I have never seen people laugh so hard in my life. It was one of those moments that you want to take a picture of but don’t have one or you don’t want to move. I was laughing so hard when it came to the part with the flip chart.

Demetri Martin soon was over and South park came on. None of us moved, to comfortable to do anything. I let my mind wonder to school for the second time today. After the little talk I had with my dads I thought I was ready for high school, But out of no were the thought really sunk in. I was going to go to high school! I began to think more of this. The big ‘What if’s began to wash over me like a waves on the shore.
I started to get nervous. Oh god, I think I’m going to be sick. I quickly got up, feeling dizzy, My eyes began to water. I was going to be sick, I had to get to the bath room, and quick! I ran out of the room to the stairs taking them two and three at a time. I flung the bath room door open, witch hit the wall making a loud bang noise I‘m sure my dads heard. I through my self at the toilet and pulled the lid up just in time because I empted the contents of my stomach then. I began to cry then. I thought I was ready for school that I wouldn’t let it scare me, but I was wrong. I choked back a sob, witch was a bad idea because again I gagged, throwing up again. More tears fell. My fingers griped the toilet so tight that my they begin to turn white. My nerves were doing this to me I knew that.
I heard a gasp. I looked up to see dad. Over the sound of my heart beating in my ears I heard him call for daddy. Once again I heaved myself of the toilet and gagged. By now I was sobbing because it hurt to gag.

Dad came in and fell beside me, “Mia what’s wrong babe?” he asked franticly. I just sobbed as an answer. I could feel it coming again. I gagged again as daddy came upon the scene. Sweat and tears rolled down my face. I seemed to be calming down. I felt dad whipping some of the sweat from my forehead with a rag. Again He asked, “What’s wrong babe?” I took the rag he had and wiped the sides of my mouth. “My nerves are shot…I was just thinking about tomorrow and began to feel sick.” I explained in a raspy voice. They both nodded. Dad pulled me close to him and I buried my face in his shoulder. He rocked me slowly.

A few moments past, Then I finally pulled myself together and began to stand. I felt limp, I swayed a little, but then stood straight up. Walking over to the sink I turned the water on, grabbing my tooth brush. I smeared tooth paste on it and proceeded to brush my teeth. After rinsing my tooth brush I leaned down cupping my hands and filled them with the ice cold water. I then splashed my face with it. It felt refreshing. Both of my dads watched me as I did all of this. I turned to daddy. “I’m going to go to sleep, now,” I said. He nodded.
I walked out into the hall way and down it towards my dads room . My dads were only feet behind me making sure I didn’t become sick again.

I flipped on the light by their bed. I crawled in to it and under the covers. I stretched. They were looking at me funny. It must be because I told them I was going to bed, and they must have thought I meant my bed but nope their bed it better than mine. Its nice and soft. I snuggled in to one of there pillows. They still were just looking at me. I was about to fall asleep right then and there. I looked at them sleepily and smiled. “What? Your bed it better then mine.” I said tiredly. I seen daddy shrug and turn to leave dad right behind him. I fallowed them with my eyes out the door where dad jumped on daddy’s back and demanded a piggy back ride. Dad made a girl like scream that was mixed with dads name, when dad jumped on him. I smiled at this. And closed my eyes.