‹ Prequel: Unintended Love
Sequel: Forever Yours
Status: Completed =)

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

Mr. and Mrs. Morgan

“Zackary, what’s going on here?” asked Mrs. Morgan.
“Mom, I—“
“Zack, where’s Molly?” asked Mr. Morgan.
“We…I asked her for an annulment.”
“Rain—Maybe you should go,” said Mrs. Morgan. “We need to talk with our son.”
“No,” said Zack. “I want him to stay.”
“Son, you just got married. Why are you doing this?”
“Because…I got to Hawaii and I just realized that I was married to the wrong person.”
“Did you ever love Molly?” asked Mr. Morgan.
“I did—or at least I thought I did.”
“What’s that mean?” asked Mrs. Morgan.
“I loved Molly because she was like Rain. She had…She had the same habit and the same sense of humor. I didn’t even realize it until Rain came back to town.”
“This is not good, Zack. You can’t just use people and think that it’s okay,” said Mr. Morgan. “Do you know where Molly is right now?”
“I don’t know. She might still be in Hawaii. She might’ve come home. We separated literally too.”
“This is a mess, Zackary. I can’t believe you,” said Mrs. Morgan.
“Mom, I’m not going to apologize like I’m a kid still. Would you rather I have stayed with Molly for years, lying to myself and to her?”
“No, I guess not,” said Mrs. Morgan.
“But that still doesn’t make it right,” said Mr. Morgan.
“I know it isn’t, but I had to follow my heart dad. And it tells me that Rain is the one for me—forever.”
He squeezed my hand and I smiled at him.
“I’m sorry, Rain. I don’t want you to think that we don’t approve of you,” said Mrs. Morgan.
“It’s okay. You’re just worried about him,” I said.
“Exactly,” she said. “But you need to know that we love you too—like a son.” Mr. Morgan nodded his head in agreement.
“I know,” I said. “Just like I love you guys like—like second parents. And Mr. Morgan, you’re practically the only father I have.”
Mr. Morgan smiled. “Zack, you need to talk to Molly. You need to make sure that you two are on the same page—married or not.”
“I will. I’ll call her—tomorrow. Right now…I just wanna be with Rain. It’s been way too long.”
“No matter what the circumstances, Rain—we’re glad to have you and Zack back together,” said Mrs. Morgan.
“I always thought that Zack here was making a mistake by not trying to harder to keep you around all those years ago.”
I blushed, and smiled. “Well, I’m glad to be back.”
“Honey, let’s leave,” said Mr. Morgan. “The boys need some time alone.”
“Right,” she said with a smile. She walked over to Zack and kissed him on the forehead and then she did the same to me.
Mr. and Mrs. Morgan left and then Zack smiled at me. “Maybe we should find someplace else to go.”
“Can we go upstairs?” I asked.
“My parents turned my room into an office.”
I smiled. “Well, we could go to my place and sit on the beach.”
“That sounds great,” he said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please =)
This is the final chapter of Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace. The final story is call Forever Yours. It's the final chapter in Zack and Rain's story.