‹ Prequel: South Of Nowhere.

Waste Of Time.

one.

Jack cranked up the music while he swiffered the wood floors of our house. My head was pounding and I was ready to kick Jack over the moon. I face palmed and shoved my face into one of the couch pillows. I let out a groan and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Alexis, are you having a break down?" Jack mocked.
"Shut the hell up." I snarled, lifting my head out of the pillow.
"I'll get the midol." Jack joked, walking into the kitchen.

I sat up and stomped over to the stereo, unplugging it from the wall entirely. Jack was not human. He didn't get hangovers. His head didn't pound, and when he drinks alcohol and gets completely trashed, he manages to remember every thing perfectly from the night before.

Jack walked back out with a bottle of aspirin and a water bottle. He threw them at me once I was seated on the couch again. I popped four aspirin into my mouth and swallowed them down with one big gulp of water.

"We need food. I'm starving." Jack groaned, rubbing his stomach.
"Feel free to go shopping." I shook my head, pointing to the door.
"It's your turn!" Jack squealed.
"I'm dealing with a hangover!" I argued.
"Cry about it." Jack scoffed.

I shook my head and stood up, heading for my bedroom. I was hungry anyways. Maybe getting out of the house would help my headache. I changed into a glamor kills t-shirt, a pair of tight fitting dark jeans and my converse. I flipped my hair a few times and ran my fingers through it before placing a red fitting hat over my dark brown hair. I called myself ready to go after spraying myself thoroughly with Axe.

I walked back down the stairs, grabbing my keys off the key rack. I slipped a hoodie on. The Baltimore air, although it was spring, was still chilly.

"See you later, dude." Jack said, fist pounding me.
"I'm going grocery shopping. Not sailing to Cuba." I rolled my eyes.

I opened up the door and stepped outside.

"Don't let the door hit your vagina on the way out. We wouldn't want you to throw a bitch fit because it got your thong in a twist!" Jack shouted at me as I closed the door. I let a laugh escape my lips before I unlocked my car and got inside.

I started the engine and back out of the driveway. Baltimore brought back some bad memories. Tour was a good reliever to things I couldn't handle here.

The grocery store was twenty five minutes away. I went five miles over the speed limit, hoping to get there faster. The sun was blinding me. I pulled into the parking lot and killed the ignition after finding a parking space. I leaned back in my seat, letting a groan out.

I was hoping I wasn't going to run into my mom. Or anyone else for that matter. They always want to stay and chat for an hour, and I mumble a 'yeah' every once in awhile. I hopped out of the car and walked in, grabbing a cart.

I walked through the isles, throwing things into the cart that I thought we would need. A twenty four pack of beer, junk food, chicken, and macaroni. I picked up a couple bottles of Advil and a pack of water. The smell of food made my stomach lurch.

I got in the check out line, leaning against the magazine rack, flipping through the latest celebrity gossip. I looked around me, noticing the girl behind me was fighting a toddler. He wanted to walk. He pulled on her hair, making her yelp.

I chuckled softly and the put the magazine back, inching forward in the line. I placed my things on the belt and smiled up at the cashier. I fiddled with my credit card, waiting for her to finish scanning the items. I glanced at her work uniform, glancing at her name tag.

Ellaire L.

I snapped my eyes up to her face, gasping. I hadn't seen her since senior year, two years ago. A smile spread across my face.

"Ellarie?" I questioned.

She flipped her head up. She changed. Her hair got darker, and her skin got tanner. She looked like she could be modeling in a Playboy magazine.

"Who are you?" She asked, her eyes flickering with annoyance.
"Alex. Remember me?" I asked in disbelief.
"Alex who?" She said, sticking things in grocery bags.
"Gaskarth. Your senior boyfriend." I laughed.
"Your total is eighty three dollars and forty two cents." Ellarie sighed.

I swiped my card and stuck it in my wallet. I began to load up the cart with groceries while I thought of something to say.

"How have you been?" I asked slyly.

Ellarie didn't answer. She pulled her bangs back behind her ears while she scanned the next person's food.

"You can't ignore me forever." I smirked.
"Watch me." Ellarie snarled.
♠ ♠ ♠
sucky.
but i love this, and i think you guys are going to love where it's going. (: